Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adameus

Re: Yale 2010

Postby adameus » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Here's hoping that some TLSers get calls today!

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:40 pm

"Crickets Crickets"

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Yep. I'm hardly surprised at this point.

See you all mid-April when WL's go out.

MeasuredOptimism

Postby MeasuredOptimism » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:58 pm

I know this thread likes to avoid the topic of "Yale," but...

Twitter: Call screening makes (203) sad. Maybe we'll just start skipping over the people who don't pick up. --LinkRemoved--

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:05 pm

MeasuredOptimism wrote:I know this thread likes to avoid the topic of "Yale," but...

Twitter: Call screening makes (203) sad. Maybe we'll just start skipping over the people who don't pick up. --LinkRemoved--

if you call me, asha, i pinky swear i'll pick up.

also, true story: the scene is set at 430 pm. owhlcn is dozing comfortably on her couch.

phone: *ring ring* (203 number) *ring ring*

owhlcn: :shock:

owhlcn: *frantic throat clearing* hello?

man on phone: hi, is this owhlcn?

owhlcn: speaking...

man on phone: hi owhlcn, this is craig...

!!!!!!!

man on phone: ... from comcast calling to tell you about our latest cable and internet package!

owhlcn: :(

hshee2010

Postby hshee2010 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:06 pm

MeasuredOptimism wrote:I know this thread likes to avoid the topic of "Yale," but...

Lol!? They really seem to like the fact that their tweets cause mass hysteria ...

I can't imagine someone screening a (203) during admissions season. I'm sure when it's my turn next cycle I'll answer every wrong-number-telemarketer-credit-card-company-automated-voice-call lol!

Lysis

Postby Lysis » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:13 pm

hshee2010 wrote:

Lol!? They really seem to like the fact that their tweets cause mass hysteria ...

I can't imagine someone screening a (203) during admissions season. I'm sure when it's my turn next cycle I'll answer every wrong-number-telemarketer-credit-card-company-automated-voice-call lol!

+1. They're clearly calling the wrong people...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:58 am

Look like Notanumber's got a green dot on LSN. Congrats!!! They did call the right person!

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:Look like Notanumber's got a green dot on LSN. Congrats!!! They did call the right person!

:D

Thanks!

Yeah, I got a phone call from 203 yesterday.

I was driving down the freeway and almost got into a car wreck when I saw the number on my phone. The phone call screening comment might have even been about me because I wasn't able to pick up the phone in between looking for an exit, calming myself down, and trying to not to crash the car. I pulled over and quickly returned Craig's call. He was incredibly nice on the phone.

Good luck to everybody still waiting! Without having IRL friends applying to law school to be neurotic with, TLS has been just about the only thing keeping me sane.

I submitted in the first week of January and I went complete the last week in January. If anybody wants to read my 250 or wants any more info I'm happy to provide that sort of thing over PM.

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Congrats Nota! :)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:00 pm

notanumber wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Look like Notanumber's got a green dot on LSN. Congrats!!! They did call the right person!

Thanks!

I was driving down the freeway and almost got into a car wreck when I saw the number on my phone. The phone call screening comment might have even been about me because I wasn't able to pick up the phone in between looking for an exit, calming myself down, and trying to not to crash the car. I pulled over and quickly returned Craig's call. He was incredibly nice on the phone.

Good luck to everybody still waiting! Without having IRL friends applying to law school to be neurotic with, TLS has been just about the only thing keeping me sane.

I submitted in the first week of January and I went complete the last week in January. If anybody wants to read my 250 or wants any more info I'm happy to provide that sort of thing over PM.

You made (203) sad, you must make it up to her, send some flowers and a gift cert to a spa! :)

I know what you mean about not having law school friends IRL. My friends and my prof. all think I should go for a Ph.D. in CS instead. TLS has been my friend.

So are you committed to attending?

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Congrats dude!

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:10 pm

r6_philly wrote:
notanumber wrote:

Thanks!

You made (203) sad, you must make it up to her, send some flowers and a gift cert to a spa! :)

I know what you mean about not having law school friends IRL. My friends and my prof. all think I should go for a Ph.D. in CS instead. TLS has been my friend.

So are you committed to attending?

I'm not 100% sure. I want to go into academia so it would be the sensible choice but the more I look at Harvard the more impressed I get. I've also never been to Boston or New Haven so I think I'll need to visit both schools before committing. Michigan also isn't totally out of the running - free law school would be quite appealing - but I suspect that my age and income will result in a pretty decent financial aid package from HY which will blunt some of the advantage.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:15 pm

congrats nota :D

also, i was *so* hoping for a sunday admissions tweet. le sigh.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Congrats, notanumber. Nice work. Maybe now you'll end your vicious anti-Stanford trolling.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:34 pm

crackberry wrote:Congrats, notanumber. Nice work.

Thanks! :D. Appreciate the well-wishes.

crackberry wrote:Maybe now you'll end your vicious anti-Stanford trolling.

Not gonna happen. Everybody in my family went to Cal or UCLA. Hating on Stanfurd (and USC) is in my blood!

(But seriously, Stanford is an awesome school)

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:39 pm

owhlcn wrote:congrats nota :D

also, i was *so* hoping for a sunday admissions tweet. le sigh.

You've still got time. It seems like there's only a weak correlation between submit date and the date of one's 203 call and I suspect that Yale still has a good number of admission decisions to make.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:42 pm

notanumber wrote:

Not gonna happen. Everybody in my family went to Cal or UCLA. Hating on Stanfurd (and USC) is in my blood!

Beta move.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Kronk wrote:
notanumber wrote:

Beta move.

I don't share your talents, Kronk.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:57 pm

notanumber wrote:Not gonna happen. Everybody in my family went to Cal or UCLA. Hating on Stanfurd (and USC) is in my blood!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-hatred

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:35 pm

notanumber wrote:

Thanks!

Congratulations, nota! Your profile on LSN looks exactly like what I think of when I try to imagine the perfect Yale applicant. To be honest, I'm surprised that you didn't get in sooner.

You're impressive. My only problem with you is that you make me feel rather pessimistic about my own chances. :)

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:11 pm

crackberry wrote:
notanumber wrote:Not gonna happen. Everybody in my family went to Cal or UCLA. Hating on Stanfurd (and USC) is in my blood!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-hatred

We all make mistakes. . .

(in the interest of full disclosure, Crack is referring to the fact that I spent some time at Stanford)

tenui

Postby tenui » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Congratulations to notanumber from this "browser" (not "lurker")!

Some readers may be wondering if in his conversation with you, Craig acknowledged that you had been addressed by name in an Ask Asha entry a few weeks ago?

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:38 pm

tenui wrote:Congratulations to notanumber from this "browser" (not "lurker")!

Some readers may be wondering if in his conversation with you, Craig acknowledged that you had been addressed by name in an Ask Asha entry a few weeks ago?

Nope.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:42 pm

It's funny how LSN and TLS only have juggernaut acceptances, in general, for Yale. Yet, we all sit here and think that we have a shot because our essays will win us favor in "holistic admissions."

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”