Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Nom Sawyer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:16 am

hermione0901 wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:This thread (and all others on this forum, for that matter) are officially bad for my mental state. 2 hours ago, I was in a blissful state of ignorance, not hoping to hear from Yale anytime in the next several months and working on my finals. Now, I am a nervous wreck who can't focus on finals and STILL will most likely not hear anything from Yale for several months. Definitely a negative turn of events.


You got your JR2 to comfort you....



Harvard > Yale anyways :twisted: .


See, I'm a small school kinda person in general, so maybe, but I don't know...

Also, Yale was my dream school for UG. I feel like I'm just waiting for the same guy to break my heart again...


Ahh ok makes sense then... i'm a big school person. Altho pretty sure I wouldn't get into Yale anyways.

hermione0901
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby hermione0901 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:20 am

SolarWind wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:This thread (and all others on this forum, for that matter) are officially bad for my mental state. 2 hours ago, I was in a blissful state of ignorance, not hoping to hear from Yale anytime in the next several months and working on my finals. Now, I am a nervous wreck who can't focus on finals and STILL will most likely not hear anything from Yale for several months. Definitely a negative turn of events.


You got your JR2 to comfort you....



Harvard > Yale anyways :twisted: .


See, I'm a small school kinda person in general, so maybe, but I don't know...

Also, Yale was my dream school for UG. I feel like I'm just waiting for the same guy to break my heart again...


Ahh ok makes sense then... i'm a big school person. Altho pretty sure I wouldn't get into Yale anyways.


Me neither. Oh well, we can keep dreaming for a few more weeks, anyway!

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby GeePee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:31 am

shenanigans wrote:
GeePee wrote:I went complete tonight. That's in time for an acceptance tomorrow, right? ;)



Any guesses as to who could be fair game for the first batch tomorrow? October completes? Pre-Thanksgiving completes? Can't help wondering who could be getting their call after GeePee :D

This is a cruel, cruel joke. Thank God it can only last until tomorrow :D

alleyoop86
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:42 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby alleyoop86 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:49 am

GeePee wrote:
shenanigans wrote:
GeePee wrote:I went complete tonight. That's in time for an acceptance tomorrow, right? ;)



Any guesses as to who could be fair game for the first batch tomorrow? October completes? Pre-Thanksgiving completes? Can't help wondering who could be getting their call after GeePee :D

This is a cruel, cruel joke. Thank God it can only last until tomorrow :D


apparently yale has called on saturdays and sundays before so.... :mrgreen:

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby GeePee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:55 am

alleyoop86 wrote:
GeePee wrote:
shenanigans wrote:
GeePee wrote:I went complete tonight. That's in time for an acceptance tomorrow, right? ;)



Any guesses as to who could be fair game for the first batch tomorrow? October completes? Pre-Thanksgiving completes? Can't help wondering who could be getting their call after GeePee :D

This is a cruel, cruel joke. Thank God it can only last until tomorrow :D


apparently yale has called on saturdays and sundays before so.... :mrgreen:

As long as the FIRST call is tomorrow, I'm ok!

User avatar
joshikousei
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby joshikousei » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:58 am

.
Last edited by joshikousei on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 am

joshikousei wrote:
alleyoop86 wrote:
GeePee wrote:This is a cruel, cruel joke. Thank God it can only last until tomorrow :D


apparently yale has called on saturdays and sundays before so.... :mrgreen:


+1, and it calls even if you're abroad


Are you guys serious? Really? Sunday? :shock:

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:44 am

hermione0901 wrote:
See, I'm a small school kinda person in general, so maybe, but I don't know...

Also, Yale was my dream school for UG. I feel like I'm just waiting for the same guy to break my heart again...


I understand, and I felt the same way about Harvard, which rejected me on my first UG application cycle. There was no replay for law school.

User avatar
joshikousei
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby joshikousei » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:02 am

.
Last edited by joshikousei on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
catwoman
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby catwoman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:58 am

apparently yale has called on saturdays and sundays before so.... :mrgreen:[/quote]

+1, and it calls even if you're abroad[/quote]

Are you guys serious? Really? Sunday? :shock:[/quote]

yep. came on a sunday. while i was flying over the pacific.[/quote]

Ok Yale, admit someone already! It's morning in your part of the world :)

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby owhlcn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 am

AHHH YALE'S NEWEST TWEET:

"admitting our first students for next fall. keep your phones handy!"

http://www.law.yale.edu/admissions/news.htm

User avatar
catwoman
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby catwoman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 am

I take it back! Stop, Yale, stop! Don't give me something concrete to freak out about!

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 am

This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?

ylc
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby ylc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:48 am

ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?


Seriously, nothing yet? I didn't even apply to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 am

ylc wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?


Seriously, nothing yet? I didn't even apply to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.


+1 I can root for other TLSrs completely because I didnt apply.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tamlyric » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:53 am

Best wishes to everyone "patiently" staring at their phones! :mrgreen:

caved
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby caved » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:53 am

Anyone feel like taking a guess at what the odds are that this first wave doesn't include anyone on TLS or LSN?

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:53 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
ylc wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?


Seriously, nothing yet? I didn't even apply to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.


+1 I can root for other TLSrs completely because I didnt apply.



I don't want to be a total buzzkill, but I suspect that most of the early YLS admits are not the types to post on TLS (with all due respect). They're probably busy tying a tourniquet to an injured child in the Congo or having brunch with President Sarkozy right now or something.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 am

caved wrote:Anyone feel like taking a guess at what the odds are that this first wave doesn't include anyone on TLS or LSN?


Jinx!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tamlyric » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:55 am

ClemCarter wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
ylc wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?


Seriously, nothing yet? I didn't even apply to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.


+1 I can root for other TLSrs completely because I didnt apply.



I don't want to be a total buzzkill, but I suspect that most of the early YLS admits are not the types to post on TLS (with all due respect). They're probably busy tying a tourniquet to an injured child in the Congo or having brunch with President Sarkozy right now or something.


Nahh. They can do both at the same time. They're omnipotent, silly.

User avatar
roxj
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby roxj » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:57 am

ClemCarter wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
ylc wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?


Seriously, nothing yet? I didn't even apply to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.


+1 I can root for other TLSrs completely because I didnt apply.



I don't want to be a total buzzkill, but I suspect that most of the early YLS admits are not the types to post on TLS (with all due respect). They're probably busy tying a tourniquet to an injured child in the Congo or having brunch with President Sarkozy right now or something.


+1. Damn you Yale and your ridiculous standards!

User avatar
pulpfree
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby pulpfree » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 pm

ylc wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?


Seriously, nothing yet? I even applied to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.


This.

ylc
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby ylc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 pm

pulpfree wrote:
ylc wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?


Seriously, nothing yet? I even applied to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.


This.


Yes, but when I refresh the page, it's with this pleasant feeling of excitement and anticipation, rather than that doom-and-gloom dreadful feeling of horribleness that I'm sure many of you are experiencing :)

ad astra
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby ad astra » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:08 pm

wow I am freaking out

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby owhlcn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:11 pm

ad astra wrote:wow I am freaking out


me too.

Me. Too.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hweigel, lawlessmd and 18 guests