Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BioEBear2010

Re: Yale 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:39 am

Haha good old Yale thread. Easily one of the most random collections of thoughts I've ever seen.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:44 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:Haha good old Yale thread. Easily one of the most random collections of thoughts I've ever seen.

ITT: random revelations, meaningless meditations, anxious anticipation (for everyone but you and me).

Except that I'm still anxiously anticipating something--anything??--in the mail from them.

BlankC

Postby BlankC » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:27 am

Complete yesterday.

Oh crap, oh damn. Here comes the axe. :!:

ivorynightfall

Postby ivorynightfall » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:36 am

about how long after we go complete should we expect a response? or is it just not easily predictable? (went complete 2/18, submitted early jan.) they do say they send out most decisions in feb, march, + april...

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 am

Last year, the remaining acceptances calls came in the middle of March (3/15), at the end of March (3/29-30), the biggest batch, and in mid-April (4/15). Rejections were scattered around but were probably mailed at around the same time and just reported on different days as the mail arrived.

BlankC

Postby BlankC » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:46 pm

BenJ wrote:Last year, the remaining acceptances calls came in the middle of March (3/15), at the end of March (3/29-30), the biggest batch, and in mid-April (4/15). Rejections were scattered around but were probably mailed at around the same time and just reported on different days as the mail arrived.

Nice to know, thanks.

unknownscholar

"Lies they tell about YLS"

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:30 am

dudester

Postby dudester » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:11 pm

YLS Twitter: Another Saturday, another round of offers. Nothing like receiving your YLS admission at the HLS ASW.

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:53 pm

dudester wrote:YLS Twitter: Another Saturday, another round of offers. Nothing like receiving your YLS admission at the HLS ASW.

hilarious. can't believe they actually said that.

learnedhand111

Postby learnedhand111 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Hello,

I spent a lot of time lurking about on this board about a year ago. I was waiting to hear from Yale at the time--and I didn't end up getting admitted until the very, very end of March. So don't lose hope! Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Also, if any of you have gotten in and want to ask questions (or if anyone is waiting and wants to ask questions), please go ahead. I'll check this page all day (I'm supposed to be working, but you know how that is).

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:07 pm

clyde_barrow wrote:
dudester wrote:YLS Twitter: Another Saturday, another round of offers. Nothing like receiving your YLS admission at the HLS ASW.

Dean Asha is amazing. And I don't just say that because she's reading this thread.

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:11 pm

BenJ wrote:
clyde_barrow wrote:

Dean Asha is amazing. And I don't just say that because she's reading this thread.

I couldn't agree more, and neither do I. 8)

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:37 pm

I WOULDN'T KNOW, WOULD I, DEAN RANGAPPA. WOULD I.

But seriously, I respect law schools that keep it real. Like NYU's Dean a couple days ago, when people asked him about the corporate law job market. He was like "basically, people are getting four offers instead of six. But you know, they were never making the decision between them based on anything significant anyway, so it doesn't really matter."

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:42 pm

tomhobbes wrote:I WOULDN'T KNOW, WOULD I, DEAN RANGAPPA. WOULD I.

No, Tom, you wouldn't.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:16 pm

So there was finally a new LSN acceptance yesterday after about 6-7 dead calling days. Is a new round of dings/waitlists imminent?

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Twitter: "Read. Admit. Repeat. More calls from (203)."

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:10 pm

tomhobbes wrote:

But seriously, I respect law schools that keep it real. Like NYU's Dean a couple days ago, when people asked him about the corporate law job market. He was like "basically, people are getting four offers instead of six. But you know, they were never making the decision between them based on anything significant anyway, so it doesn't really matter."

Okay, the most awesome and most ironic thing in the world just happened to me. I'm at the Harvard ASW. I had my phone on silent. I walked out of an excellent mock class and decided to check my phone to see what time it was. The moment I glanced at it, I saw I was receiving a call from a 203 phone number. I frowned, and some stupid part of my mind that didn't realize what was happening said "that's weird, does my phone normally display that?"

Then I answered it and Craig Janacek admitted me to Yale. In the course of the short conversation that followed, I made various incoherent exclamations and questioned his identity. I became convinced that he was in fact who he said he was and I was in fact admitted to Yale.

That was about an hour ago. Now, I've left the Harvard ASW early and I'm just sitting in my hotel room. There's a student organization fair going on right now, and afterwards they're all going out to dinner. That thing they said on twitter is right: there's nothing like receiving your YLS admission at the HLS ASW. I can't go to the rest of the events tonight, because literally the only thought running through my mind is that I got into Yale. I can't be around the other admitted students right now because the only thing I'm capable of doing at the moment is telling people that I got into Yale. I would end up making myself be the world's biggest douchebag if I interacted with other people right now.

It still feels like some cosmic prank. Two days ago I believed that I had only gotten into Harvard because of my numbers. I had just been waitlisted at Michigan, presumably for my lack of zing. I hadn't heard back from Stanford in nearly four months. I come from an unknown school in an unknown state. I had serious doubts about whether I could make my resume fill an entire page. Then I hear from Stanford two days ago, and now this. It's hard to believe.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:

Okay, the most awesome and most ironic thing in the world just happened to me. I'm at the Harvard ASW. I had my phone on silent. I walked out of an excellent mock class and decided to check my phone to see what time it was. The moment I glanced at it, I saw I was receiving a call from a 203 phone number. I frowned, and some stupid part of my mind that didn't realize what was happening said "that's weird, does my phone normally display that?"

Then I answered it and Craig Janacek admitted me to Yale. In the course of the short conversation that followed, I made various incoherent exclamations and questioned his identity. I became convinced that he was in fact who he said he was and I was in fact admitted to Yale.

That was about an hour ago. Now, I've left the Harvard ASW early and I'm just sitting in my hotel room. There's a student organization fair going on right now, and afterwards they're all going out to dinner. That thing they said on twitter is right: there's nothing like receiving your YLS admission at the HLS ASW. I can't go to the rest of the events tonight, because literally the only thought running through my mind is that I got into Yale. I can't be around the other admitted students right now because the only thing I'm capable of doing at the moment is telling people that I got into Yale. I would end up making myself be the world's biggest douchebag if I interacted with other people right now.

It still feels like some cosmic prank. Two days ago I believed that I had only gotten into Harvard because of my numbers. I had just been waitlisted at Michigan, presumably for my lack of zing. I hadn't heard back from Stanford in nearly four months. I come from an unknown school in an unknown state. I had serious doubts about whether I could make my resume fill an entire page. Then I hear from Stanford two days ago, and now this. It's hard to believe.

Congratulations!!!!!! thats amazing!

booboo

Postby booboo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm

From what I have read tomhobbes, all that is needed is sincere congratulations. :).

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Congrats, TH.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm

seriously TH that's fantastic. so many congratulations.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 pm

owhlcn wrote:seriously TH that's fantastic. so many congratulations.

Absolutely. Many, many congratulations TH!

chopsticks3092

Postby chopsticks3092 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:10 pm

That's an amazing story. Congrats, tomhobbes!

After lurking on this thread for a while, I also got the call from (203) yesterday! Craig laughed at me as I babbled incoherently for a while and then so much of the rest of what he said just didn't sink in. I can't believe I'm in!

PS: Yesterday's was the best Twitter update ever. A+
Last edited by chopsticks3092 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Thanks everyone! By the way, in case anyone wants this info:

Sent: 1/31
Received: 2/2
Complete: 2/23
Accepted: 3/7

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Just passing through to add my warmest congratulations to TomHobbes! :D What a great post too! :lol:

I know that you're still recovering from the news, but is Yale it for you, TH? Or do H and S still have a chance?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”