In at UMiami

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Alwaysmile618

Re: In at UMiami

Postby Alwaysmile618 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:33 pm

in today~

Status changed from no decision made to being accepted.

I got an e-mail that said your status has been changed so please check.
I was half asleep and then saw the humongous "congratulation~" as soon as I logged in.

Hope a lot of people got in today :)

Franco Columbu

Postby Franco Columbu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Congrats!

Mind sharing stats?

goflmarlins

Postby goflmarlins » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 pm

So what do you guys think is the chance for those still on the hold list??? What are the stats of those admitted today?

longroad

Postby longroad » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:41 pm

goflmarlins wrote:So what do you guys think is the chance for those still on the hold list??? What are the stats of those admitted today?

i thought everyone was in for bad news who did not hear good news this morning. it seems like i was wrong (thankfully) and that some people are going to get good news tomorrow morning. i am still on hold without any changes to my status checker. my numbers are as good or better than those who have been getting in and since it seems like people are getting good news tomorrow, i have to think those of us still on hold have a decent chance and they just haven't re-read out files for whatever reason. im really hoping there's still a shot. this cycle has been disheartening, and i would be a little ticked to not get into my top choice, especially after retaking the LSAT, and knowing my numbers are right there.

coventryglide

Postby coventryglide » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:14 pm

just updated to congratulations. i will be attending the U this fall! good luck everybody, i think many more of us are in for great news.

hatteras1

Postby hatteras1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Mine changed to Congratulations too! I'm booking my flight to go visit.

For the rest of the on-Holds, I think there is hope. myUM changed to "View Admissions Documents Needed" at around 4:00 today, and I saw the "Congratulations" page at about 6:45.

Wishing good news for everyone-- I know how it feels.

dp73816

Postby dp73816 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Still nothing - oh well. There's always tomorrow. I'm going to call at around 10 am and see what I can find out.

longroad

Postby longroad » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 pm

dp73816 wrote:Still nothing - oh well. There's always tomorrow. I'm going to call at around 10 am and see what I can find out.

excited to hear what they tell you. congrats to all who have heard and gotten in. can't imagine how it feels after this wait. i am praying for the rest of us!

Franco Columbu

Postby Franco Columbu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:30 pm

hatteras1 wrote:Mine changed to Congratulations too! I'm booking my flight to go visit.

For the rest of the on-Holds, I think there is hope. myUM changed to "View Admissions Documents Needed" at around 4:00 today, and I saw the "Congratulations" page at about 6:45.

Congrats! now you are free:)

dp73816

Postby dp73816 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:44 pm

To those who called and found out, a few questions:

What number did you call? (Main UM # or Admissions Office)

Who did you talk to?

And most importantly, how did you open the conversation?

When I called Wed., I started with the "Ive been on hold, and I was just calling to see the status of..." Not smart, I realize, but I wasnt sure of what else to say. I obviously received the "check online" treatment.

If anyone has any advice on a step-by-step basis that helped them reach the promised land, I would love to hear their input. Thanks!

hatteras1

Postby hatteras1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Franco Columbu wrote:
hatteras1 wrote:Mine changed to Congratulations too! I'm booking my flight to go visit.

Congrats! now you are free:)

Thank you! I hope to see the same for you very soon!

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 am

Congrats to all the new admits!! Hopefully, this "please check back Friday" batch will hear good news as well.

Also, I hate to say this but if you don't get off of hold you still have a shot. After the June 1st deposit their is some significant activity as well.

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 am

Did anyone get the letter from UM about this summer fellowship? If so, anyone applying?

matchesmalone

Postby matchesmalone » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:05 am

trialjunky wrote:Did anyone get the letter from UM about this summer fellowship? If so, anyone applying?

I got it about a month ago. I thought about applying, but ultimately decided not to and just enjoy the summer. If you are willing to invest the time, it sounds like a great program. Did you just get the letter? I thought the deadline had passed?

lawschool5523

Postby lawschool5523 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:17 am

trialjunky wrote:Did anyone get the letter from UM about this summer fellowship? If so, anyone applying?

I applied. Now I am just waiting to find out if I get in!

Franco Columbu

Postby Franco Columbu » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:22 am

Just called this morning, still no decision yet.

"It's gonna take a little more time"

Franco Columbu

Postby Franco Columbu » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 am

dp73816 wrote:To those who called and found out, a few questions:

Who did you talk to?

When I called Wed., I started with the "Ive been on hold, and I was just calling to see the status of..." Not smart, I realize, but I wasnt sure of what else to say. I obviously received the "check online" treatment.

If anyone has any advice on a step-by-step basis that helped them reach the promised land, I would love to hear their input. Thanks!

haha I'm sensing a little bit of OCD in this message :P I feel your pain bro. You might wanna relax and be a bit easier on yourself if you wanna survive another week.

Remember, trialjunky said it first, this might take as long as the June 1st deposit deadline.

If you're in she'll tell you, and if she says she doesn't know, it usually means she doesn't know. Let's not try too hard to read between the lines.

dp73816

Postby dp73816 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:42 am

Franco Columbu wrote:
dp73816 wrote:To those who called and found out, a few questions:

Who did you talk to?

haha I'm sensing a little bit of OCD in this message :P I feel your pain bro. You might wanna relax and be a bit easier on yourself if you wanna survive another week.

Remember, trialjunky said it first, this might take as long as the June 1st deposit deadline.

If you're in she'll tell you, and if she says she doesn't know, it usually means she doesn't know. Let's not try too hard to read between the lines.

I'm fine man, just want to cover all of my bases. I'm extremely bored at work, so outlining the best plan of action possible is simply a time-killer.

But anyways, I called, said I called Wed. and was told to call back today, and she looked my stuff up for me. She told me I had not been reviewed as of yet, and was still in the hold category (ie had not been moved to WL). So obviously, still hope.

wh3931110

Postby wh3931110 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:07 am

I debated posting this because I know everytime this thread jumps to the top I click on it like, "yes there is movement!!!!" but I am only posting to say I called and they said they are in the process of reviewing the holds and that decisions will come out today through next week -- so basically I have no helpful information

miss woods 2013

Postby miss woods 2013 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:17 am

I completely understand as I'm in the same boat. Just called and nothing yet, I'm still on hold. Even though I was told to check back Friday, she now told me to keep checking, that maybe it would be Monday. I'm wondering if it's alphabetical? My name is towards the end of the alphabet...trying to hold onto any hope at this point :)

Guitarded

Postby Guitarded » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:24 am

miss woods 2013 wrote:I completely understand as I'm in the same boat. Just called and nothing yet, I'm still on hold. Even though I was told to check back Friday, she now told me to keep checking, that maybe it would be Monday. I'm wondering if it's alphabetical? My name is towards the end of the alphabet...trying to hold onto any hope at this point :)

Same here. Status is still the same. My name is also towards the end of the alphabet.

I hope today is the day so I can enjoy this weekend.

actorlaw

Postby actorlaw » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 am

I'm toward the end of the alphabet and still waiting too...

Trend?

cay9887

Postby cay9887 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:51 am

Whoo hoo... let's hope that this IS the trend. My last name is with a Y. It continues to screw me over! Good luck to everyone still waiting! Any news on the last names of those admitted?!

Danger

Postby Danger » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:53 am

I am in the same boat, initials are SS. The question is whether anyone who's last name is close to the end of the alphabet got a decision yet.

Sias

Postby Sias » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:55 am

haha, sorry guys, I'm on hold and no word yet--last name starts with "C"

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”