In at UMiami Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dhg5004

Bronze

Re: In at UMiami

Post by dhg5004 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:30 pm

My status changed to 'view admission documents' too. But I'm confused...I was on 'hold' (waitlisted) since March? Are you guys saying that we could be thrown on another waitlist?

If it was a rejection would it just flat out say that? And if it were an acceptance would it say that? Or do we all just need to wait on an email to hear if its a rejection/acceptance/waitlist?

I really don't understand why they'd waitlist me.....then waitlist me again.

odd.

thoughts?

weil

New

Post by weil » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:31 pm

on tues my status changed too view admission documents needed. Thought that would mean that i was in, but guess what i got this morning a rejection on my status checker. Was on hold since november. Unbelievable waited over 6 months to get rejected. Good luck to all still in it.

Temka

Bronze

Post by Temka » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:32 pm

wh3931110 wrote:My friend just called who is in a similar situation and was told something close to this:

If you are rejected or wait listed you should receive an email tomorrow... If you are accepted you will receive something in the mail.
That is interesting because when I was told about the email thing I never stated who I was, so that must mean that everyone was WL or rejected who had a status change today...

Sias

Bronze

Post by Sias » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:33 pm

weil wrote:on tues my status changed too view admission documents needed. Thought that would mean that i was in, but guess what i got this morning a rejection on my status checker. Was on hold since november. Unbelievable waited over 6 months to get rejected. Good luck to all still in it.
You were "held" and went directly to receiving a rejection? Or were you wait listed and then rejected?

hatteras1

New

Post by hatteras1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:37 pm

dhg5004 wrote:My status changed to 'view admission documents' too. But I'm confused...I was on 'hold' (waitlisted) since March? Are you guys saying that we could be thrown on another waitlist?

If it was a rejection would it just flat out say that? And if it were an acceptance would it say that? Or do we all just need to wait on an email to hear if its a rejection/acceptance/waitlist?

I really don't understand why they'd waitlist me.....then waitlist me again.

odd.

thoughts?
Based on everyone's experiences here, I believe being on 'hold' was a completely different list than the 'wait list,' even though both of these categories involve waiting longer for a decision. It seems as though they are reviewing those on hold first, making decisions (accepted, WL or denied), and then they will go to their wait list if they have any spots open after seat deposits are in. At least that is what I've gathered from the board/e-mails with the administration.

Good luck to you guys! I'm rooting for all of you still waiting!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Temka

Bronze

Post by Temka » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:42 pm

Just called again and was told that the school needs confirmation of my bachelors degree which I am finishing up right now and that I will have a new status on Monday

Guitarded

New

Post by Guitarded » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Same boat as everyone. "View Admissions Documents Needed"

dhg5004

Bronze

Post by dhg5004 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Based on everyone's experiences here, I believe being on 'hold' was a completely different list than the 'wait list,' even though both of these categories involve waiting longer for a decision. It seems as though they are reviewing those on hold first, making decisions (accepted, WL or denied), and then they will go to their wait list if they have any spots open after seat deposits are in. At least that is what I've gathered from the board/e-mails with the administration.

Good luck to you guys! I'm rooting for all of you still waiting!
Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up...this makes more sense...I guess.

The entire process is totally messed up. I haven't experienced this with any other school...and I know I have applied to schools that receive wayyy more applications every year than Miami. I'd give their admissions office a C- at best.
on tues my status changed too view admission documents needed. Thought that would mean that i was in, but guess what i got this morning a rejection on my status checker. Was on hold since november. Unbelievable waited over 6 months to get rejected. Good luck to all still in it.
that sucks man. i'm sorry to hear that. would you mind sharing your numbers though?

I swear to God if I were Hispanic I would be in already with a huge scholarship. Stupid URM b.s.

actorlaw

New

Post by actorlaw » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 pm

At this point, I really don't understand their reluctance to give a decision over the phone...

If the status checker has changed, they've obviously made a decision right? Or do people actually think they will burn the midnight oil fretting over whether to accept/waitlist/reject one of us?

The fact that they are giving some students decisions over the phone and telling others to wait for an email is ridiculous...

On a side note... they should change the background music we have to listen to when put on hold during a phone call. The loud jazz riffs and runs don't exactly calm the nerves when being put on hold 3 separate times during a phone call...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dhg5004

Bronze

Post by dhg5004 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:00 pm

I just called and spoke to a lamebrain. She could barely form sentences.

Anyway, she basically told me that I'd receive an email notifying me of my new status either tomorrow or Saturday. If it's another waitlist...I would 'most likely' hear by May 15th (deposit date).

This is so annoyinggggggg. And I don't get it either. My LSAT is their median. And I have great softs/personal statement/gpa.

But I'm not Hispanic/Mexican/Black.

bstrunk

New

Post by bstrunk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Just went "Admissions documents needed"

dhg5004

Bronze

Post by dhg5004 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm

btw hello actorlaw !!

I have noticed your profile many times on LSN because our numbers are almost identical. We both got rejected from Cardozo :( my number 1 choice!

anyways. hi

Sias

Bronze

Post by Sias » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Just got a wait list e-mail. Withdrawing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ford Prefect

Bronze

Post by Ford Prefect » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Sias wrote:Just got a wait list e-mail. Withdrawing.
Same thing.

wh3931110

New

Post by wh3931110 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 pm

just got the WL email... not happy after being on hold for so long

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:06 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Temka

Bronze

Post by Temka » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:06 pm

mdallavis wrote:
Sias wrote:Just got a wait list e-mail. Withdrawing.
Same thing.
+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dhg5004

Bronze

Post by dhg5004 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:07 pm

waitlist email. such bullshit.

cay9887

New

Post by cay9887 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Waitlist Email.... Kind of over it at this point. Santa Clara or Pacific Mcgeorge it is! Good luck everyone else!!

dhg5004

Bronze

Post by dhg5004 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Waitlist email... Withdrawing. This shows too much about the disorganization of the school... Good luck everyone!!!
agreed.

actorlaw

New

Post by actorlaw » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Did I really just spend 6 months being "on hold" to be placed on the waitlist?

So what? Are those of us who were "on hold" now on the Super Duper Waitlist?

Thanks for keeping it classy Miami.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:12 pm

actorlaw wrote:At this point, I really don't understand their reluctance to give a decision over the phone...

If the status checker has changed, they've obviously made a decision right? Or do people actually think they will burn the midnight oil fretting over whether to accept/waitlist/reject one of us?

The fact that they are giving some students decisions over the phone and telling others to wait for an email is ridiculous...

On a side note... they should change the background music we have to listen to when put on hold during a phone call. The loud jazz riffs and runs don't exactly calm the nerves when being put on hold 3 separate times during a phone call...

It really depends who you get when you call. Myself, and some others found out our decisions over the phone. However, when she told me my decision she kind of whispered it. So, my thoughts is that they're not really suppose to share but some staff give us a break and do it anyways.
weil wrote:on tues my status changed too view admission documents needed. Thought that would mean that i was in, but guess what i got this morning a rejection on my status checker. Was on hold since november. Unbelievable waited over 6 months to get rejected. Good luck to all still in it.
Sorry to hear Weil

dhg5004

Bronze

Post by dhg5004 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Did I really just spend 6 months being "on hold" to be placed on the waitlist?

So what? Are those of us who were "on hold" now on the Super Duper Waitlist?

Thanks for keeping it classy Miami.
LOL.

this made me laugh out loud. in my cubicle. at work. :)

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:16 pm

dhg5004 wrote: My thoughts exactly. I spoke to an admissions officer on Monday or Tuesday (she was a complete moron and couldn't wait to get off the phone with me) and she said I'd definitely hear by the end of the week.

It's the end of the week. If no action by tomorrow ... then I don't know what to think. This is becoming really annoying. Especially when my numbers are in their range. I was only waitlisted because I'm not a URM.

Does that piss anyone else off? I got rejected by Temple because I'm not black.

dhg5004 wrote:
that sucks man. i'm sorry to hear that. would you mind sharing your numbers though?

I swear to God if I were Hispanic I would be in already with a huge scholarship. Stupid URM b.s.

dhg5004, let's not get into an AA debate here.

dhg5004

Bronze

Post by dhg5004 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:19 pm

There is nothing to debate. It's a matter of fact.

I don't have a racist bone in my body. (i'm gay, dating a black guy) But the truth is being a URM will get in to any school before a white person.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”