Yale 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
psychomohel

Bronze

Re: Yale 2010

Post by psychomohel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:14 pm

owhlcn wrote:
ad astra wrote:wow I am freaking out
me too.

Me. Too.
time to freak out about stanford too

ad astra

New

Post by ad astra » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Also, take a look at the Stanford thread. Dean Faye is making the calls today too...

pulpfree

New

Post by pulpfree » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:15 pm

ylc wrote:
pulpfree wrote:
ylc wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:This just in: the Cleveland Browns beat the 2009 super bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Miracles do happen. Ergo, I will participate in the outrageous, ill-conceived optimism of this thread. Why not?
Seriously, nothing yet? I even applied to Yale and I've been refreshing this page just to see how it's turning out for you guys.
This.
Yes, but when I refresh the page, it's with this pleasant feeling of excitement and anticipation, rather than that doom-and-gloom dreadful feeling of horribleness that I'm sure many of you are experiencing :)
Oh, how I envy you. But seriously, it's more of an excitement for me too since I know too well that I have near zero chance to be in the first batch (let alone be in any batch for that matter). But people do make mistakes. So maybe they mess up and accept me...

ankit

Bronze

Post by ankit » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:20 pm

ad astra wrote:Also, take a look at the Stanford thread. Dean Faye is making the calls today too...
Congrats on the Stanford acceptance!

alleyoop86

New

Post by alleyoop86 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:23 pm

ad astra wrote:Also, take a look at the Stanford thread. Dean Faye is making the calls today too...
ahhhhhh.... :shock: :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hermione0901

New

Post by hermione0901 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:30 pm

alleyoop86 wrote:
I know. And all this while we're trying to take finals!!!!!

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:33 pm

hermione0901 wrote:
alleyoop86 wrote:
+1. Need to write paper. I haven't even written my 250 and submitted yet..still glued to TLS. :!:

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Lysis wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:
alleyoop86 wrote:
+1. Need to write paper. I haven't even written my 250 and submitted yet..still glued to TLS. :!:
You can have my first one I didn't use... :) With some touch-ups and add-ons it could be great.

Did anyone else put under the help section they used TLS(question 9 I think)? I think a professor would get a kick out of my honesty and candor.

marbletop

New

Post by marbletop » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:41 pm

catwoman wrote:I take it back! Stop, Yale, stop! Don't give me something concrete to freak out about!
While I agree entirely with your sentiment, I should point out that every time I see your 'tar, I think it's a moustache.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gwen

Bronze

Post by Gwen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Kakarot wrote:Did anyone else put under the help section they used TLS(question 9 I think)? I think a professor would get a kick out of my honesty and candor.
I did not. TLS hasn't really added to my knowledge about the application process but it did help LSAT wise

catwoman

New

Post by catwoman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:02 pm

marbletop wrote:
catwoman wrote:I take it back! Stop, Yale, stop! Don't give me something concrete to freak out about!
While I agree entirely with your sentiment, I should point out that every time I see your 'tar, I think it's a moustache.
Actually it's my little cousin, headless.

caved

New

Post by caved » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 pm

Wow. What's the top school doing on the second page the day they announce they'll be admitting people?

So what's the consensus?

a. People getting admitted, just not any of us.

b. They're trying to build up as much anticipation as possible, waiting until the end of the day.

c. They're a bunch of teases, playing with our hearts like hacky-sacks.

Guesses?

pulpfree

New

Post by pulpfree » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:02 pm

caved wrote:Wow. What's the top school doing on the second page the day they announce they'll be admitting people?

So what's the consensus?

b. They're trying to build up as much anticipation as possible, waiting until the end of the day.

Guesses?
ahh, don't we all love drama.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:03 pm

caved wrote:Wow. What's the top school doing on the second page the day they announce they'll be admitting people?

So what's the consensus?

Guesses?
A) They are probably only admitting 2 people today.

B) Anticipation?: they care not how you feel. They are number one, it's like the hot girl you want to date, but she could care less about you.

C) Tease, they don't have to tease. We are all begging for it already.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm guessing they're not accepting any TLS types. No one's reported anything on LSN either. My guess is that these people are in the older, very accomplished group. Not the early-twenty-somethings that are usually on TLS.

ylc

New

Post by ylc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:35 pm

GeePee wrote:I'm guessing they're not accepting any TLS types. No one's reported anything on LSN either. My guess is that these people are in the older, very accomplished group. Not the early-twenty-somethings that are usually on TLS.
I read some thread about "how old are you" and many people were not in their early twenties. I think the mid-twenties-but-work-in-desk-job-with-free-time-to-check-TLS-all-day group on here is not exceedingly small.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 pm

GeePee wrote:I'm guessing they're not accepting any TLS types. No one's reported anything on LSN either. My guess is that these people are in the older, very accomplished group. Not the early-twenty-somethings that are usually on TLS.
I'm thinking that they're going to accept like 10 people (not TLS, but total) at the end of the day. Those phone calls aren't more than two minutes. Could be happening any time. Marbletop, for instance.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

psychomohel

Bronze

Post by psychomohel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm

ylc wrote:
I read some thread about "how old are you" and many people were not in their early twenties. I think the mid-twenties-but-work-in-desk-job-with-free-time-to-check-TLS-all-day group on here is not exceedingly small.
Well in previous years, folks who heard back the first day posted it on LSN, so the calls most likely haven't gone out yet.

marbletop

New

Post by marbletop » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:48 pm

VoidSix wrote:
I'm thinking that they're going to accept like 10 people (not TLS, but total) at the end of the day. Those phone calls aren't more than two minutes. Could be happening any time. Marbletop, for instance.
<3

I wish!

georgina

Bronze

Post by georgina » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:50 pm

psychomohel wrote:
Well in previous years, folks who heard back the first day posted it on LSN, so the calls most likely haven't gone out yet.
how strange... end of business day already. i guess it will be weekend calls then? i'm certainly not dreaming of one, but it's exciting to watch! good luck to the hopefuls, especially the HLS cross-admits who can withdraw from HLS :)

marbletop

New

Post by marbletop » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm... I'm in! I'm in!

I'M IN AT YALE!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:32 pm

marbletop wrote:I'm... I'm in! I'm in!

I'M IN AT YALE!!
Omgosh! CONGRATS!

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:34 pm

I'M IN AT YALE!!
:D :D :D !!! WOOHOO!

Way to go! Do you mind sharing a bit about your softs, either here or via PM?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:36 pm

I'M IN AT YALE!!

Congrats!

I want to reiterate how good of a predictor I am.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Wow!! Congrats Marbletop you deserve it!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”