Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tomhobbes

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 pm

crackberry wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
crackberry wrote:This thread has taken a turn for the worse.

Did someone say something about never been with a girlfriend???

Yes, TH said that, but he's wrong; my girlfriend just hates movies.

You're a lucky man.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:24 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
crackberry wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

You're a lucky man.

Depends on what kind of movies, not every girl likes romantic movies... It is probably a good idea to stay away from girls who love romantic movies because you will never be romantic enough in comparision to the guys in the movies.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:25 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
crackberry wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

You're a lucky man.

I dunno about that...One of the reasons I love of my gf so much is because I can please her with a trip to blockbuster and the nearest candy aisle...low maintenance all the way

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 pm

TheWire wrote:
I dunno about that...One of the reasons I love of my gf so much is because I can please her with a trip to blockbuster and the nearest candy aisle...low maintenance all the way

This may become a problem for you some years down the road... in so many ways

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:29 pm

r6_philly wrote:
TheWire wrote:

This may become a problem for you some years down the road... in so many ways

the post that crack had was correct...as much as I love the girl, I need to be freed before law school...

...and there, I will move on from the go-to blockbuster trick

...and LOL at the candy aisle...whole foods maybe in the future...

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Just didn't really think it was my place to talk about your personal life.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 pm

crackberry wrote:Just didn't really think it was my place to talk about your personal life.

and I appreciate that...fortunately, you were just affirming what I've previously posted.

teach12

Postby teach12 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Quick question - How long did you wait after submitting your Yale app before getting an email to confirm that it was "recevied" or "complete"?

Sent mine 2/12 and have nothing so far. Is this normal?

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 pm

teach12 wrote:Quick question - How long did you wait after submitting your Yale app before getting an email to confirm that it was "recevied" or "complete"?

I sent mine in the 15th and have heard back already...

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 pm

TheWire wrote:
teach12 wrote:Quick question - How long did you wait after submitting your Yale app before getting an email to confirm that it was "recevied" or "complete"?

On the other hand, Yale was the last school to notify me of all those to which I applied (and I sent all of my applications at the same time).

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
TheWire wrote:

On the other hand, Yale was the last school to notify me of all those to which I applied (and I sent all of my applications at the same time).

They were just trying to ruffle your feathers...they wouldn't want to lose you to your alma mater by showing an eagerness to respond quicker than they did :wink:

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:17 pm

TheWire wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
TheWire wrote:

They were just trying to ruffle your feathers...they wouldn't want to lose you to your alma mater by showing an eagerness to respond quicker than they did :wink:

I figured that it was too crappy for them to consider it worth acknowledging until they finished with the cool kids.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:32 pm

I got my "received" email the morning after I submitted (at night).

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:38 pm

r6_philly wrote:

No. That wasn't a received email. That was a "we know you submitted but we get paper apps so we'll let you know when you're complete" email. The Wire - is this the same email you got?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:46 pm

crackberry wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

No. That wasn't a received email. That was a "we know you submitted but we get paper apps so we'll let you know when you're complete" email. The Wire - is this the same email you got?

Well I meant they received the information that I have submitted an application through LSAC. The next email that I should receive is when my application is complete (based on information in that email). The wording in the email indicate that we will not receive an email confirmation when our application materials get to Yale, only when the file is complete with the LSDAS report.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 pm

r6_philly wrote:Well I meant they received the information that I have submitted an application through LSAC. The next email that I should receive is when my application is complete (based on information in that email). The wording in the email indicate that we will not receive an email confirmation when our application materials get to Yale, only when the file is complete with the LSDAS report.

Right. Apparently it's about 2 weeks from submission to complete.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:52 pm

crackberry wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

yes, I guess we should just clear up the matter. This is the e-mail I received the day after applying:

Dear TheWire,
We have received notification from LSAC that you have submitted an application to Yale Law School. We should receive your application from LSAC within one business week. Please be aware that this is a period of peak application volume for Yale Law School and for LSAC. It may take several weeks to fully process and complete your application.

We will contact you by email when your application is complete and ready for review. In the meantime, you can learn more about the Law School and the admissions process by visiting our Admissions Blog at http://www.law.yale.edu/203blog. You may also be interested in our Student Perspectives Blog, at http://www.law.yale.edu/studentperspectives, which offers a glimpse of the various aspects of student life at Yale.

We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Yale Law School.

Yale Law School Office of Admissions
http://www.law.yale.edu/admissions

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Does it look like Yale's LSN data is pretty much dead? This thread is pretty dead. Are there only like 20 people on here that applied to Yale, or everyone got scared off? I suppose there is no point for us to hide lol

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 pm

on a different topic, I have a LOR from an outstanding professor (probably the most prominent individual in his field in the world) coming in sometime in the near future. That is, It hasn't been sent to LSAC yet but will be (hopefully) this week. I'm slightly concerned that by the time I forward that letter, my file may already be out for review and thus will remain in the office. Does anyone have any opinions on how to approach this--Asha scared the bejeezus out of me with respect to calling so I'm currently planning on just letting the process ride out...

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:Does it look like Yale's LSN data is pretty much dead? This thread is pretty dead. Are there only like 20 people on here that applied to Yale, or everyone got scared off? I suppose there is no point for us to hide lol

They haven't posted on Twitter for 10 days, so I gather that they're at a bit of a lull in the process right now. Maybe Asha is busy with handwritten notes.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:00 am

I'm still waiting for anything at all in the mail from them after a month. It's good that I stored the caller ID on my phone, so I can look back and remind myself that it happened.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:03 am

TheWire wrote:on a different topic, I have a LOR from an outstanding professor (probably the most prominent individual in his field in the world) coming in sometime in the near future. That is, It hasn't been sent to LSAC yet but will be (hopefully) this week. I'm slightly concerned that by the time I forward that letter, my file may already be out for review and thus will remain in the office. Does anyone have any opinions on how to approach this--Asha scared the bejeezus out of me with respect to calling so I'm currently planning on just letting the process ride out...

I think if you want them to hold your file until they get the LOR then you can ask them. If you can get the prof. to send the LOR directly to Yale then it will probably get there before your file get to review. Maybe you can just wait and see if you get a complete email. If they get to your file before the LOR you can call and request a wait/hold, if not then your LOR will get there before you go complete.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 am

r6_philly wrote:
TheWire wrote:on a different topic, I have a LOR from an outstanding professor (probably the most prominent individual in his field in the world) coming in sometime in the near future. That is, It hasn't been sent to LSAC yet but will be (hopefully) this week. I'm slightly concerned that by the time I forward that letter, my file may already be out for review and thus will remain in the office. Does anyone have any opinions on how to approach this--Asha scared the bejeezus out of me with respect to calling so I'm currently planning on just letting the process ride out...

I think if you want them to hold your file until they get the LOR then you can ask them. If you can get the prof. to send the LOR directly to Yale then it will probably get there before your file get to review. Maybe you can just wait and see if you get a complete email. If they get to your file before the LOR you can call and request a wait/hold, if not then your LOR will get there before you go complete.

So, if you haven't gone complete yet, there is nothing to worry about...but if I get a completion e-mail without the LOR being received yet, then it wouldn't be poor etiquette to call and ask them to hold the file for the LOR?

I know I may have summarized what you just said but I just don't want to disappoint Asha...she has become the big sister that I always wished I had. I mean, c'mon, wouldn't it be pretty damn cool if your older sister was a FBI-agent turned Yale associate dean?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 am

Neither Yale nor Stanford has accepted anyone in almost two weeks. Longer for Stanford, I think.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:14 am

crackberry wrote:Neither Yale nor Stanford has accepted anyone in almost two weeks. Longer for Stanford, I think.

+1 for truthfulness, and -1 for making me sad. Net of 0.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”