Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:19 am

crackberry wrote:Neither Yale nor Stanford has accepted anyone in almost two weeks. Longer for Stanford, I think.

I think that it's the calm before the storm, at least in Stanford's case. Yale defies predictions. There haven't even been many dings for a while.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:41 am

TheWire wrote:So, if you haven't gone complete yet, there is nothing to worry about...but if I get a completion e-mail without the LOR being received yet, then it wouldn't be poor etiquette to call and ask them to hold the file for the LOR?

I know I may have summarized what you just said but I just don't want to disappoint Asha...she has become the big sister that I always wished I had. I mean, c'mon, wouldn't it be pretty damn cool if your older sister was a FBI-agent turned Yale associate dean?

well I thought about it a little more, if I were you, and I feel that the LOR is going to be that amazing, I would just go ahead and call/email and request them to wait for the LOR. Then have your Prof. send it directly to Yale. Looks like everything that goes to Yale goes by paper, so you would have to wait until your prof. send it to LSAC, wait for LSAC to process it, then have to wait for LSAC to send to Yale, the finally wait for Yale to process it. Sounds like a long time ...

On the FBI thing, Asha is very cool then. I only knew one FBI special agent, and I met him after calling the FBI hotline to report a computer intrusion. I worked with him and the field office to figure out who did it, and they prosecuted her. I thought it was very cool to have been involved in the whole process from discovery to the arrest. Then a couple years later, I signed up for a cyber crime criminal justice class at my UG, and in walk the professor - the FBI agent I worked with! So it was very cool, he discussed my case in class. Maybe I should have put that in my application somehow! Only if I knew :) I wonder what her specialty was.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:00 am

Can someone elaborate on "the FBI thing?"

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 am

^^^ sounds pretty legit. It's also pretty scary; it makes you wonder what kind of background check Yale has access to.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 am

CardinalRules wrote:Can someone elaborate on "the FBI thing?"

Asha worked for the FBI before working for YLS.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:06 am

TheWire wrote:^^^ sounds pretty legit. It's also pretty scary; it makes you wonder what kind of background check Yale has access to.

Got some skeletons in your closet, do you? :P

So do I, but it didn't bother them, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Somehow the FBI thing isn't terribly surprising, considering her unusual habit of monitoring this thread. If I were her, I would have stayed with that job, though.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:16 am

CardinalRules wrote:
TheWire wrote:^^^ sounds pretty legit. It's also pretty scary; it makes you wonder what kind of background check Yale has access to.

Somehow the FBI thing isn't terribly surprising, considering her unusual habit of monitoring this thread. If I were her, I would have stayed with that job, though.

I mean, I don't want her to be too turned off by my ridiculously good looks remember? She might look at the long history of broken-hearts that I've induced as problematic to building a class with strong camaraderie. Anyways, I hope she doesn't count it against me

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:19 am

TheWire wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:

I mean, I don't want her to be too turned off by my ridiculously good looks remember? She might look at the long history of broken-hearts that I've induced as problematic to building a class with strong camaraderie. Anyways, I hope she doesn't count it against me

Haha, you just explained why they took me. :wink:

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:35 am

Jesus, I go play pub trivia for 3 hours and this thread happens...

BTW, for the folks actually headed to Yale, Anna Liffey's (about 5 blocks from the LS) has a terrific pub trivia night. One of the more difficult one's I've seen, but tons of fun.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:36 am

Kretzy wrote:Jesus, I go play pub trivia for 3 hours and this thread happens...

BTW, for the folks actually headed to Yale, Anna Liffey's (about 5 blocks from the LS) has a terrific pub trivia night. One of the more difficult one's I've seen, but tons of fun.

I love trivia! I've never done bar trivia, other than a pop-culture themed one hosted by drag queens in the castro...

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 am

Thanks, I will let my Yale sister know. Wait, are you currently in New Haven?

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:38 am

ConMan345 wrote:

I love trivia! I've never done bar trivia, other than a pop-culture themed one hosted by drag queens in the castro...

Haha, the Drag Queens in Denver only run bingo (which I won for the very first time last Wednesday). I'll be looking for trivia buffs in San Fran next year...

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 am

Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

Haha, the Drag Queens in Denver only run bingo (which I won for the very first time last Wednesday). I'll be looking for trivia buffs in San Fran next year...

I'm good at trivia but not the pop culture sort.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:44 am

CardinalRules wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

I'm good at trivia but not the pop culture sort.

Pop culture, sports, geography and gay things are my strong points. Beyond that, I need help...

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:48 am

Kretzy wrote:Pop culture, sports, geography and gay things are my strong points. Beyond that, I need help...

I'm good at history, literature, film, geography, and some sports.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 am

I'm really good at NBA trivia...in fact, I'm pretty good at NBA predictions as well.

Unfortunately for Kronk, I guarantee that Denver will not make it past the Western Conference Finals this year.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:53 am

TheWire wrote:I'm really good at NBA trivia...in fact, I'm pretty good at NBA predictions as well.

Unfortunately for Kronk, I guarantee that Denver will not make it past the Western Conference Finals this year.

Whoa, you've got multiple Coloradans in this thread, and you've never seen anger like a homo sports fan scorned.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:54 am

Pub trivia is the way to go. You should all come to Berkeley and enjoy trivia nights at Beckett's and Bear's Lair. Berkeley crushes Palo Alto.

Also, Denver is my second favorite NBA team (behind the Lake Show). They are pretty darn fun to watch.

Back on topic -- which New Haven housing region is the best for the youngsters fresh out of college? There were too many cool options in the binder.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:55 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:
Back on topic -- which New Haven housing region is the best for the youngsters fresh out of college? There were too many cool options in the binder.

Whoa, whoa, take that admitted student stuff somewhere else. This thread is strictly for worrying, speculating, complaining, and talking about random stuff.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:56 am

I hate to confirm a stereotype, but I know absolutely nothing about sports. I tend to be good at all of the Trivial Pursuit subjects outside of that one.

I do know that Jai alai has the highest ball speeds of any sport and is illegal in the US!

:mrgreen: ?

Edit: wikipedia has proven the ball speed thing wrong---stereotype further confirmed.
Last edited by ConMan345 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:57 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:

Pub trivia is the way to go. You should all come to Berkeley and enjoy trivia nights at Beckett's and Bear's Lair. Berkeley crushes Palo Alto.

Also, Denver is my second favorite NBA team (behind the Lake Show). They are pretty darn fun to watch.

LOL, the famous binder that I haven't received after a month. The suspense is building. :wink:

I'm not an NBA fan, but I imagine the tension around here will augment considerably in the next few weeks. :)

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:58 am

ConMan345 wrote:I hate to confirm a stereotype, but I know absolutely nothing about sports. I tend to be good at all of the Trivial Pursuit subjects outside of that one.

I do know that Jai alai has the highest ball speeds of any sport and is illegal in the US!

:mrgreen: ?

There are a number of jai alai clubs on the east coast, esp. in Miami.

If your only weakness in trivial pursuit is sports, our SLS trivia team will be pretty solid (if, you know, you can turn down HLS).

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:58 am

I'm pretty strong on tennis trivia, as many of you probably suspect. If I could play the Schwab on strictly tennis topics, I think that I could stump him.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:02 am

Kretzy wrote:
TheWire wrote:I'm really good at NBA trivia...in fact, I'm pretty good at NBA predictions as well.

Whoa, you've got multiple Coloradans in this thread, and you've never seen anger like a homo sports fan scorned.

Edit: LOL...BOoO Nuggets
Last edited by TheWire on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 am

TheWire wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

LOL...I'm laughing for multiple reasons--but most of all for thinking that I am scorning...not the case my friend. I'm simply informing you of this fact so as to not get your hopes up. I'm sure the anger of being scorned is minimal in comparison to the anger elicited from being swept by the Lakers.

Honestly, can you even root for the Nuggests? I mean Denver really put together the least respectable group of players I've ever seen assembled. You have Kenyon Martin who needed a permanent reminder of a kiss on his neck, the drug addict (and I don't mean the more benevolent drugs either), and JR Smith who surely possesses one of the lower IQ's in the entire NBA (which is saying something). I mean, even Carmelo isn't really a likeable superstar. This is all without considering the Allen Iverson was one of your star players last year. Mr. Big Shot is honestly the only professional on the entire team; I suppose he is also the reason why a basketball fan can even have a minute resemblance of respect for the overall franchise.

PS. I would have been much more critical if I didn't feel so bad for George Karl and his cancer diagnosis

---edited.
Last edited by Kretzy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”