Yale 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Gold

Re: Yale 2010

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 pm

tomhobbes wrote:FWIW I actually believe Herb about his acceptance and kind of look forward to meeting him. Even though he made fun of me for having a 4.0 when he apparently has one too.
I'm getting a little worried about you, Tommy. :wink:

lawyering

Bronze

Post by lawyering » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:37 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:FWIW I actually believe Herb about his acceptance and kind of look forward to meeting him. Even though he made fun of me for having a 4.0 when he apparently has one too.
I'm getting a little worried about you, Tommy. :wink:

tomhobbes = herb's alter ego?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Goddamn you, Herb. I am normally so sure about these things, but I really can't decide if you're real or not. I'm definitely leaning one way, but I'm really not sure.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:46 pm

crackberry wrote:Goddamn you, Herb. I am normally so sure about these things, but I really can't decide if you're real or not. I'm definitely leaning one way, but I'm really not sure.
You mean that he's so obviously a troll that he might not be a troll because a troll would never make himself so obvious?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:50 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:Goddamn you, Herb. I am normally so sure about these things, but I really can't decide if you're real or not. I'm definitely leaning one way, but I'm really not sure.
You mean that he's so obviously a troll that he might not be a troll because a troll would never make himself so obvious?
Yeah, something like that.

Also, why pick today to say that he got into Yale. And why create the (fake?) profile today?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:52 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Yeah, something like that.

Also, why pick today to say that he got into Yale. And why create the (fake?) profile today?
He probably got bored with his current form of trolling and noticed their Twitter update. Now he can reap the rewards of trolling as an admit rather than trolling as an applicant.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:54 pm

I tentatively believe him, too. Then again, there's no point speculating. Perhaps we'll meet him at the ASW?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:55 pm

CardinalRules wrote:He probably got bored with his current form of trolling and noticed their Twitter update. Now he can reap the rewards of trolling as an admit rather than trolling as an applicant.
If he were a "normal" troll, his profile would have said like 164, 3.7 or something, but his stats are definitely Yale-worthy. So he's not an anti-AA troll. I dunno.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:55 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
I tentatively believe him, too. Then again, there's no point speculating. Perhaps we'll meet him at the ASW?
I will be on the lookout for acerbic Mexican males.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:He probably got bored with his current form of trolling and noticed their Twitter update. Now he can reap the rewards of trolling as an admit rather than trolling as an applicant.
If he were a "normal" troll, his profile would have said like 164, 3.7 or something, but his stats are definitely Yale-worthy. So he's not an anti-AA troll. I dunno.
His stats have changed (at least) 3 times since he joined. Originally he had a 4.1, 161 from Tulsa, this morning a 4.0 from HYS and was mexican, now a 4.0, 172, and data about other schools. C'mon y'all.
Last edited by Kretzy on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:57 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
Similarly, I will keep an eye out for deceased philosophers who have cheated on their wives.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:57 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
Hey tom, will you please come to Stanford ASW? I'm interested to see if you could pick me out of a crowd.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
His stats have changed (at least) 3 times since he joined. Originally he had a 4.1, 161 from Tulsa, this morning a 4.0 from HYS and was mexican, now a 4.0, 172. C'mon y'all.
Oh right I forgot the Tulsa thing. Ok, you're right, he's a troll.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
His stats have changed (at least) 3 times since he joined. Originally he had a 4.1, 161 from Tulsa, this morning a 4.0 from HYS and was mexican, now a 4.0, 172. C'mon y'all.
That is easily explained by a transfer, subsequent GPA decrease, and LSAT retake. Why so skeptical, Kretzy?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:59 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
That is easily explained by a transfer, subsequent GPA decrease, and LSAT retake. Why so skeptical, Kretzy?
:D it's the sneaky gay in me, according to Sue Sylvester.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:01 pm

crackberry wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
Hey tom, will you please come to Stanford ASW? I'm interested to see if you could pick me out of a crowd.
I kind of wish I could go to Stanford's ASW, but I just don't think I should take the time off from school to do it, especially since I'm so sure about Yale. If I were trying to ID you, I'd just head towards the Stanford-UG guy who was most loudly singing Stanford's praises. Or maybe I'd be more subtle and diss Stanford to draw you out.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Kretzy wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote: That is easily explained by a transfer, subsequent GPA decrease, and LSAT retake. Why so skeptical, Kretzy?
:D it's the sneaky gay in me, according to Sue Sylvester.
Oh snaps I love Jane Lynch!
crackberry wrote: Hey tom, will you please come to Stanford ASW? I'm interested to see if you could pick me out of a crowd.
Hey Crack, would it be in poor taste to come fully adorned in Cal gear?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:02 pm

the amount i look forward to reading this thread every day is becoming a little embarrassing.

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Yo, I just got off the phone with Barbara Brangi of Admissions and she told me that some "Pat Barnes" lady should have my financial aid award finalized within the coming weeks. Have any of you received your package yet?

PS I updated my profile today to reflect my actual gpa/lsat/undergrad. I figured I should out myself now that YLS has let me in. Hopefully they won't change their minds!

I look forward to meeting you all!

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Last edited by tomhobbes on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:11 pm

tomhobbes wrote:I kind of wish I could go to Stanford's ASW, but I just don't think I should take the time off from school to do it, especially since I'm so sure about Yale. If I were trying to ID you, I'd just head towards the Stanford-UG guy who was most loudly singing Stanford's praises. Or maybe I'd be more subtle and diss Stanford to draw you out.
The latter would definitely work better than the former, but I'd like to think I can blend in with a crowd if necessary. There are a few people on here (BioE and Kretzy most notably) who will know who I am for various reasons, but other than them, I wonder how well I could keep myself hidden.
BioEBear2010 wrote:Hey Crack, would it be in poor taste to come fully adorned in Cal gear?
Do it. I dare you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Could Herb have grabbed those names off the website, or did those of you who were actually admitted get such calls as well?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:14 pm

crackberry wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I kind of wish I could go to Stanford's ASW, but I just don't think I should take the time off from school to do it, especially since I'm so sure about Yale. If I were trying to ID you, I'd just head towards the Stanford-UG guy who was most loudly singing Stanford's praises. Or maybe I'd be more subtle and diss Stanford to draw you out.
The latter would definitely work better than the former, but I'd like to think I can blend in with a crowd if necessary. There are a few people on here (BioE and Kretzy most notably) who will know who I am for various reasons, but other than them, I wonder how well I could keep myself hidden.
BioEBear2010 wrote:Hey Crack, would it be in poor taste to come fully adorned in Cal gear?
Do it. I dare you.
Sometimes I wish I'd be able to stay hidden come SLS next year :)

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:17 pm

crackberry wrote:Could Herb have grabbed those names off the website, or did those of you who were actually admitted get such calls as well?
Hmm, I am actually starting to believe him in spite of myself. He's got Barbara's name right, and I don't think that it's on their website.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:18 pm

crackberry wrote:
I think that I would know who you are.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”