Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Nom Sawyer

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Nom Sawyer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:16 am

hermione0901 wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:This thread (and all others on this forum, for that matter) are officially bad for my mental state. 2 hours ago, I was in a blissful state of ignorance, not hoping to hear from Yale anytime in the next several months and working on my finals. Now, I am a nervous wreck who can't focus on finals and STILL will most likely not hear anything from Yale for several months. Definitely a negative turn of events.

You got your JR2 to comfort you....

Harvard > Yale anyways :twisted: .

See, I'm a small school kinda person in general, so maybe, but I don't know...

Also, Yale was my dream school for UG. I feel like I'm just waiting for the same guy to break my heart again...

Ahh ok makes sense then... i'm a big school person. Altho pretty sure I wouldn't get into Yale anyways.

hermione0901

Postby hermione0901 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:20 am

SolarWind wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:This thread (and all others on this forum, for that matter) are officially bad for my mental state. 2 hours ago, I was in a blissful state of ignorance, not hoping to hear from Yale anytime in the next several months and working on my finals. Now, I am a nervous wreck who can't focus on finals and STILL will most likely not hear anything from Yale for several months. Definitely a negative turn of events.

You got your JR2 to comfort you....

Harvard > Yale anyways :twisted: .

Also, Yale was my dream school for UG. I feel like I'm just waiting for the same guy to break my heart again...

Ahh ok makes sense then... i'm a big school person. Altho pretty sure I wouldn't get into Yale anyways.

Me neither. Oh well, we can keep dreaming for a few more weeks, anyway!

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:31 am

shenanigans wrote:
GeePee wrote:I went complete tonight. That's in time for an acceptance tomorrow, right? ;)

Any guesses as to who could be fair game for the first batch tomorrow? October completes? Pre-Thanksgiving completes? Can't help wondering who could be getting their call after GeePee :D

This is a cruel, cruel joke. Thank God it can only last until tomorrow :D

alleyoop86

Postby alleyoop86 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:49 am

GeePee wrote:
shenanigans wrote:
GeePee wrote:I went complete tonight. That's in time for an acceptance tomorrow, right? ;)

Any guesses as to who could be fair game for the first batch tomorrow? October completes? Pre-Thanksgiving completes? Can't help wondering who could be getting their call after GeePee :D

apparently yale has called on saturdays and sundays before so.... :mrgreen:

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:55 am

alleyoop86 wrote:
GeePee wrote:
shenanigans wrote:

As long as the FIRST call is tomorrow, I'm ok!

joshikousei

Postby joshikousei » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:58 am

Last edited by joshikousei on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 am

joshikousei wrote:
alleyoop86 wrote:
GeePee wrote:This is a cruel, cruel joke. Thank God it can only last until tomorrow :D

+1, and it calls even if you're abroad

Are you guys serious? Really? Sunday? :shock:

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:44 am

hermione0901 wrote:

I understand, and I felt the same way about Harvard, which rejected me on my first UG application cycle. There was no replay for law school.

joshikousei

Postby joshikousei » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:02 am

Last edited by joshikousei on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

catwoman

Postby catwoman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:58 am

apparently yale has called on saturdays and sundays before so.... :mrgreen:[/quote]

+1, and it calls even if you're abroad[/quote]

Are you guys serious? Really? Sunday? :shock:[/quote]

yep. came on a sunday. while i was flying over the pacific.[/quote]

Ok Yale, admit someone already! It's morning in your part of the world :)

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 am

AHHH YALE'S NEWEST TWEET:

"admitting our first students for next fall. keep your phones handy!"

http://www.law.yale.edu/admissions/news.htm

catwoman

Postby catwoman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 am

I take it back! Stop, Yale, stop! Don't give me something concrete to freak out about!

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 am

This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?

ylc

Postby ylc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:48 am

ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?

Seriously, nothing yet? I didn't even apply to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 am

ylc wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?

Seriously, nothing yet? I didn't even apply to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.

+1 I can root for other TLSrs completely because I didnt apply.

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:53 am

Best wishes to everyone "patiently" staring at their phones! :mrgreen:

caved

Postby caved » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:53 am

Anyone feel like taking a guess at what the odds are that this first wave doesn't include anyone on TLS or LSN?

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:53 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
ylc wrote:

I don't want to be a total buzzkill, but I suspect that most of the early YLS admits are not the types to post on TLS (with all due respect). They're probably busy tying a tourniquet to an injured child in the Congo or having brunch with President Sarkozy right now or something.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 am

caved wrote:Anyone feel like taking a guess at what the odds are that this first wave doesn't include anyone on TLS or LSN?

Jinx!

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:55 am

ClemCarter wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
ylc wrote:

I don't want to be a total buzzkill, but I suspect that most of the early YLS admits are not the types to post on TLS (with all due respect). They're probably busy tying a tourniquet to an injured child in the Congo or having brunch with President Sarkozy right now or something.

Nahh. They can do both at the same time. They're omnipotent, silly.

roxj

Postby roxj » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:57 am

ClemCarter wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
ylc wrote:

+1. Damn you Yale and your ridiculous standards!

pulpfree

Postby pulpfree » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 pm

ylc wrote:

Seriously, nothing yet? I even applied to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.

This.

ylc

Postby ylc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 pm

pulpfree wrote:
ylc wrote:

Seriously, nothing yet? I even applied to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.

This.

Yes, but when I refresh the page, it's with this pleasant feeling of excitement and anticipation, rather than that doom-and-gloom dreadful feeling of horribleness that I'm sure many of you are experiencing :)

ad astra

Postby ad astra » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:08 pm

wow I am freaking out

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:11 pm

ad astra wrote:wow I am freaking out

me too.

Me. Too.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”