In at UMiami

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Andreeai

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Andreeai » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks

panpan

Postby panpan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 am

Congratulations to those accepted & best of luck to those awaiting good news!

Accepted & full seat deposit paid. Looking forward to meeting all of you next fall.

lovethelaw88

Postby lovethelaw88 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:39 am

I'm really interested in Miami but I'm seriously thinking about withdrawing. I got accepted 2-3 weeks ago and no scholly info. If I don't get a scholly I don't' think I'm going. Temple gave me $$ and they're higher ranked...

mango26

Postby mango26 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 pm

does anyone think there is any more scholly $ to be distributed, or should i just give up on that at this point?

destroyer

Postby destroyer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 pm

In at Miami today! No scholarship info yet

LSAT N00b

Postby LSAT N00b » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Still very strongly considering accepting the Miami offer. Want to hear back from a few other schools first.

jtgain

Postby jtgain » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 pm

mango26 wrote:does anyone think there is any more scholly $ to be distributed, or should i just give up on that at this point?

Email Therese Lambert in Admissions. She was very straightforward and helpful when I talked to her.

eberl032

Postby eberl032 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:50 pm

I recently called admissions and they said they have expended all the money available

fcowrx

Postby fcowrx » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:56 pm

eberl032 wrote:I recently called admissions and they said they have expended all the money available

:( I really hope that's not true because UM is my top choice but I don't know how I feel about attending without a scholarship.

eberl032

Postby eberl032 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:30 pm

fcowrx wrote:
eberl032 wrote:I recently called admissions and they said they have expended all the money available

:( I really hope that's not true because UM is my top choice but I don't know how I feel about attending without a scholarship.

Ms. Lambert told me this. But this doesnt mean you wont recieve anything. They may have allocated the money (some to you) and dont have any more for new applications.

KafkaLover

Postby KafkaLover » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:36 pm

eberl032 wrote:
fcowrx wrote:

Ms. Lambert told me this. But this doesnt mean you wont recieve anything. They may have allocated the money (some to you) and dont have any more for new applications.

I am praying that this is the case. :cry:

tigerlilly17

Postby tigerlilly17 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:19 pm

To those who received $$$, do you see 2010-2011 on your Award drop down list in MyUm?

mrm2083

Postby mrm2083 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:24 pm

tigerlilly17 wrote:To those who received $$$, do you see 2010-2011 on your Award drop down list in MyUm?

nope

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:45 pm

Got a weird letter today just reminding me of the little open house/tour thing they have in later March. Guess just reminding me to come by and take a tour of the school. Just seems like a waist of money to send this kind of thing out instead of just sending it in e-mail form when it isn't anything big. Anyone else get this?

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:55 pm

mango26 wrote:does anyone think there is any more scholly $ to be distributed, or should i just give up on that at this point?

just gave up $69k..enjoy

Andromeda160

Postby Andromeda160 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:05 pm

I got the same letter in the mail today, just to remind us to stop by at their March thing. I'm going though, unless I have to work. I also visited UM, they have a recruiting office, I spoke with the lady in charge. She was nice but basically told me that if after your acceptance letter you don't receive any money within 2 weeks, then forget it (by the facial expression, I could tell that what she really meant was if you don't get any money by the time you actually got your letter of acceptance, then forget it.) I like UM, I really do, but at this point, Its hard seeing myself paying full price (its a hard pill to swallow, $160,000.) I am kinda losing sleep over this. Any else feel the same about paying full price?

melaniec

Postby melaniec » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:17 pm

whooaaa really? i applied around january 15th and haven't heard a peep since. I hope I'm still able to get some scholarship $$...

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Andromeda160 wrote:I got the same letter in the mail today, just to remind us to stop by at their March thing. I'm going though, unless I have to work. I also visited UM, they have a recruiting office, I spoke with the lady in charge. She was nice but basically told me that if after your acceptance letter you don't receive any money within 2 weeks, then forget it (by the facial expression, I could tell that what she really meant was if you don't get any money by the time you actually got your letter of acceptance, then forget it.) I like UM, I really do, but at this point, Its hard seeing myself paying full price (its a hard pill to swallow, $160,000.) I am kinda losing sleep over this. Any else feel the same about paying full price?

I feel the same way. I got into LSU and Nebraska, schools with similar rank as UM, still waiting on some others. Miami would be a great place to live but the price...yikes.

lawschoolstudent85

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:12 am

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Visited other schools in the state, and I am sorry, but I just don't have the money or the attitude for Miami, probably withdrawing in a week or so, just to be sure, good luck kiddos!

rocker1487

Postby rocker1487 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:09 pm

A friend of mine is paying sticker for UM, 60k a year with interest. :shock:

tigerlilly17

Postby tigerlilly17 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Andromeda160 wrote:I got the same letter in the mail today, just to remind us to stop by at their March thing. I'm going though, unless I have to work. I also visited UM, they have a recruiting office, I spoke with the lady in charge. She was nice but basically told me that if after your acceptance letter you don't receive any money within 2 weeks, then forget it (by the facial expression, I could tell that what she really meant was if you don't get any money by the time you actually got your letter of acceptance, then forget it.) I like UM, I really do, but at this point, Its hard seeing myself paying full price (its a hard pill to swallow, $160,000.) I am kinda losing sleep over this. Any else feel the same about paying full price?

I do not want to pay full price. My mom works at UM and if I weren't married I could benefit from 75% off tuition. I really had my heart set on moving back to SoFlo to be closer to family and friends. North Florida has lost its charm, but no $$$ really only leaves FIU for me. But since I do not have Big Law aspirations (looking into public sector jobs), it may be for the best.

Unless FSU or UF have anything to say about it...they are taking their sweet time.

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:52 pm

tigerlilly17 wrote:

I do not want to pay full price. My mom works at UM and if I weren't married I could benefit from 75% off tuition. I really had my heart set on moving back to SoFlo to be closer to family and friends. North Florida has lost its charm, but no $$$ really only leaves FIU for me. But since I do not have Big Law aspirations (looking into public sector jobs), it may be for the best.

Unless FSU or UF have anything to say about it...they are taking their sweet time.

KafkaLover

Postby KafkaLover » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:54 pm

tigerlilly17 wrote:
Andromeda160 wrote: I do not want to pay full price. My mom works at UM and if I weren't married I could benefit from 75% off tuition. I really had my heart set on moving back to SoFlo to be closer to family and friends. North Florida has lost its charm, but no $$$ really only leaves FIU for me. But since I do not have Big Law aspirations (looking into public sector jobs), it may be for the best.

My parent also works at UM - however, it was my understanding that law students do not qualify for tuition remission. This is from the UM website:
COURSES EXCLUDED FOR TUITION REMISSION - Tuition remission is not available in the following:
- School of Law or School of Medicine
- Special programs including the Executive MBA....ect.

Please let me know if I am wrong, because that would very very likely guarantee that I would attend! :D

roguey

Postby roguey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:34 am

I just woke up to a nice message from Miami on Caneid. I've been accepted!!! Hopefully I either get a really good scholarship or accepted to the Miami Scholars Program. Either one would make me a very happy camper.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”