Yale 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adameus

Silver

Re: Yale 2010

Post by adameus » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:57 pm

I think Marbletop used to be fairly active on here. Not sure what happened to her.

traficante

New

Post by traficante » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:12 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:*frantically google searches for voluble farmboy costume*

like the kid in the Rosetta Stone ad?
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2009/04/ ... ts_frazier

"Chi è il suo stilista italiano preferito? Personalmente, sono stato un ammiratore di Valentino fin dalla scuola agraria."

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:33 pm

what's really funny about that article is that it appears in the New Yorker, which , I believe, publishes a lot of Rosetta Stone ads. I wonder how that worked out for them, making fun of their own advertisers.

Personally, I liked

Are you aware that stalking a supermodel without her consent is a violation of Italian law?

Lei è consapevole che infastidire una top model senza il suo consenso è una violazione della legge italiana?

notanumber

Bronze

Post by notanumber » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:58 pm

adameus wrote:
theadw wrote:Withdrawn.

If you're a voluble farmboy on the waitlist, you'll probably get that spot.

wow, it seems like a lot of people are taking Stanford over Yale on here. You, BioEBear and CardinalsRule are 3 I can think of.
I ran into a bunch of people at the ASW that are probably going to make that decision. Not that I blame them. Stanford's a great place and were my interests elsewhere I'd likely have done the same. FWIW I also heard from several people that they ran a more convincing ASW.

theadw

Bronze

Post by theadw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:16 pm

adameus wrote:
theadw wrote:Withdrawn.

If you're a voluble farmboy on the waitlist, you'll probably get that spot.

wow, it seems like a lot of people are taking Stanford over Yale on here. You, BioEBear and CardinalsRule are 3 I can think of.
N.B. that I'm not picking on you, but the general Yale or bust attitude on the internet:

Both schools (and almost certainly others, but I can't speak to them because my cycle is so bafflingly uneven) are so wonderful that one should go where one is likely to be the happiest (thus producing the best work). The non-curricular differences between Yale & Stanford are so well-defined and nontrivial (contra curricular differences) that it's not (or shouldn't be) terrifically surprising to see any one individual choose one in lieu of the other.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notanumber

Bronze

Post by notanumber » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:30 pm

booby87 wrote:heeeeeyyyyyyyyy guys plz go post in my thread about ASW...I'm really curious to know how it was.

kthanks :wink:
I'll try to compose something later. But in short, the weather was great and I had fun. Some of the lectures and panels were a bit uneven but the actual classes I visited were quite interesting. The law school building itself is very cool. Laughably fake gothic, but in an awesome sort of way. New Haven had better food than I expected.

The current students were what sold me on the whole thing. Almost everybody was doing something really interesting with their life and people all had exciting ideas to talk about. Discussions weren't as curricula-centered as they were at other schools. It was more about "here's what I'm really interested in" or "here's what I'm doing with my life." I found that to be quite welcoming.

jamesieee

New

Post by jamesieee » Sun May 02, 2010 1:25 am

Mailed my deposit. See you folks next year ... unless my deposit gets lost. I hardly trust a rusty roadside mailbox in rural Louisiana with the most important piece of mail of my life.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Sun May 02, 2010 1:32 am

Yeah I'm paranoid about something going wrong with my mail too. By the way, anyone know when the financial aid acceptance deadline is? I can't remember whether it's May 3rd or May 15th.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dueprocess14

Bronze

Post by dueprocess14 » Sun May 02, 2010 3:48 am

Just send 'em a quick email. I was overseas last year, and I'm emailed them to confirm it was on its way. It sounded like they just need to know for waitlist purposes, not the formality of having the check in hand.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”