Yale 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Gold

Re: Yale 2010

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:38 am

crackberry wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:This thread has basically deteriorated (improved?) to a point where the six or seven of us (Kronk, CardinalRules, tomhobbes, Dignan, BioE and myself plus Kretzy sometimes) come to pontificate and make fun of each other. And we only sometimes talk about Yale.
Hey, I don't mind :D Seriously, though, I think that's just the nature of the Yale thread. Not that many people get accepted to Yale in the first place, and a large proportion of those who do choose not to use TLS. Ergo, not many people to ask questions/talk about Yale. The majority of the YLS questions go in the In at Yale and Yale 2013 threads, too.

And the Violent Centaur Entourage thing cracks me up!
Really? I remember trying to find the In at Yale thread the other day and having to scroll through like 6 pages before I found it. I think the last post was like Feb. 20 or something.
+1. That thread is truly dead.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:41 am

Can one of you lucky devils link to the Yale 2013 thread? I'd like to read it but have no idea where it is.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:42 am

crackberry wrote:Can one of you lucky devils link to the Yale 2013 thread? I'd like to read it but have no idea where it is.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 25&t=98978

I never read it, actually.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:43 am

crackberry wrote:Can one of you lucky devils link to the Yale 2013 thread? I'd like to read it but have no idea where it is.
Just don't post in it. I accidentally posted in the In at Stanford thread and it depresses me daily.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:44 am

Kronk wrote:
Just don't post in it. I accidentally posted in the In at Stanford thread and it depresses me daily.
Worried about karma, are you?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:46 am

CardinalRules wrote:
Kronk wrote:
Each SLS slot that gets taken is personal affront and injury to me.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:48 am

Kronk wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Kronk wrote:
Each SLS slot that gets taken is personal affront and injury to me.
To be honest, though, plenty of other people have posted in "In at..." threads without being "In at..." at the time. I remember posting in the "In at Yale" thread before being accepted because I had a question for someone in there.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:49 am

No I know, it's just depressing because you are constantly seeing people get in and realizing you're not part of yet another wave.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:50 am

Kronk wrote:No I know, it's just depressing because you are constantly seeing people get in and realizing you're not part of yet another wave.
This is exactly why I would never post in an "In at..." thread of a school I wasn't admitted to. Actually, I posted in the In at Chicago thread, but that was just to call you out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:50 am

Kronk wrote:No I know, it's just depressing because you are constantly seeing people get in and realizing you're not part of yet another wave.
Yes, I know; I had that feeling watching the Berkeley thread through November and December.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:51 am

crackberry wrote:
This is exactly why I would never post in an "In at..." thread of a school I wasn't admitted to. Actually, I posted in the In at Chicago thread, but that was just to call you out.
Also you don't care who gets into Chicago and who doesn't with SLS, Berk and NYU in your pocket.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:52 am

crackberry wrote:This thread has basically deteriorated (improved?) to a point where the six or seven of us (Kronk, CardinalRules, tomhobbes, Dignan, BioE and myself plus Kretzy sometimes) come to pontificate and make fun of each other. And we only sometimes talk about Yale.
Wait...this is a Yale thread? Damn. I thought this thread was about which school--NYU or Boalt--is better for securing a PI job in North Dakota.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:55 am

I think that this thread is the Yale thread in the sense that it's the best thread on TLS. :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:57 am

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Also you don't care who gets into Chicago and who doesn't with SLS, Berk and NYU in your pocket.
Fact: Chicago is a declining TTT full of super-serious gunners and no cute girls.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:58 am

Dignan wrote:
Wait...this is a Yale thread? Damn. I thought this thread was about which school--NYU or Boalt--is better for securing a PI job in North Dakota.
BoalTTT is better for anything than SUNY-Greenwich Village. Everyone knows this.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:59 am

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Fact: Chicago is a declining TTT full of super-serious gunners and no cute girls.
Pfft, if you had gotten into UIUC you'd have received the yearbook-thing they send out and realize there are tons of cute girls at Chicago.

Their presence probably means it is indeed a declining TTT.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:00 am

crackberry wrote:
Dignan wrote:
BoalTTT is better for anything than SUNY-Greenwich Village. Everyone knows this.
BoalTTT's only peer is Cal State University - Palo AlTTTo.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:05 am

Kronk wrote:Pfft, if you had gotten into UIUC you'd have received the yearbook-thing they send out and realize there are tons of cute girls at Chicago.

Ahh, the old self-fulfilling prophecy conundrum.

Also, just found out the ex-GF (less than amiable split) is applying to LS this year. She will be attending UIUC with you most likely. Her presence definitely means it is a declining TTT.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:08 am

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:Pfft, if you had gotten into UIUC you'd have received the yearbook-thing they send out and realize there are tons of cute girls at Chicago.

Ahh, the old self-fulfilling prophecy conundrum.

Also, just found out the ex-GF (less than amiable split) is applying to LS this year. She will be attending UIUC with you most likely. Her presence definitely means it is a declining TTT.
I am still up in the air. I sent in my matching forms to The University of Telegraph Avenue yesterday and I am hoping for good news.

Hope your ex is attractive, as my relationship will inevitably fail if I choose to move across the country for three years (not true, but I still hope your ex is attractive and I can tease you about it).

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:14 am

Kronk wrote:Hope your ex is attractive, as my relationship will inevitably fail if I choose to move across the country for three years (not true, but I still hope your ex is attractive and I can tease you about it).
When do you hear back from Cal State Oakland?

On another note, I now censor myself every time I post in this thread, armed with the knowledge that Asha is watching.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:16 am

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:Hope your ex is attractive, as my relationship will inevitably fail if I choose to move across the country for three years (not true, but I still hope your ex is attractive and I can tease you about it).

On another note, I now censor myself every time I post in this thread, armed with the knowledge that Asha is watching.
I have no idea. When students stop rioting over tuition increases, probably.

I don't attempt a censor. I hope she finds blatant immaturity oddly appealing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:18 am

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:

I have no idea. When students stop rioting over tuition increases, probably.

I don't attempt a censor. I hope she finds blatant immaturity oddly appealing.
TBF, nearly every one of my posts is either sarcastic or blatantly immature. I meant more that I won't curse or say the kind of thing I just PMed you.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:21 am

Haha. Agreed. Although I just used the c-word in the lounge, which is about as inappropriate as it gets, so I hope she only reads the Yale threads. (no quotey)

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 am

I don't feel the need to censor myself more than usual in this thread; Asha seems like a sensible type who wouldn't be terribly concerned over something off-beat.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 am

Didn't we already determine she reads (or at least knows of) the USS: BP?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”