In at UMiami

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 pm

sarlis wrote:
gator08 wrote:Anyone going to Admitted Students Day 3/26? I have not seen too much discussion on this throughout the thread and supposedly its going to be Spring Break in Miami that week.

I'm flying in on that Wed. and I really want to get a feel for the city and any potential classmates. Can't think of any btr icebreaker than boozing in Miami during SB.

PM me if ur going and want to party, should be a great weekend!


I am going and am getting to Miami on that thursday... lets party

Someone should start an official UMiami ASW thread: to get together people to party that thursday and friday night


Alright, I will start one. Can't wait to get down to the U.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby sarlis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:31 pm

gator08 wrote:
sarlis wrote:
gator08 wrote:Anyone going to Admitted Students Day 3/26? I have not seen too much discussion on this throughout the thread and supposedly its going to be Spring Break in Miami that week.

I'm flying in on that Wed. and I really want to get a feel for the city and any potential classmates. Can't think of any btr icebreaker than boozing in Miami during SB.

PM me if ur going and want to party, should be a great weekend!


I am going and am getting to Miami on that thursday... lets party

Someone should start an official UMiami ASW thread: to get together people to party that thursday and friday night


Alright, I will start one. Can't wait to get down to the U.


Awesome! link it here when do you.

gator08
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:36 pm

The UMiami ASW 2010 thread is up. Here's the link:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=107656

User avatar
GymTanLawSchool
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby GymTanLawSchool » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently a Senior at UF and was recently accepted at the U. Having the choice of UF, FSU or UM I think I am going to pick the U. After 4 years in Gville I'm ready for something new. The Miami lifestyle seems unbelievable and the contacts I can make there seem unparalleled to anywhere else. Only daunting aspect is the price, but I guess that's what student loans are for and hopefully a $100,000k starting salary once I'm out. The U swag is amazing! :mrgreen:

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby mrm2083 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:46 am

Has anyone gotten a named scholarship yet? Any one know if they've been sent out?

User avatar
minkins
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby minkins » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 am

Did anyone else just get an email with an invitation to an admitted students chat on Thursday 2/18? I haven't been accepted yet...

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby mango26 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am

minkins wrote:Did anyone else just get an email with an invitation to an admitted students chat on Thursday 2/18? I haven't been accepted yet...


yes i got it (i was accepted a couple weeks ago though). looks like maybe you are accepted.
(when i saw miami law in my gmail i was hoping it was about $)

mgonzalez
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby mgonzalez » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:07 pm

I went to UM undergrad and am in at UM law. From what I have heard from financial aid, there isn't much, if any, scholarship money left to give out...

awl05d
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby awl05d » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:24 pm

got an email to attend the admitted students chat, but nothing on the My UM page about being admitted....

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby sarlis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:54 pm

awl05d wrote:got an email to attend the admitted students chat, but nothing on the My UM page about being admitted....


I got the email too. And the subject of the email said that the chat was for admitted students.

melaniec
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby melaniec » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:28 pm

minkins wrote:Did anyone else just get an email with an invitation to an admitted students chat on Thursday 2/18? I haven't been accepted yet...

looks like you're in! congrats.

jkh
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:27 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby jkh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:11 pm

awl05d wrote:got an email to attend the admitted students chat, but nothing on the My UM page about being admitted....


+1

User avatar
jukeboxhero
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:14 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby jukeboxhero » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:36 am

In at the U!!!! Got an email yesterday about an admitted students chat, then just got the email about being accepted. My #2 school right now!!! :D

User avatar
darknightbegins
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby darknightbegins » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:19 am

Yeah there is supposed to be a chat this Thursday according to the email. I will probably drop in. Time I scheduale a visit to the school and take a look around, although I'm sure coral gabels will speek for itself. If I go I will use this screen name, so if any of you see me in there, holla back.

LSAT N00b
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby LSAT N00b » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:20 pm

darknightbegins wrote:Yeah there is supposed to be a chat this Thursday according to the email. I will probably drop in. Time I scheduale a visit to the school and take a look around, although I'm sure coral gabels will speek for itself. If I go I will use this screen name, so if any of you see me in there, holla back.

I have to work so I probably won't make it :x

User avatar
StoneontaState
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby StoneontaState » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:23 pm

159 3.5 GPA... anyone else with similar numbers receive a scholarship? my gf had 160 3.4 and got like 70k

biggiemike000
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby biggiemike000 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm hoping the scholarship money didn't run out yet...I was really starting to consider Miami, but not at $40k a year.

charlesjd
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby charlesjd » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:42 pm

biggiemike000 wrote:I'm hoping the scholarship money didn't run out yet...I was really starting to consider Miami, but not at $40k a year.


From what I have heard it is gone. I applied and was in before the deadline and got nothing and I have higher numbers. :(

User avatar
Threepeat
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Threepeat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:57 pm

charlesjd wrote:
biggiemike000 wrote:I'm hoping the scholarship money didn't run out yet...I was really starting to consider Miami, but not at $40k a year.


From what I have heard it is gone. I applied and was in before the deadline and got nothing and I have higher numbers. :(


Just withdrew today along with a 23k/year scholly. A little bit of money will be going back in to play hopefully for you guys.

User avatar
StoneontaState
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby StoneontaState » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm not really buying it that the scholarship money has run out. That would be incredibly unfair to December LSAT takers. On the other hand if it's true that all the scholarship money has run out, I'd still go to Miami because its one of my top 3 choices. I'm not going to go to another school I don't want to just b/c they offer me money. I'd rather be in debt and go somewhere I enjoy.

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby baboon309 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Threepeat wrote:
charlesjd wrote:
biggiemike000 wrote:I'm hoping the scholarship money didn't run out yet...I was really starting to consider Miami, but not at $40k a year.


From what I have heard it is gone. I applied and was in before the deadline and got nothing and I have higher numbers. :(


Just withdrew today along with a 23k/year scholly. A little bit of money will be going back in to play hopefully for you guys.


I just got in Miami Scholar Program, my old 23k scholarship will be replaced by this one.
Hopefully, someone will get it

User avatar
roguey
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby roguey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:57 pm

baboon309 wrote:
I just got in Miami Scholar Program, my old 23k scholarship will be replaced by this one.
Hopefully, someone will get it

Congratulations!!! How were you notified?

User avatar
baboon309
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby baboon309 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:22 pm

roguey wrote:
baboon309 wrote:
I just got in Miami Scholar Program, my old 23k scholarship will be replaced by this one.
Hopefully, someone will get it

Congratulations!!! How were you notified?


The lady called me around 7 something EST.

User avatar
roguey
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby roguey » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 pm

Wow... congratulations again. That is so awesome.

User avatar
minkins
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby minkins » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:56 am

StoneontaState wrote:I'm not really buying it that the scholarship money has run out. That would be incredibly unfair to December LSAT takers. On the other hand if it's true that all the scholarship money has run out, I'd still go to Miami because its one of my top 3 choices. I'm not going to go to another school I don't want to just b/c they offer me money. I'd rather be in debt and go somewhere I enjoy.


Yeah I think this is a little ridiculous too. I didn't take the LSAT until December so I don't get any money? :? Just from those posting info on LSN, Miami has given quite a few $23k/year scholarships... maybe they should've been a little more stingy with the money early in the application process. I'd LOVE to be in Coral Gables but I'm not going to pay sticker at Miami when I've already gotten into cheaper and "better" schools.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, cyclawps, Google Adsense [Bot], lawlaura3494, potterotter, taxman14 and 11 guests