Yale 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Gold

Re: Yale 2010

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Kretzy wrote:Whelp, finally complete. :D
What took so long? Didn't you apply in January?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 pm

crackberry wrote:
I was going to, then didn't pull the trigger because I'm poor. I finally did in early Feb though, so it's been almost 4 weeks.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
I was going to, then didn't pull the trigger because I'm poor. I finally did in early Feb though, so it's been almost 4 weeks.
You wanna post or PM the exact date? I have a vested interest in the answer.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:45 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
You wanna post or PM the exact date? I have a vested interest in the answer.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Kretzy wrote:2.9
Cool, no need to freak out yet for me then.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:53 pm

crackberry wrote:
Taking bets on whether or not crackberry's rejection comes before his complete letter. ;)
Last edited by Kronk on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Taking bets on whether or not crackberry's rejection comes before his hold letter. ;)
What hold letter?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Botched that one. Will be back to make fun of you again, crackberry, in this life or the next.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Kronk wrote:Botched that one. Will be back to make fun of you again, crackberry, in this life or the next.
Subtle, but nice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MichelledeMontaigne

New

Post by MichelledeMontaigne » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:14 pm

In, was admitted at the HLS ASW. Feels so good cause now I'll be able to reject Yale and take Harvard instead. I don't understand what it is you all see in Yale. I have a theory...I think you all want to feel special because Yale only accepts a couple of hundred while Harvard accepts many more. Well I'm sorry TLS but selectivity isn't all, sorry Asha, I loved HLS, Cambridge and Boston too much.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 pm

MichelledeMontaigne wrote:In, was admitted at the HLS ASW. Feels so good cause now I'll be able to reject Yale and take Harvard instead. I don't understand what it is you all see in Yale. I have a theory...I think you all want to feel special because Yale only accepts a couple of hundred while Harvard accepts many more. Well I'm sorry TLS but selectivity isn't all, sorry Asha, I loved HLS, Cambridge and Boston too much.
Great dude, free up a spot at Yale for someone who really wants it.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 pm

MichelledeMontaigne wrote:In, was admitted at the HLS ASW. Feels so good cause now I'll be able to reject Yale and take Harvard instead. I don't understand what it is you all see in Yale. I have a theory...I think you all want to feel special because Yale only accepts a couple of hundred while Harvard accepts many more. Well I'm sorry TLS but selectivity isn't all, sorry Asha, I loved HLS, Cambridge and Boston too much.
Blatant Harvard trolling in the Yale thread

BUT please withdraw if you're serious...this is one school that it might actually make a difference for...
Last edited by TheWire on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:17 pm

a nice short and simple "Yale wasn't for me" would have sufficed...

Lol j/p good luck at Harvard

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MichelledeMontaigne

New

Post by MichelledeMontaigne » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:19 pm

MichelledeMontaigne wrote:Snoopy is right: Got in but I'll be withdrawing soon. Good luck to all

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:19 pm

I want to be an academic. Yale's loan repayment program is better. I want to clerk for SCOTUS. From everything I read, Yale cares about the whole of an applicant slightly more than Harvard.

There are things about Harvard I like too, such as the ability to take classes at MIT. That would be another dream fullfilled. Plus my mom would probably like Harvard a bit more :)

notanumber

Bronze

Post by notanumber » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:20 pm

At the risk of once again taking a troll seriously: Both of them are very good schools. For me, I really like the idea of being able to take an elective my first year - though you can do this at Harvard, from what I hear you're a bit restrained in choices (it has to be international/comparative law, right?). I especially like the idea of taking one that will lead to a seminar paper that can (ostensibly) be published at some point. I also like the idea of attending a smaller school and Yale's advantage in academic placement (what I want to do) can't be argued with.

But Harvard is a fantastic school that makes more sense than Yale for plenty of applicants. Enjoy Boston. I may well be joining you next fall.
Last edited by notanumber on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:21 pm

While I don't like the rhetoric/tact of this post, I do agree with the content. People put too much emphasis on rankings and prestige. Go where you will be happy. Good luck at HLS, MichelledeMontaigne.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Why didn't you apply to Stanford, notanumber?

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
While I don't like the rhetoric/tact of this post, I do agree with the content. People put too much emphasis on rankings and prestige. Go where you will be happy. Good luck at HLS, MichelledeMontaigne.
Easy for you to say Mr. I'm-going-to-pick-Stanford-over-Yale-even-though-I-currently-proclaim "GO BEARS"

notanumber

Bronze

Post by notanumber » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 pm

crackberry wrote:Why didn't you apply to Stanford, notanumber?
I really don't like Palo Alto and I don't want to commute to school.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 pm

The answer is obvious: because Stanford is in decline. I invite others to start a "Is Stanford in decline?" thread on the Choosing a Law School forum.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Dignan wrote:
The answer is obvious: because Stanford is in decline. I invite others to start a "Is Stanford in decline?" thread on the Choosing a Law School forum.
My like-minded thread about New Haven Community College Law School made for some interesting discussion.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:34 pm

TheWire wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
Easy for you to say Mr. I'm-going-to-pick-Stanford-over-Yale-even-though-I-currently-proclaim "GO BEARS"
BioE, is there any merit to what TheWire says? PM me.

Also, Cal sucks.

notanumber

Bronze

Post by notanumber » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:37 pm

O.K. The real reason: I don't want to go to school at Taco Bell.

EDIT:
I don't want to sully the Yale thread with large .jpgs of a restaurant chain and university, both in decline. ;)
Last edited by notanumber on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:41 pm

The resemblance is striking.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”