Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 am

twitter says more admits today. fantastic.

Miznitic
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Miznitic » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 pm

In.

LSAT : 179
GPA 2.89 (first attempt at college 10 years ago (long story) < 1.0, second successfull attempt > 3.5)

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Miznitic wrote:In.

LSAT : 179
GPA 2.89 (first attempt at college 10 years ago (long story) < 1.0, second successfull attempt > 3.5)


Congratulations on your admission and on overcoming your original low GPA (and whatever caused it)!

And the same to everybody else who has been admitted over the last couple of days!

nycsource
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby nycsource » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Congratulations Miznitic, did you get the call today?
Last edited by nycsource on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackmamba76
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby blackmamba76 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Miznitic wrote:In.

LSAT : 179
GPA 2.89 (first attempt at college 10 years ago (long story) < 1.0, second successfull attempt > 3.5)



Congratulations!

Miznitic
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Miznitic » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:16 pm

nycsource wrote:Congratulations Miznitic, did you get the call today?


Yep. About 20 minutes before this email. Had to call my mother first. I thought Yale was a reach because of my previous lackluster history (youth.)

I'm waiting on a couple more app results before I make my decision.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby adameus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Miznitic wrote:
nycsource wrote:Congratulations Miznitic, did you get the call today?


Yep. About 20 minutes before this email. Had to call my mother first. I thought Yale was a reach because of my previous lackluster history (youth.)

I'm waiting on a couple more app results before I make my decision.



wow!!! are you URM? Either way, still an incredible acceptance. You must have some killer softs and did a fantastic job on your PS and 250.

Miznitic
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Miznitic » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:40 pm

adameus wrote:wow!!! are you URM? Either way, still an incredible acceptance. You must have some killer softs and did a fantastic job on your PS and 250.


Yep. URM and non-Trad (34)

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby booby87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 pm

.
Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby adameus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:13 pm

booby, I see you changed Yale back to being #1 on its own on your LSN. Do you think you are most likely headed there?

User avatar
ConMan345
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby ConMan345 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:18 pm

adameus wrote:booby, I see you changed Yale back to being #1 on its own on your LSN. Do you think you are most likely headed there?


Wow, this is incredibly perceptive of you.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:34 pm

Edited.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby adameus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:45 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
adameus wrote:booby, I see you changed Yale back to being #1 on its own on your LSN. Do you think you are most likely headed there?


Wow, this is incredibly perceptive of you.


There was a specific note in his LSN which mentioned him making Yale and Harvard co #1's. TBH I don't think I had looked at Booby's LSN profile before today.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:47 pm

I think booby is a girl.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby adameus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:14 pm

crackberry wrote:I think booby is a girl.


you are correct. While I am very perceptive in some cases, I am clearly lazy in others :)

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby booby87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:10 pm

.
Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Herb Watchfell
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:13 pm

booby87 wrote:haha yeah I think I was just making myself comfortable in the likely event I got dinged from Y. I did enjoy Harvard but if I had to decide today I would choose Yale hands down.


Indeed, Booby is a little girl.

lawyering
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby lawyering » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
booby87 wrote:haha yeah I think I was just making myself comfortable in the likely event I got dinged from Y. I did enjoy Harvard but if I had to decide today I would choose Yale hands down.


Indeed, Booby is a little girl.


why hasn't this troll been kicked out yet??

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:30 pm

lawyering wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
booby87 wrote:haha yeah I think I was just making myself comfortable in the likely event I got dinged from Y. I did enjoy Harvard but if I had to decide today I would choose Yale hands down.


Indeed, Booby is a little girl.


why hasn't this troll been kicked out yet??

Honestly, I've been trying for weeks. It is definitely an alt of a previously-banned troll. The real question is how pathetic do you have to be to create an alt and keep coming back to troll? Can you provide an answer to that, Herb?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:34 pm

crackberry wrote:
lawyering wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
booby87 wrote:haha yeah I think I was just making myself comfortable in the likely event I got dinged from Y. I did enjoy Harvard but if I had to decide today I would choose Yale hands down.


Indeed, Booby is a little girl.


why hasn't this troll been kicked out yet??

Honestly, I've been trying for weeks. It is definitely an alt of a previously-banned troll. The real question is how pathetic do you have to be to create an alt and keep coming back to troll? Can you provide an answer to that, Herb?


Put him on your foe list, and you'll never have to read his posts again.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:37 pm

CardinalRules wrote:Put him on your foe list, and you'll never have to read his posts again.

It's not that they personally offend me - he is a pathetic troll; what do I care if he is condescending to me - but that I think he is a negative influence on this site as a whole. TLS would be a better place without him around, but I want to be able to see what he says.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:41 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:Put him on your foe list, and you'll never have to read his posts again.

It's not that they personally offend me - he is a pathetic troll; what do I care if he is condescending to me - but that I think he is a negative influence on this site as a whole. TLS would be a better place without him around, but I want to be able to see what he says.


I was thinking that if people put a troll on their foe lists, he'll go away. A troll loses his purpose if he isn't read by anyone.

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 pm

CardinalRules wrote: Put him on your foe list, and you'll never have to read his posts again.

Foe lists? I had no idea this existed.
Thanks CardinalRules!
Now I can eliminate the various trolls and nattering nabobs of negativism from my TLS surfing.

And Booby: Why are you leaning towards Yale? That's my gut instinct too but the more I look at Harvard the more impressed with them I get. I may not be able to attend the Harvard ASW so I'd love to get your perspective on things. . .
Last edited by notanumber on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby booby87 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:44 pm

.
Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:44 pm

CardinalRules wrote:I was thinking that if people put a troll on their foe lists, he'll go away. A troll loses his purpose if he isn't read by anyone.


A troll really loses his purpose if he is read but not responded to. Every bit of attention is fuel to a troll. Act like he doesn't exist and it will get old soon. Unfortunately that is easier said than done.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, Automotomayor, carlos_danger, eastring, elcamino4, hwwong, Keilz, mccracal, tinafeyclone, Yitzhak26 and 23 guests