Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
notanumber

Re: Yale 2010

Postby notanumber » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:01 pm

jamesieee wrote:
booby87 wrote:
jamesieee wrote:Thanks owhlcn. Will report back after lunch. On second thought, maybe just watch the news for the naked drunk man streaking through the streets of LA.

hahaha

welllllllllllll?? have you called yet??

HOLY SH*T YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny story, PM if you'd like to hear.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back in the office now, can't stop spinning in my chair. It's going to be a looooooong few hours until I can unleash myself upon the world.

Congrats! Enjoy the rest of your day.

It's been a good run with Yale for TLS with folk recently.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Congrats and all but...

STOP TAKING UP ALL THE SPOTS!

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:21 pm

dutchstriker wrote:Congrats and all but...

STOP TAKING UP ALL THE SPOTS!

STOP TAKING UP ALL THE $$$$$$$

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 pm

jamesieee wrote:
booby87 wrote:
jamesieee wrote:Thanks owhlcn. Will report back after lunch. On second thought, maybe just watch the news for the naked drunk man streaking through the streets of LA.

hahaha

HOLY SH*T YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny story, PM if you'd like to hear.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back in the office now, can't stop spinning in my chair. It's going to be a looooooong few hours until I can unleash myself upon the world.

YAY!! :D

chopsticks3092

Postby chopsticks3092 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:43 pm

jamesieee wrote:
booby87 wrote:

hahaha

CONGRATS!! And it definitely is a matter of unleashing yourself upon the world. I want to hear the story too - consider yourself PMed!

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:02 pm

crackberry wrote:So at about 1 pm PST, I got ANOTHER phantom call from a 203-432-XXXX number that was NOT the law school. It was a different number than the missed call I got on Saturday (though it was similar; the last four digits were the same, just in a different order). The phone only rang twice before the person on the other end hung up so I never got to speak to whomever was on the other end of the line.

I'm beginning to think this is a prank of some kind - I just can't figure out who is on the other end.

This is utterly bizarre. If it is a prank, then it's being played by someone with access to the Yale Development office (assuming that the person who called you today is the same person who called you on Saturday). Do you know anyone who currently goes to school or works at Yale?

Whatever the explanation, the whole thing is messed up.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:17 pm

Dignan wrote:
crackberry wrote:So at about 1 pm PST, I got ANOTHER phantom call from a 203-432-XXXX number that was NOT the law school. It was a different number than the missed call I got on Saturday (though it was similar; the last four digits were the same, just in a different order). The phone only rang twice before the person on the other end hung up so I never got to speak to whomever was on the other end of the line.

I'm beginning to think this is a prank of some kind - I just can't figure out who is on the other end.

This is utterly bizarre. If it is a prank, then it's being played by someone with access to the Yale Development office (assuming that the person who called you today is the same person who called you on Saturday). Do you know anyone who currently goes to school or works at Yale?

I know a few people who went to school there and who might still be there, but none of them know I'm applying to law school. If it happened just once, I'd be willing to accept that it's a strange coincidence, but the fact that it's happened twice makes me think it's more than coincidental. I've never attended Yale, so they wouldn't have my # in their alumni directory.

I should add that I do have a good friend from UG who is from New Haven and who has a (203) cell phone number. He knows I am applying, but he goes to NYU Law and there's no reason he'd be in New Haven right now. He also probably does not have access to the Development Office.

Honestly, I have no idea.
Last edited by crackberry on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm

crackberry wrote:
Dignan wrote:

I know a few people who went to school there and who might still be there, but none of them know I'm applying to law school.

They may know someone who knows, though, and are enjoying a little payback for the time that you flirted with their girlfriend.

Seriously, though, you should give them a call, just in case.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:26 pm

CardinalRules wrote:They may know someone who knows, though, and are enjoying a little payback for the time that you flirted with their girlfriend.

Seriously, though, you should give them a call, just in case.

I actually do have an ex-girlfriend from HS who went to Yale UG, but I haven't spoken to her since freshman year of college (2004-2005) and there is no way she has any clue I'm applying to YLS. She also is no longer in New Haven.

I'll probably call the admissions office to sort it out, if only to get some closure on this bizarre sequence of events.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Just so you know, you can spoof a caller ID number display VERY easily. Google for more info. It could be one of your current friend who is messing with you.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:Just so you know, you can spoof a caller ID number display VERY easily. Google for more info. It could be one of your current friend who is messing with you.

That's true and I thought of it. There's really only one person it could be and I asked him about it and was confident he was telling me the truth when he said he hadn't done it.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 pm

crackberry wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Just so you know, you can spoof a caller ID number display VERY easily. Google for more info. It could be one of your current friend who is messing with you.

That's true and I thought of it. There's really only one person it could be and I asked him about it and was confident he was telling me the truth when he said he hadn't done it.

Although I can kinda see a friend doing this once, you'd think that a friend would quickly reveal the "joke" after the first call. Doing the same thing again three days later (also shortly after a tweet from the Yale admissions office) is rather weird, if not downright disturbing.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Dignan wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Although I can kinda see a friend doing this once, you'd think that a friend would quickly reveal the "joke" after the first call. Doing the same thing again three days later (also shortly after a tweet from the Yale admissions office) is rather weird, if not downright disturbing.

Perhaps Asha will enlighten us about the secret strategy here in her next blog entry.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Dignan wrote:
crackberry wrote:

True, there's also no way he could have kept a straight face when I confronted him about it the first time. But he did. So he didn't do it.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Maybe it's like a scavenger hunt, if you figure it out, you get in :twisted:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Or maybe you came across a time machine some years later, and came back in time to let yourself know with hints that you will get admitted without blowing the timeline.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 pm

r6_philly wrote:Or maybe you came across a time machine some years later, and came back in time to let yourself know with hints that you will get admitted without blowing the timeline.

It might have been simpler if Crack had left a post-it for himself on his refrigerator: "Don't Sweat It: Yale Will Call."

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:35 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Or maybe you came across a time machine some years later, and came back in time to let yourself know with hints that you will get admitted without blowing the timeline.

It might have been simpler if Crack had left a post-it for himself on his refrigerator: "Don't Sweat It: Yale Will Call."

Well maybe he didn't want to take the chance of being seen.

Ok maybe his future ex came across a time machine and came back in time to torment him. (it would work either if he got in, or if he didn't)

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Too much of a masturbatory tease to result in something good. I predict a ding for Crack.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:If you find out that School X would not accept you, would you use the time machine to travel back in time so you could skip sending the application?

r6_philly wrote:Yes, there's the kind of time machine that turns back time, and there's the kind of time machine that allows you to travel back in time. But if you have the kind of time machine that allows you to travel back in time, you could still possibly make your old self skip sending the application by indirect means. Accomplishing so would alter the timeline and when you return to the future you would not have retained the same memories

r6_philly wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

Well maybe he didn't want to take the chance of being seen.

Ok maybe his future ex came across a time machine and came back in time to torment him. (it would work either if he got in, or if he didn't)

Man, you and your time machines. :P

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:58 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:If you find out that School X would not accept you, would you use the time machine to travel back in time so you could skip sending the application?

r6_philly wrote:

Man, you and your time machines. :P

Yeah...I was wondering if r6_philly was warming up for Lost tonight.

existenz

Postby existenz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 pm

r6_philly, please tell me that your 250 was about what you'd do if you had a time machine.
Last edited by existenz on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 pm

existenz wrote:r6_philly, please tell me that your 250 was about what you'd do if you have a time machine.

It would truly be a challenge to condense that exercise into 250 words.

existenz

Postby existenz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:36 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
existenz wrote:r6_philly, please tell me that your 250 was about what you'd do if you had a time machine.

lol

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
existenz wrote:r6_philly, please tell me that your 250 was about what you'd do if you have a time machine.

It would be a challenge to say everything I want to say in 250 words. I have been intrigued by the idea of time travel for many years, from the first time I watched Star Trek to the first time I read "A Brief History of Time". I think I would eventually get into some advanced study in the subject. It is not practical but probably the subject I am most interested in. Although I no longer have the desire to master advanced math, 20+ credits are enough. :lol:

I wrote my 250 on pursuing and achieving my childhood dream, my one crowning victory in life. If I reapply in the fall I will probably write about my favority place on earth. That may be a bit too reclusive and hindu/buddhist like though. If I have to write it a third time I will try to write about time machines :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”