Yale 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Gold

Re: New Haven Community College 2010

Post by crackberry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:17 pm

CardinalRules wrote:It won't be long until this thread goes off the rails entirely. Their Twitter page doesn't indicate any new admits today, so probably we won't see any action.
I'm actually sort of surprised Asha didn't Twitter (tweet?) something to commemorate April Fools.

Boba Fett

New

Post by Boba Fett » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:20 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:It won't be long until this thread goes off the rails entirely. Their Twitter page doesn't indicate any new admits today, so probably we won't see any action.
I'm actually sort of surprised Asha didn't Twitter (tweet?) something to commemorate April Fools.
I think she did:
(203) wrote:Just made a few more "calls" to a certain Californian. For some reason, (203) has this song running through its head today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Boba Fett wrote:
crackberry wrote:
I think she did:
(203) wrote:Just made a few more "calls" to a certain Californian. For some reason, (203) has this song running through its head today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
rickroll

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:27 pm

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:28 pm

crackberry wrote:I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
he just performed a hackneyed internet prank. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ivorynightfall

New

Post by ivorynightfall » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:30 pm

isn't rickrolling supposed to be mainly for videos?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:31 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
he just performed a hackneyed internet prank. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling
Right, I know, but was the mention of "calls" to a certain Californian a reference to my near-misses last week? That's what I think, but whatever, I'm still disappointed in Asha. I'd think April Fools is right up her alley.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:39 pm

crackberry wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:
Right, I know, but was the mention of "calls" to a certain Californian a reference to my near-misses last week? That's what I think, but whatever, I'm still disappointed in Asha. I'd think April Fools is right up her alley.
So would I, actually. I expected a tweet from her, too.

notanumber

Bronze

Post by notanumber » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:00 pm

It appears as though Leland Stan[strike][/strike]ford Jr. College is no longer the #1 rated Jr. College in the country...

Tragic...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Peter North wrote:Ok, guys. The word from the YLS admissions office is... that the vast majority of rejections have already been sent out.

So if you still haven't been dinged and are awaiting to hear from YLS, there is a strong likelihood that you will get an acceptance. Your chances are even better after the YLS ASW and when the deposit payment date has expired by end of this month.

Good luck, gunners! :P
I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall of your brain, Peter. And by "brain" I mean the thing inside your skull, not the other use of the word, which only twisted, one-track-mind people like me would think about.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Peter North wrote:Ok, guys. The word from the YLS admissions office is... that the vast majority of rejections have already been sent out.

So if you still haven't been dinged and are awaiting to hear from YLS, there is a strong likelihood that you will get an acceptance. Your chances are even better after the YLS ASW and when the deposit payment date has expired by end of this month.
If only this were so. Although I'd like to believe PN, the numbers tell a different story, especially for those of us who applied late. According to LSN, not a single applicant who applied in February has been rejected yet. Unless all the February applicants (and there are quite a few of us) just happen to be awesome candidates who are likely to be accepted, then I'm afraid that PN's YLS source is less than reliable.

dutchstriker

Bronze

Post by dutchstriker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
Dignan wrote:

If only this were so. Although I'd like to believe PN, the numbers tell a different story, especially for those of us who applied late. According to LSN, not a single applicant who applied in February has been rejected yet. Unless all the February applicants (and there are quite a few of us) just happen to be awesome candidates who are likely to be accepted, then I'm afraid that PN's YLS source is less than reliable.
Yes. Perhaps the noel known for joking around has a less than reliable inside source, whom he cites on April 1st. :?
Interesting that PN would say this, actually.

I was told today that I would either be accepted or waitlisted. (I requested an expedited decision due to NYU scholarship deadline.)

IHaveDietMoxie

Bronze

Post by IHaveDietMoxie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Sweet, thanks Asha!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:47 pm

dutchstriker wrote:I was told today that I would either be accepted or waitlisted. (I requested an expedited decision due to NYU scholarship deadline.)
That's not really a whole lot of help, huh?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 pm

crackberry wrote:
dutchstriker wrote:I was told today that I would either be accepted or waitlisted. (I requested an expedited decision due to NYU scholarship deadline.)
But better than the alternative.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:54 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Yeah, sure, but with the NYU deadline like 3 days away, being told that you could be admitted but could also be WLed does nothing of substance really.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:55 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Yeah, sure, but with the NYU deadline like 3 days away, being told that you could be admitted but could also be WLed does nothing of substance really.
Oh, that's completely fair. I bet most of the folks on the board who have been waiting a bit (Crack, Kronk, etc.) will get the WL, and a few will get off of it. Same with HLS. It's now just waiting the 2 weeks or so until that happens, which for those with scholly deadlines doesn't much help.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Boba Fett

New

Post by Boba Fett » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Did they say whether or not they'll let you know before the NYU deadline?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 am

Kretzy wrote:Oh, that's completely fair. I bet most of the folks on the board who have been waiting a bit (Crack, Kronk, etc.) will get the WL, and a few will get off of it. Same with HLS. It's now just waiting the 2 weeks or so until that happens, which for those with scholly deadlines doesn't much help.
Yeah luckily I don't have a scholarship deadline to worry about, so I think I'll get to wait on YLS until they give me some sort of decision. But assuming I get WLed, I may be forced to withdraw once I sent my deposit to SLS, if CardinalRules is right. Even if I'm not forced to, I'd probably withdraw voluntarily toward the end of June, as I plan to be out of the country from late June until mid-August, so I have to store all my stuff out here and don't want to be coming back and having to move cross country in a matter of like 2 days.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:39 am

Peter North wrote:
I've stopped responding to pointless posts doubting the veracity of what I say on here. The effort is futile, really. The real trolls/flames on here are the clowns that make lame attempts to refute my posts without muchso contacting the schools directly (which I did), yet impugn everything I say with nothing more than a casual link to something completely unrelated. (ie. PN makes joke threads so therefore he must be joking. Wow. Some iron-clad logic there). :roll:
I didn't dismiss your statement because you are a troll or because you make jokes. Here's what you said: "So if you still haven't been dinged and are awaiting to hear from YLS, there is a strong likelihood that you will get an acceptance." This statement is objectively false. There is not a "strong likelihood" that those who are still waiting to hear from YLS will be accepted. About a third of YLS applicants have not received decisions yet. Most of these applicants--an overwhelming majority of them--will not be accepted.

I don't know what you heard (or what you think you heard) from the YLS admissions office, but the statement you made is simply incorrect. Like it or not, people are going to correct you when you get stuff wrong.

dutchstriker

Bronze

Post by dutchstriker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:45 am

crackberry wrote:
Well, I was thinking I'd be rejected, so I was happy to hear it. But yeah, it didn't help much for the NYU deadline. Although I turned down the scholarship.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dutchstriker

Bronze

Post by dutchstriker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:47 am

Boba Fett wrote:
Did they say whether or not they'll let you know before the NYU deadline?
No. They told me they expected to have most decisions out by April 9. So I probably could have asked for an extension, but I'd already made up my mind.

agathon360

New

Re: Yale 2010

Post by agathon360 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 am

So is there agreement on whether you can tell if you are admitted by Asha or admitted via faculty review? e.gt. how long do you think it takes for a successful application to pass through faculty review? A month? More? Less?

big_blue79

Bronze

Post by big_blue79 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:48 am

As someone who is below (by 0.01%) their 25th GPA and at the median LSAT, I wish I could/would believe you, PN. I know they don't game numbers, but I'd put my chances at 5%. I expect my rejection has not arrived because I went complete on 13 March.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:21 pm

TBF, I think PN's statement holds water for people who applied on or before about December 1 and if you change "high probability you will be accepted" to "high probability you will be accepted OR, more likely, waitlisted." For those of us who applied later, it is patently false.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”