Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:24 am

CardinalRules wrote:I don't feel the need to censor myself more than usual in this thread; Asha seems like a sensible type who wouldn't be terribly concerned over something off-beat.

TBF, you're also already in. If I get in, I will let loose (not really, but we can all pretend).

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:24 am

It's 2:30 am. I guess Asha isn't going to be calling me today. :cry:

And Berkeley, for all its faults, isn't a junior university, unlike some schools I could mention.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:25 am

Meanwhile, my curiosity has been piqued by CB's "less-than-amiable" breakup. Try as I might, I just can't imagine him doing anything less than amiable.

Asha, please let in CB so he can let loose and entertain all of us. :wink:

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:26 am

crackberry wrote:Didn't we already determine she reads (or at least knows of) the USS: BP?

We did, yes. Her tolerance threshold must be high, indeed.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:28 am

notanumber wrote:It's 2:30 am. I guess Asha isn't going to be calling me today. :cry:

OTOH, if any school were to make calls at 2:30 am, it would be Yale.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 am

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:Didn't we already determine she reads (or at least knows of) the USS: BP?

We did, yes. Her tolerance threshold must be high, indeed.

She's former FBI. I'm sure that the worst we can sling is nothing compared to the terrorists and gun-runners that she's had to face-down in the past

Not that I've ever been in USS: BP. A thousand and some-odd pages is far too much for me.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 am

notanumber wrote:It's 2:30 am. I guess Asha isn't going to be calling me today. :cry:

And Berkeley, for all its faults, isn't a junior university, unlike some schools I could mention.

You. I forgot about you in my list of people who regularly post here. You've stepped up your game recently, too. Sorry 'bout that.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 am

I think she knows of it. My guess is that she just looked up Desert Fox on here when she saw his comment there and noticed that his last ~4000 posts were in some thread called the USS:BP. Or maybe she has a username and posts in there and we think she's gahthelaw or something.

The thing about the BP is that we add seriously 100 pages to it a day. Everything embarrassing we do--like picture sharing, etc--gets covered up pretty quickly, and even there I'm on decent behavior minus the occasional F-bomb for comedic purposes.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:30 am

Dignan wrote:

OTOH, if any school were to make calls at 2:30 am, it would be Yale.

Oh crap. Now I'm never going to get to sleep. Thanks.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:30 am

Kronk wrote:

I think she knows of it. My guess is that she just looked up Desert Fox on here when she saw his comment there and noticed that his last ~4000 posts were in some thread called the USS:BP. Or maybe she has a username and posts in there and we think she's gahthelaw or something.

The thing about the BP is that we add seriously 100 pages to it a day. Everything embarrassing we do--like picture sharing, etc--gets covered up pretty quickly, and even there I'm on decent behavior minus the occasional F-bomb for comedic purposes.

Is that how you've added ~3000 posts in a month?

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:31 am

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Graduation and a job that is only 35 hours a week with some downtime will get you pretty bored. Particularly if your girlfriend lives 1500 miles away, is extremely busy most of the time, and your best friends are in Ithaca and Berkeley.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:33 am

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Graduation and a job that is only 35 hours a week with some downtime will get you pretty bored. Particularly if your girlfriend lives 1500 miles away, is extremely busy most of the time, and your best friends are in Ithaca and Berkeley.

My gf currently lives 3,000 miles away. If she didn't, my posting frequency would be a fraction of what it is. Still, Kronk, I don't think I'm catching you anytime soon.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:34 am

Disproportionately high number of long distance relationships among the Yale 2010 regulars.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 am

crackberry wrote:Disproportionately high number of long distance relationships among the Yale 2010 regulars.

I was noticing this interesting trend; does it constitute a soft?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:37 am

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:Disproportionately high number of long distance relationships among the Yale 2010 regulars.

Boy, it should.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:38 am

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

Boy, it should.

I feel so thankful not to be in this category. :)

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:41 am

CardinalRules wrote:

I don't like where this is going. If I had to submit my relationship history to law schools, I think I would get dinged for having too many retakes.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:43 am

Dignan wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

I don't like where this is going. If I had to submit my relationship history to law schools, I think I would get dinged for having too many retakes.

They'd :lol: when they saw my "N/A" and admit me just for kicks.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:44 am

crackberry wrote:

You. I forgot about you in my list of people who regularly post here. You've stepped up your game recently, too. Sorry 'bout that.

Didn't find TLS until well after I took the LSATs and applied to law school. So I get all the drama and angst without any of the productive advice. Lovely.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:44 am

notanumber wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Didn't find TLS until well after I took the LSATs and applied to law school. So I get all the drama and angst without any of the productive advice. Lovely.

You're making a pretty big assumption there.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:47 am

I posted a few hundred times while I was studying for the LSAT and taking it. Then a few more in "What are my Chances?" Then once the cycle started I posted like 5-6 times a day.

Now that the silence for SLS, HLS, and YLS has driven me insane I definitely most 100+ a day.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:49 am

Dignan wrote:
notanumber wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Eh, before I found TLS I had no idea that my early January applications were "late." I thought I was totally on top of my game by getting things in an entire month before the deadline.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:52 am

Kronk wrote:I posted a few hundred times while I was studying for the LSAT and taking it. Then a few more in "What are my Chances?" Then once the cycle started I posted like 5-6 times a day.

Now that the silence for SLS, HLS, and YLS has driven me insane I definitely most 100+ a day.

Only super cool people post on internet message boards 100+ times per day. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, Kronk.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:54 am

notanumber wrote:
Dignan wrote:
notanumber wrote:Didn't find TLS until well after I took the LSATs and applied to law school. So I get all the drama and angst without any of the productive advice. Lovely.

Eh, before I found TLS I had no idea that my early January applications were "late." I thought I was totally on top of my game by getting things in an entire month before the deadline.

I was half-joking. There is definitely useful advice on here. Even at this stage, you'll find the occasional useful/informative post in the "Choosing a Law School" forum. But the signal to noise ratio on TLS is usually pretty low.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:54 am

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:I posted a few hundred times while I was studying for the LSAT and taking it. Then a few more in "What are my Chances?" Then once the cycle started I posted like 5-6 times a day.

Only super cool people post on internet message boards 100+ times per day. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, Kronk.

tbf I've seen all of the girls in the USS:BP (and a bunch of us are meeting in NYC on Friday) and there is not a single unattractive one. They probably post 100+ times per day. Definitely not dorks. calicocat, gahthelaw, and Holly Golightly are like 9/10s. boo jersey shore is a dude and an MMA fighter. The girls seem to like Helmholtz too but I'm still pretty sure he's a square.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”