Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ConMan345

Re: Yale 2010

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 am

Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:I hate to confirm a stereotype, but I know absolutely nothing about sports. I tend to be good at all of the Trivial Pursuit subjects outside of that one.

I do know that Jai alai has the highest ball speeds of any sport and is illegal in the US!

:mrgreen: ?

There are a number of jai alai clubs on the east coast, esp. in Miami.

If your only weakness in trivial pursuit is sports, our SLS trivia team will be pretty solid (if, you know, you can turn down HLS).

Perhaps, though I was consistently put to shame by my national-quiz-bowl-champion, college-jeopardy-winning, saturday-nytimes-crossword-puzzle-in-30-minutes-solving, phd-in-musicology-at-princeton-getting friend from ugrad. Doing the crossword with him was an exercise in head nodding and "ah, ya, that works." Seriously, he would solve 5-10 words at once then write them all down.

But yes, no one around wants to do trivia with me, so SLS trivia team would kickass.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:06 am

Kretzy wrote:
TheWire wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
TheWire wrote:I'm really good at NBA trivia...in fact, I'm pretty good at NBA predictions as well.

Unfortunately for Kronk, I guarantee that Denver will not make it past the Western Conference Finals this year.

Whoa, you've got multiple Coloradans in this thread, and you've never seen anger like a homo sports fan scorned.

LOL...I'm laughing for multiple reasons--but most of all for thinking that I am scorning...not the case my friend. I'm simply informing you of this fact so as to not get your hopes up. I'm sure the anger of being scorned is minimal in comparison to the anger elicited from being swept by the Lakers.

Honestly, can you even root for the Nuggests? I mean Denver really put together the least respectable group of players I've ever seen assembled. You have Kenyon Martin who needed a permanent reminder of a kiss on his neck, the drug addict (and I don't mean the more benevolent drugs either), and JR Smith who surely possesses one of the lower IQ's in the entire NBA (which is saying something). I mean, even Carmelo isn't really a likeable superstar. This is all without considering the Allen Iverson was one of your star players last year. Mr. Big Shot is honestly the only professional on the entire team; I suppose he is also the reason why a basketball fan can even have a minute resemblance of respect for the overall franchise.

PS. I would have been much more critical if I didn't feel so bad for George Karl and his cancer diagnosis

Yeah, you've only got guys who have to head to our state in order to rape our women.

Edited for speculation in what could be an overly sensitive topic...suffice it to say that the Nuggets will get destroyed by the Lakers but that in comparison to most other teams in the NBA, they are quite talented.
Last edited by TheWire on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 am

Kretzy wrote:
TheWire wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
TheWire wrote:I'm really good at NBA trivia...in fact, I'm pretty good at NBA predictions as well.

Unfortunately for Kronk, I guarantee that Denver will not make it past the Western Conference Finals this year.

Whoa, you've got multiple Coloradans in this thread, and you've never seen anger like a homo sports fan scorned.

LOL...I'm laughing for multiple reasons--but most of all for thinking that I am scorning...not the case my friend. I'm simply informing you of this fact so as to not get your hopes up. I'm sure the anger of being scorned is minimal in comparison to the anger elicited from being swept by the Lakers.

Honestly, can you even root for the Nuggests? I mean Denver really put together the least respectable group of players I've ever seen assembled. You have Kenyon Martin who needed a permanent reminder of a kiss on his neck, the drug addict (and I don't mean the more benevolent drugs either), and JR Smith who surely possesses one of the lower IQ's in the entire NBA (which is saying something). I mean, even Carmelo isn't really a likeable superstar. This is all without considering the Allen Iverson was one of your star players last year. Mr. Big Shot is honestly the only professional on the entire team; I suppose he is also the reason why a basketball fan can even have a minute resemblance of respect for the overall franchise.

PS. I would have been much more critical if I didn't feel so bad for George Karl and his cancer diagnosis

Edited before victim-blaming happens. Folks do drop cases who have legitimately been sexually-assaulted. I'll leave it there.

I will say, though, the fact that a starter on the Nuggets grew up playing for Denver East High School, hoping to play for the Nuggets, makes me feel good. They do a lot for the inner-city community in Denver, and give a lot back to the community (particularly homeless youth) in Denver.
Last edited by Kretzy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:08 am

Kretzy wrote:
Yeah, you've only got guys who have to head to our state in order to rape the women of Eagle County.

Excellent riposte.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:14 am

The Rose & Crown in Palo Alto has a decent Trivia Night every Tuesday.

My strong subjects: history, politics, geography and sports.

Weaknesses: opera, the Bible, music, pop culture.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 am

crackberry wrote:The Rose & Crown in Palo Alto has a decent Trivia Night every Tuesday.

Your strong points are very similar to mine, so we wouldn't make a particularly good team. How is opera different from music?

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:17 am

crackberry wrote:The Rose & Crown in Palo Alto has a decent Trivia Night every Tuesday.

A question on the (major) non-synoptic gospel cost us first place tonight. Damn fundie Colorado Springs...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:17 am

hmm if we get in I think this is going to be a main past time.

I am good any most things except literature and European history. I was going to try for college jeopardy but my family laughed me out of it because they think I should do regular grown up jeopardy lol

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 am

r6_philly wrote:hmm if we get in I think this is going to be a main past time.

I am good any most things except literature and European history. I was going to try for college jeopardy but my family laughed me out of it because they think I should do regular grown up jeopardy lol

I would love to do Jeopardy!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:20 am

CardinalRules wrote:

I am going to have to put it on the bucket list.

I am even better at Wheel of Fortune however.

booby87

Postby booby87 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:32 am

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 am

booby87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

I am going to have to put it on the bucket list.

I am even better at Wheel of Fortune however.

Jeopardy was intense tonight. Anybody watch it? Old lady comes from behind in final Jeopardy to own the two dueling it out the entire show...

anyways last year, according to LSN, Yale sent big batches of rejections about the same time every month (the 15th-20th). If they continue the pattern this year, another batch should come out late this week/early next week-about a month after the first batch that came in around the 1st... :|

The 15th-20th was last week.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:34 am

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they will process all the apps sent before the deadline then decide how to allocate their acceptances. I hope everyone here makes the cut ...

I don't get to watch Jeopardy because I have class til late. But I guess I should DVR it.

booby87

Postby booby87 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:35 am

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:37 am

booby87 wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
The 15th-20th was last week.

I meant the pattern where they send out big batches about a month apart. The first batch came out the end of Jan/beginning of Feb so if they did the same thing again this year they should come out end of Feb/beginning of March.

Got it. It'll be interesting to see if the trend continues.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 am

If I owned LSN I would write more queries for more reports. There are quite a few interesting reports I can build now if I had access to the data.

booby87

Postby booby87 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:42 am

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 am

time elapsed accept v. rejections graph
time to stages (submit/complete/review/hold/admit/reject) graph
cross referenced with GPA and/or LSAT graph for both above

more

and I would add last updated to the watch list.

I could do these things rather quickly. Maybe I should build a site for next cycle? lol I like building new sites.

booby87

Postby booby87 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 am

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 pm

"A fresh round of offers today from your friends in (203)."
-ylsadmissions twitter

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Kretzy wrote:

A question on the (major) non-synoptic gospel cost us first place tonight. Damn fundie Colorado Springs...

Damn, I took a really rigorous seminar on the Bible...probably could have gotten that... :P

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 pm

clyde_barrow wrote:"A fresh round of offers today from your friends in (203)."
-ylsadmissions twitter

I'm not even complete yet, but some part of me is still anxiously waiting for that call. The other part's eating pizza though, so I'm good.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Yale is conspiring against us.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Oh crap. I should never have checked online. There goes my productivity for the next hour or so. . .

Any TLS folk get the call?

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Nothing on LSN. I figure they call maybe 5-10 people at most in a day until the big batches of decisions as faculty review ends, so TLS and LSN combined may miss an entire day of calls.

My phone is free, though, Asha. Don't be shy about calling. I won't answer because I'm in the library, but you'll still get to hear my lovely voicemail.
Last edited by BenJ on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”