In at UMiami

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
davsters
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby davsters » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:56 am

I don't believe name has anything to do with it. However, you never know. lol
I was one of the earlier ones admitted with an early status change. Last initial L.
Also, FWIW, acceptance letter arrived in the mail today (Dated 4/21)

goflmarlins
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby goflmarlins » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:57 am

Not to ruin your hope or anything but my last name is near the beginning (H) and a friend of mine is in the top 10 also and he is on hold.... I think they are basing their decisions on increasing their LSAT average (based on the reported stats of those admitted)

Guitarded
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Guitarded » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Oh well! It was fun while it lasted.

longroad
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby longroad » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 pm

i don't think name or LSAT score makes sense. my name is also in the first ten letters and my lsat score is higher than many people who have been accepted. LSAT x GPA combo won't make sense either.

Guitarded
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Guitarded » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:14 pm

I think my numbers are higher than a few that got accepted already too, if I remember correctly. 156/3.4

cay9887
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby cay9887 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:29 pm

I hope we all get in and all attend so we can meet this fall over drinks and laugh about how neurotic we've been through this cycle!

miss woods 2013
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby miss woods 2013 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:32 pm

cay9887 wrote:I hope we all get in and all attend so we can meet this fall over drinks and laugh about how neurotic we've been through this cycle!


AMEN! that would be great :D

Guitarded
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Guitarded » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:37 pm

cay9887 wrote:I hope we all get in and all attend so we can meet this fall over drinks and laugh about how neurotic we've been through this cycle!


I'll buy the first round! Good luck to everyone!

User avatar
bstrunk
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby bstrunk » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:45 pm

The Student Bar Association buys a keg at the campus bar every other Thursday....

Kwijiboe
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:00 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Kwijiboe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:49 pm

In off waitlist!

Sias
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Sias » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Kwijiboe wrote:In off waitlist!


In off wait list, or in off being held? If the former, I'm pretty sure you just made a few people's heads explode.

cay9887
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby cay9887 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Kwijiboe wrote:In off waitlist!




In off the waitlist or off hold? How did you find out?

cay9887
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby cay9887 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Sias wrote:
Kwijiboe wrote:In off waitlist!


In off wait list, or in off being held? If the former, I'm pretty sure you just made a few people's heads explode.





Very well said... my head is in mid-explosion.

Kwijiboe
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:00 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Kwijiboe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Got an email about a change in my application status. I was waitlisted in early March. The email directed me to check my CANEID Status, when I entered in my information--It told me I was admitted and gave me information about visiting and deposits.. first deposit is due on May 5th. Sorry, Excitement was to blame for my brevity.

Sorry to deliver to the news to the people who are still waiting to hear back. UMiami is now pulling from the waitlist.

User avatar
liquidsword
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby liquidsword » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:57 pm

withdrew with 23k/yr. hope a tls-er gets it.

cay9887
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby cay9887 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Kwijiboe wrote:Got an email about a change in my application status. I was waitlisted in early March. The email directed me to check my CANEID Status, when I entered in my information--It told me I was admitted and gave me information about visiting and deposits.. first deposit is due on May 5th. Sorry, Excitement was to blame for my brevity.

Sorry to deliver to the news to the people who are still waiting to hear back. UMiami is now pulling from the waitlist.




Sorry to be redundant. Were you waitlisted in march or did you receive a letter saying your file was on hold? Everyone on here waiting to here back has been in the hold category which is a little different than the waitlist

thanks a lot for your help

goflmarlins
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby goflmarlins » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:04 pm

stats?

If this is from the waitlist what does that mean for those of us still on hold? From what tls has said, hold is better than waitlist. So know I am more confused!!!!

User avatar
Gatriel
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Gatriel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:05 pm

Also in at UM via status checker day before yesterday

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby trialjunky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:06 pm

goflmarlins wrote:Not to ruin your hope or anything but my last name is near the beginning (H) and a friend of mine is in the top 10 also and he is on hold.... I think they are basing their decisions on increasing their LSAT average (based on the reported stats of those admitted)



I think its the opposite. I think they're filling out the GPA right now.

cay9887
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby cay9887 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:07 pm

trialjunky wrote:
goflmarlins wrote:Not to ruin your hope or anything but my last name is near the beginning (H) and a friend of mine is in the top 10 also and he is on hold.... I think they are basing their decisions on increasing their LSAT average (based on the reported stats of those admitted)



I think its the opposite. I think they're filling out the GPA right now.





Man, I hope so!

goflmarlins
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby goflmarlins » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:09 pm

well if it is based on gpa what is the gpa of those recently admitted?

My gpa is a 3.85 and I haven't heard anything

Kwijiboe
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:00 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Kwijiboe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:09 pm

I got a similar email in March telling me to check my CANEID status. Both emails did not offer specifics, but just directed me towards CANEID to see changes in my application status.

In March, my CANEID Status notified me of being waitlisted.

Today, my CANEID Status notified me of being accepted.

157, 3.1, Mexican-American

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby trialjunky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Kwijiboe wrote:Got an email about a change in my application status. I was waitlisted in early March. The email directed me to check my CANEID Status, when I entered in my information--It told me I was admitted and gave me information about visiting and deposits.. first deposit is due on May 5th. Sorry, Excitement was to blame for my brevity.

Sorry to deliver to the news to the people who are still waiting to hear back. UMiami is now pulling from the waitlist.


Congratulations!! Stats?


cay9887 wrote:
Sorry to be redundant. Were you waitlisted in march or did you receive a letter saying your file was on hold? Everyone on here waiting to here back has been in the hold category which is a little different than the waitlist

thanks a lot for your help


See large text - it's clear that he's from the wait list

miss woods 2013
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: In at UMiami

Postby miss woods 2013 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:10 pm

cay9887 wrote:
trialjunky wrote:
goflmarlins wrote:Not to ruin your hope or anything but my last name is near the beginning (H) and a friend of mine is in the top 10 also and he is on hold.... I think they are basing their decisions on increasing their LSAT average (based on the reported stats of those admitted)



I think its the opposite. I think they're filling out the GPA right now.





Man, I hope so!


Same here!!!!! That would be AWESOME. Mine is a 3.9+ but I've yet to hear anything.

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: In at UMiami

Postby trialjunky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:11 pm

trialjunky wrote:
goflmarlins wrote:Not to ruin your hope or anything but my last name is near the beginning (H) and a friend of mine is in the top 10 also and he is on hold.... I think they are basing their decisions on increasing their LSAT average (based on the reported stats of those admitted)



I think its the opposite. I think they're filling out the GPA right now.


Rescinding statement, lol

Perhaps, goflmarlins is right. They're looking for LSAT




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”