In at UMiami

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby mrm2083 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:49 am

I'll probably be going

GTLAWSCHOOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:52 am

trialjunky wrote:Anyone else going to the Lawday for admitted students on Friday?


check out the ASW thread that is going.

User avatar
actorlaw
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:36 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby actorlaw » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:55 am

Gonna try this again...

Has anyone made it in after being put On-Hold?

Have they waitlisted anyone? Or is there just the On-Hold category right now?

Can we expect to wait until April 30 to hear something?

LoveSaltLife
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby LoveSaltLife » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:48 am

actorlaw wrote:Gonna try this again...

Has anyone made it in after being put On-Hold?

Have they waitlisted anyone? Or is there just the On-Hold category right now?

Can we expect to wait until April 30 to hear something?



No one has been accepted from the hold status. I called last week to ask if they had begun to review them, with all of the impending seat deposits due at other schools, and they told me not yet but I could expect a decision by April 30 (as if we didn't already know that). However, I was also told to call back on Monday (today) and check again.

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby barrel_bra » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:51 pm

LoveSaltLife wrote:
actorlaw wrote:Gonna try this again...

Has anyone made it in after being put On-Hold?

Have they waitlisted anyone? Or is there just the On-Hold category right now?

Can we expect to wait until April 30 to hear something?



No one has been accepted from the hold status. I called last week to ask if they had begun to review them, with all of the impending seat deposits due at other schools, and they told me not yet but I could expect a decision by April 30 (as if we didn't already know that). However, I was also told to call back on Monday (today) and check again.


+1
Also on Hold.

For those on Hold, did you submit any additional materials? My softs are stellar, and I already sent multiple LOR.
From what I've read on hear "Hold" is better than "waitlisted", but April 30th decision really puts us in a shitty position.

sabathia27
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:05 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby sabathia27 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm on hold as well, actually I'm on hold at several schools unfortunately. By April 30th isn't ideal, but I'd rather wait to see if its an option than withdraw.

lawschoolgiant
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby lawschoolgiant » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 pm

on hold here also..no news

User avatar
barrel_bra
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby barrel_bra » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Any "On Holders" submit additional material, LOCI, LOR's?

lawschoolgiant
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby lawschoolgiant » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:04 pm

barrel_bra wrote:Any "On Holders" submit additional material, LOCI, LOR's?



Submitted 3 LOR originally....sent LOCI.

User avatar
SAOJD10
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby SAOJD10 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:38 pm

was emailed my award notification today, than I saw they awarded me $61,292.00 in loans. I promptly emailed my withdrawal, hope one of those on hold gets my spot (sorry no money to give back)

msv5010
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby msv5010 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Yea when I saw the amount of aid it was a reality check. I did get a merit scholarship though which cuts its substantially, but god forbid I lose that I would hate to be that deep in debt.

User avatar
StoneontaState
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby StoneontaState » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Yeah my award was 61,000 per year as well, but for me it would pretty much cost the same wherever I go considering I didn't receive any scholarships.

matchesmalone
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby matchesmalone » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 pm

For those of you who got award emails today, what are your numbers? I'm curious bc I didn't receive anything :(

msv5010
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby msv5010 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Got the award email on Monday. I don't know if numbers matter, but I have a 162 and 3.4.

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby rossrobert » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 am

If you get denied will it show on the status check or will you just receive a letter in the mail?

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby trialjunky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 am

Got my award letter a few days ago and that 61,000 was a shocker. Anyone got a scholly from UM? If so, how long did it take them to send it to you after your acceptance?

User avatar
StoneontaState
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby StoneontaState » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:23 am

matchesmalone wrote:For those of you who got award emails today, what are your numbers? I'm curious bc I didn't receive anything :(


3.5 159, not sure if it matters though.

rossrobert wrote:If you get denied will it show on the status check or will you just receive a letter in the mail?


Go to your MyUM account then scroll to the top bar where it says "Student" then click on "Financial" and in the middle of the page click on "Current Awards."

trialjunky wrote:Got my award letter a few days ago and that 61,000 was a shocker. Anyone got a scholly from UM? If so, how long did it take them to send it to you after your acceptance?


My girlfriend got one roughly two weeks after her acceptance, but that was back in December.

User avatar
Franco Columbu
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Franco Columbu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm

I applied through a paper application last week, does anyone know how I can check the status of my application? it seems to me that some people have access to MyUM...

For those who were accepted/rejected, was it through email, regular mail, or did you have to log on to an online status update?

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby trialjunky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:14 pm

Is there a polite way to inquire about a scholarship or is it considered tactless?
Last edited by trialjunky on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sias
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Sias » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Went on hold last night. Has it been established whether this more advantageous than a wait list, or are they equivalent?

lawschoolgiant
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby lawschoolgiant » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 pm

Sias wrote:Went on hold last night. Has it been established whether this more advantageous than a wait list, or are they equivalent?


I have been told that hold is between WL and admit....but that did not come from the school.

lawschoolgiant
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby lawschoolgiant » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:50 pm

lawschoolgiant wrote:
Sias wrote:Went on hold last night. Has it been established whether this more advantageous than a wait list, or are they equivalent?


I have been told that hold is between WL and admit....but that did not come from the school.



supposedly they will look at holds again before waitlists..that is the only advantage I believe, but depending on the applicant pool we may be in the same boat as the WL people.

User avatar
Franco Columbu
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Franco Columbu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:10 am

how do you know that you've been placed on hold?

LegalGENius
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby LegalGENius » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:17 am

Has anyone decided on UM Law for sure?

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby rossrobert » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 pm

For the people that have been placed on hold, how have you found out?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”