Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:11 pm

CardinalRules wrote:Just passing through to add my warmest congratulations to TomHobbes! :D What a great post too! :lol:

I know that you're still recovering from the news, but is Yale it for you, TH? Or do H and S still have a chance?


I'm still at Harvard's ASW, and I'll go back to the events tomorrow. And I feel like I should at least visit Stanford. And I will visit Yale. But right now, I'm 95% sure it's Yale.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Congrats new admits! I still think it's hilarious that Yale would deliberately call folks during Harvard's ASW :D

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tamlyric » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:28 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Okay, the most awesome and most ironic thing in the world just happened to me. [...] It's hard to believe.


Ha! That is wonderful news and maybe even a better story. Congratulations, TH! You deserve it. :mrgreen:

User avatar
clyde_barrow
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby clyde_barrow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:36 am

in. craig janecek ftw.
also at H's ASW. irony to the max.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 am

Wow, there was a veritable flood of TLS acceptances this weekend. I wonder if the relatively high number on here corresponds to a Yale-sized mini-wave overall?

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 am

crackberry wrote:Wow, there was a veritable flood of TLS acceptances this weekend. I wonder if the relatively high number on here corresponds to a Yale-sized mini-wave overall?

Asha & Co. had to snag the HLS admits while they were most vulnerable.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:13 am

crackberry wrote:Wow, there was a veritable flood of TLS acceptances this weekend. I wonder if the relatively high number on here corresponds to a Yale-sized mini-wave overall?


It's about time, no? :D

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:14 am

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:Wow, there was a veritable flood of TLS acceptances this weekend. I wonder if the relatively high number on here corresponds to a Yale-sized mini-wave overall?


It's about time, no? :D

I wish they'd waited another week or so.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:15 am

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:Wow, there was a veritable flood of TLS acceptances this weekend. I wonder if the relatively high number on here corresponds to a Yale-sized mini-wave overall?


It's about time, no? :D

I wish they'd waited another week or so.


What happens next week?

User avatar
Herb Watchfell
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:18 am

Asha Rangappa is a sexy beast.

She has Rubenstein by the balls.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:21 am

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:I wish they'd waited another week or so.


What happens next week?

A perfect storm of events, including the likely completion of my application.

poslhs
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:39 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby poslhs » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:33 am

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:I wish they'd waited another week or so.


What happens next week?

A perfect storm of events, including the likely completion of my application.


Could you be more specific?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:43 am

poslhs wrote:
crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:I wish they'd waited another week or so.


What happens next week?

A perfect storm of events, including the likely completion of my application.


Could you be more specific?

I was just being stupid. But I will probably go complete this week, so I was hoping there'd be no more decisions made until after that happens (not that I expect to get in).

User avatar
Herb Watchfell
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:50 am

Nightrunner wrote:Although I have absolutely no business in this thread, I am compelled to congratulate Mr. Herb Watchfell.


thank you! you're much too kind.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby GeePee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:26 am

After this weekend, I'm expecting my ding/waitlist/whatever letter any day now. Let's just get this cycle over with.

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 am

Congrats to all the admits! It's great to see some TLS folk finally get calls from 203. That was especially lightening-fast for you, TH. They must have really liked your application.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby BenJ » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:50 am

Nice little wave TLS had going. Congrats to all of you!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:20 pm

GeePee wrote:After this weekend, I'm expecting my ding/waitlist/whatever letter any day now. Let's just get this cycle over with.

Eh, I think TH was clearly an Asha-admit. He was only complete for like a week before being admitted. I don't know about clyde_barrow (who also completed the HYS sweep), but he got in really fast to both H and S, so he may have been Asha-admit as well. Chopsticks I know nothing about. I wouldn't give up yet. Who knows what's going on with faculty review.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Congrats everyone! Awesome news.

Yale requests paper report from LSAC right? How long does it take for your file to become complete after LSAC sends the paper report? I think it's getting way too late for me even by Yale standards.

User avatar
ConMan345
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby ConMan345 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:00 pm

r6_philly wrote:Congrats everyone! Awesome news.

Yale requests paper report from LSAC right? How long does it take for your file to become complete after LSAC sends the paper report? I think it's getting way too late for me even by Yale standards.


It took 15 days for me (from the time of receipt of electronic application to completion)

User avatar
Herb Watchfell
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 pm

GeePee wrote:After this weekend, I'm expecting my ding/waitlist/whatever letter any day now. Let's just get this cycle over with.


Ding Ding Ding

User avatar
clyde_barrow
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby clyde_barrow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:20 pm

crackberry wrote:Eh, I think TH was clearly an Asha-admit. He was only complete for like a week before being admitted. I don't know about clyde_barrow (who also completed the HYS sweep), but he got in really fast to both H and S, so he may have been Asha-admit as well. Chopsticks I know nothing about. I wouldn't give up yet. Who knows what's going on with faculty review.

i went complete a full month before TH. i have to imagine i was a FR-admit.
also, thanks for the congrats everyone. hope to see y'all at the ASW next month!!

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Unitas » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:Just passing through to add my warmest congratulations to TomHobbes! :D What a great post too! :lol:

I know that you're still recovering from the news, but is Yale it for you, TH? Or do H and S still have a chance?


I'm still at Harvard's ASW, and I'll go back to the events tomorrow. And I feel like I should at least visit Stanford. And I will visit Yale. But right now, I'm 95% sure it's Yale.


Congrats TH. Sorry for the delay, but I doubt you mind I didn't congratulate you the first day. Again though, Congratulations it is well deserved!!

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Peter North wrote:Congrats to the recent Y admits.

Quick question:

How the hell does Y even know that the recent string of acceptances relayed to the students are students at the H-ASW?!?! :? Well, aside from numbers and date of app submission, can Y (eg. through LSAC or otherwise) even know than a Y applicant had applied to H?

I think Yale assumes that a fair number of the students they accept have also been accepted by Harvard. A pretty safe assumption (granted, I'm not in that pool :D ).

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Peter North wrote:Congrats to the recent Y admits.

Quick question:

How the hell does Y even know that the recent string of acceptances relayed to the students are students at the H-ASW?!?! :? Well, aside from numbers and date of app submission, can Y (eg. through LSAC or otherwise) even know than a Y applicant had applied to H?

Because 70+ percent of the people at the HLS ASW are desperately hoping they get into Yale.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, Bing [Bot], blackpi, carlos_danger, cd1945, dala77, fortunecookie1, proteinshake, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., Tsubomi93 and 53 guests