Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Congrats to everyone who got admitted this week BTW !!!

dudester

Postby dudester » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:52 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
adameus wrote:booby, I see you changed Yale back to being #1 on its own on your LSN. Do you think you are most likely headed there?

Wow, this is incredibly perceptive of you.

What exactly is a troll?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:53 pm

notanumber wrote:nattering nabobs of negativism

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dudester

Postby dudester » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:55 pm

booby87 wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
booby87 wrote:haha yeah I think I was just making myself comfortable in the likely event I got dinged from Y. I did enjoy Harvard but if I had to decide today I would choose Yale hands down.

Indeed, Booby is a little girl.

you suck at this. try harder next time.

By the way, congrats boobalicious!

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm

crackberry wrote:

I have a soft spot for Mr. Safire.

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm

r6_philly wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:I was thinking that if people put a troll on their foe lists, he'll go away. A troll loses his purpose if he isn't read by anyone.

A troll really loses his purpose if he is read but not responded to. Every bit of attention is fuel to a troll. Act like he doesn't exist and it will get old soon. Unfortunately that is easier said than done.

The problem is is that only TLS regulars will have the where with all to put him on a foe list, and then there will just be no one to rebuke his posts for all the new/infrequent posters . . . that's how bad advice gets out there

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:59 pm

notanumber wrote:
crackberry wrote:

I don't, necessarily, but that is one of the best catchphrases (not the right word, but you know what I mean) of all time.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:00 pm

So I know what listing someone as a foe does. What does listing them as a friend do? Do you get an email whenever they post? That would be deadly for some of us. Hundreds of emails a day (cough, Kronk, cough).

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:00 pm

booby87 wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
booby87 wrote:haha yeah I think I was just making myself comfortable in the likely event I got dinged from Y. I did enjoy Harvard but if I had to decide today I would choose Yale hands down.

Indeed, Booby is a little girl.

you suck at this. try harder next time.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:01 pm

amputatedbrain wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:I was thinking that if people put a troll on their foe lists, he'll go away. A troll loses his purpose if he isn't read by anyone.

A troll really loses his purpose if he is read but not responded to. Every bit of attention is fuel to a troll. Act like he doesn't exist and it will get old soon. Unfortunately that is easier said than done.

The problem is is that only TLS regulars will have the where with all to put him on a foe list, and then there will just be no one to rebuke his posts for all the new/infrequent posters . . . that's how bad advice gets out there

That is true. But we can probably keep him out of the Yale thread by ignoring him since new posters will probably not join in at this point. I read everything he posts when I come across it but I will not address anything unless it was directed at me. I am "trolled" out.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:13 pm

crackberry wrote:
notanumber wrote:
crackberry wrote:

I don't, necessarily, but that is one of the best catchphrases (not the right word, but you know what I mean) of all time.

I don't share his politics, but if every pundit had 1/10th the wit and poise of William Safire then the world would be a much more interesting, edifying, and humane place. Getting mad at him every week was my favorite thing about reading the New York Times. I don't even really look at that paper much anymore.

booby87

Postby booby87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:33 pm

crackberry wrote:So I know what listing someone as a foe does. What does listing them as a friend do? Do you get an email whenever they post? That would be deadly for some of us. Hundreds of emails a day (cough, Kronk, cough).

No, you get a green light next to their PM when they PM you.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm gonna go to the Yale ASW before I commit for sure, but it's pretty much just to make sure they aren't cannibals.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:So I know what listing someone as a foe does. What does listing them as a friend do? Do you get an email whenever they post? That would be deadly for some of us. Hundreds of emails a day (cough, Kronk, cough).

Hmm a seemingly useless addition to TLS.

Also, booby, did you go to UCSC or UCSB? PM me?

And booby/TH - is Stanford totally out of the running for both of you now? Are either of you going to go to ASW? TH, you must feel pretty inadequate compared to booby. She got a Darrow at Michigan; you didn't even get in!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:44 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

And booby/TH - is Stanford totally out of the running for both of you now? Are either of you going to go to ASW? TH, you must feel pretty inadequate compared to booby. She got a Darrow at Michigan; you didn't even get in!

Dept. of Irrelevant Information. :lol:

Oh, also you can see when your friends are on the site at any given time by accessing your PM page. They're listed on the left.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:46 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

I would argue that getting waitlisted at Michigan is a greater accomplishment than getting a Darrow there.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:48 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

I would argue that getting waitlisted at Michigan is a greater accomplishment than getting a Darrow there.

I'm also more impressed by people who were WL'ed at Virginia than those who got Dean's Scholarships. Ah, the oddities of law school admissions!

booby87

Postby booby87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:54 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

Yes, It's good to have defense mechanisms. ;)

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Oh, but to answer your question crack, I'm not really considering any school except for Yale. I'd kind of like to visit Stanford just to see what's there, but I doubt I should skip much more class than I already have.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:06 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

Yesssssssss 8)

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:06 pm

tomhobbes wrote:. . . I doubt I should skip much more class than I already have.

4.0/4.1? You could use some additional time away from the classroom, Tommy.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Does anyone have a time machine? I'd really like to know what Yale is going to do with me so I can move on with my life.

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:12 pm

ConMan345 wrote:Does anyone have a time machine? I'd really like to know what Yale is going to do with me so I can move on with my life.

I'll let you in on a secret:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”