Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:14 pm

BenJ wrote:Nothing on LSN. I figure they call maybe 5-10 people in a day at most until the big batches of decisions as faculty review ends, so TLS and LSN combined may miss an entire day of calls.

My phone is free, though, Asha. Don't be shy about calling.

As far as I remember, TLS has missed at least the last two days of calls. Maybe more.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm

People who go THERE don't post HERE. At least not 4100 times.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:18 pm

We're still at 18 acceptances on LSN, with two apparent withdrawals.

I'm still a little incredulous that the IndianDude profile is legit, but there's so much on there so maybe it is.

34 acceptances for Stanford.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Quick Q: how long does it take for apps to go complete?

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:Quick Q: how long does it take for apps to go complete?

Took me a month and change.
Kronk wrote:People who go THERE don't post HERE. At least not 4100 times.

Well Kronk, just restrain yourself to only writing 19 more posts and you'll be a-ok.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:10 pm

I got the good news today!

Application complete!

To provide more useful information, in case anyone is wondering, it took my file about three weeks after submission to go complete.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Calls seem like they generally come in right around now. I was hopeful that the use of the word "batch" maybe meant that they'd be calling more than 2-3 people today... but then again, they could just not be calling anyone on TLS.

The Dan

Postby The Dan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:36 pm

tomhobbes wrote:I got the good news today!

Application complete!

To provide more useful information, in case anyone is wondering, it took my file about three weeks after submission to go complete.

I'm getting concerned. It's been four weeks for me.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks for the info :)

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm tempted to write 2,091 more posts, just to prove you wrong. :P

People are withdrawing from Yale already? Wow.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:57 pm

CardinalRules wrote:

That IndianDude profile, like I said earlier, appears fake. If it is in fact real, he is apparently dead set on the Bay Area as the only schools he is listed as not withdrawn from are Stanford, Berkeley and Columbia, and he says he is only still in at Columbia to attempt to negotiate aid at Stanford and Berkeley with his Hamilton.

The other withdrawal has withdrawn from every school not located in NYC.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm

crackberry wrote:
That IndianDude profile, like I said earlier, appears fake. If it is in fact real, he is apparently dead set on the Bay Area as the only schools he is listed as not withdrawn from are Stanford, Berkeley and Columbia, and he says he is only still in at Columbia to attempt to negotiate aid at Stanford and Berkeley with his Hamilton.

I'm surprised about the NYC withdrawal; New Haven isn't very far from there. Regarding the other guy, good luck with using the Hamilton to leverage aid. I tried and failed.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

That IndianDude profile, like I said earlier, appears fake. If it is in fact real,

I have a vague recollection of someone confirming this guy's authenticity on TLS. I think someone was a classmate of his at Cornell. I can't find the post, but I remember being persuaded that the guy is real.
Last edited by Dignan on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Dignan wrote:
crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

That IndianDude profile, like I said earlier, appears fake. If it is in fact real,

I have a vague recollection of someone confirming this guy's authenticity on TLS. I think someone was a classmate of his at Cornell. I can't find the post, but I remember being persuaded that the guy is real.

+1. Believe it or not, he is for real.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Dignan wrote:
crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

Yeah fair enough. I said in an earlier post that there was enough info that it could be real, but some of his comments are super weird. A collection:

Admitted to Berkeley via phone call. This is the place I want to be. I will see what they offer in terms of scholarships. All the other applications are just a formality. I don't really care about HYS bull crap. I can't stand cold weather.

Somewhat reasonable, I guess. Pretty strange though. Not to mention that the "S" in HYS has the same weather as paradise (Berkeley).

Received a big fat purple envelope from NYU. I guess they are hoping your decision to attend their school will be decided by the envelope. Anyone want my slot? I have no interest in attending this university.

Why apply then?

Where the hell are all the other smart Indians? Damn!

Hmm.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:10 pm

They're no odder or more off-putting than some of the old-managamy comments, just in a different way. He's probably an insecure guy who is trying to appear uber-cool.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

The other withdrawal has withdrawn from every school not located in NYC.

Who's the other withdrawal?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:11 pm

CardinalRules wrote:They're no odder or more off-putting than some of the old-managamy comments, just in a different way. He's probably an insecure guy who is trying to appear uber-cool.

Except he withdrew from schools almost immediately :wink:

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:12 pm

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:13 pm

IndianDude is definitely interesting. His posts on my LSN were quite humorous.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:59 pm

I bet Asha just posts those twitter feeds to harass us. There probably weren't any real decisions made out of the office today. The conversation at Yale admissions probably went something like this:

Asha (bored as she reads the 3,000th application from an overachiever who thinks s/he's a super-special snowflake): "Hey guys, want to see something hilarious? Watch what happens to these neurotic fools on TLS when I post onto the Yale twitter account."

Other Yale Employees: "These idiots actually think they're going to get into Yale? Watching this unfold is like a realtime failblog!*"

Or perhaps they make it a sport:

Random Yale Employee: "Hey Asha" (the conversation goes) "I'll bet you $20 that crackberry relays info about the twitter first, that kid is always online."

Asha: "Game on, sucker!"

* Well, they're Yale law employees, so they probably say something more along the lines of "watching this unfold reminds me of the battle of Sedan when general Marguerite actually thought he had a chance of routing the Prussian forces in his ill-fated charge at Floing. Hilarious!"

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Touche.

T14_Scholly

Postby T14_Scholly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 am

notanumber wrote:
* Well, they're Yale law employees, so they probably say something more along the lines of "watching this unfold reminds me of the battle of Sedan when general Marguerite actually thought he had a chance of routing the Prussian forces in his ill-fated charge at Floing. Hilarious!"

Dude, don't make fun of Yale law employees. Also, your avatar promotes violence. Guess you won't be getting that acceptance.

goober88

Postby goober88 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm

notanumber wrote:I bet Asha just posts those twitter feeds to harass us. There probably weren't any real decisions made out of the office today. The conversation at Yale admissions probably went something like this:

Asha (bored as she reads the 3,000th application from an overachiever who thinks s/he's a super-special snowflake): "Hey guys, want to see something hilarious? Watch what happens to these neurotic fools on TLS when I post onto the Yale twitter account."

Other Yale Employees: "These idiots actually think they're going to get into Yale? Watching this unfold is like a realtime failblog!*"

Or perhaps they make it a sport:

Random Yale Employee: "Hey Asha" (the conversation goes) "I'll bet you $20 that crackberry relays info about the twitter first, that kid is always online."

Asha: "Game on, sucker!"

Just in case notanumber is right,

Twitter: ylsadmissions:(203) is making calls to cheer up your hump day.

This is only my second post, no way anyone (even at Yale) saw that coming..........

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:Also, your avatar promotes violence. Guess you won't be getting that acceptance.

I normally make it a practice not to respond to internet trolls, but it's important to clarify a point here.

John Drake (my avatar), unlike James Bond, almost never used a gun. He also seldom killed the "bad guys." When violence is used on the show it is rarely valorized and often leads to unfortunate consequences. Indeed, Danger Man does a far better job exploring the moral ambiguity of the Cold War than almost any other contemporaneous television show.

This moral ambiguity and disdain for violence shoots through the roof once John Drake gets sent to The Village and became prisoner No. 6.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”