In at UMiami Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Franco Columbu

New

Re: In at UMiami

Post by Franco Columbu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 am

Toyo1 wrote:Just called the admissions office. Her response was "No decision has been made".
I got the same answer from her. But she told me its because I applied late. When did you apply?

goflmarlins

New

Post by goflmarlins » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:59 am

I don't think calling will help if your myUM status hasn't changed... I applied in December and I still I am waiting. I'm hoping that today is not the only day they are accepting people and that people will continue to withdraw!!!

Toyo1

New

Post by Toyo1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:08 pm

I applied Late December. She didn't tell me to call back on Friday :(.

Franco Columbu

New

Post by Franco Columbu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Toyo1 wrote:I applied Late December. She didn't tell me to call back on Friday :(.
Don't worry Toyo1, based on how many people have yet to hear back, it seems that the people who have been accepted recently could be the first of many to come. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.

goflmarlins

New

Post by goflmarlins » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:22 pm

For people who have heard back were you on hold or on the waitlist? Did you find out by phone or did you notice a change on the myUM site? If you noticed a change, around what time did it change? Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

davsters

New

Post by davsters » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:27 pm

goflmarlins wrote:For people who have heard back were you on hold or on the waitlist? Did you find out by phone or did you notice a change on the myUM site? If you noticed a change, around what time did it change? Thanks!
MyUM status changed sometime yesterday morning before noon. Was not notified by phone. Proactively called the UM office to find out about the change of status on myUM. myUM status went from "view admissions letter" to "Admissions documents needed"
Last edited by davsters on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franco Columbu

New

Post by Franco Columbu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:31 pm

If you were on hold and your MyUM status has changed recently, then you should start getting excited.

Otherwise you are still in the same boat as everyone else waiting patiently until Friday or maybe next week.

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm

goflmarlins wrote:For people who have heard back were you on hold or on the waitlist? Did you find out by phone or did you notice a change on the myUM site? If you noticed a change, around what time did it change? Thanks!
mine changed, I called, they said congrats.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:54 pm

davsters wrote:
kar06c@gmail.com wrote:I called and they said I'm in!! Thanks for the advice!! :D
Me too!!! I called and she told me!! :)

You're welcome, Congratulations!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Franco Columbu wrote:If you were on hold and your MyUM status has changed recently, then you should start getting excited.

Otherwise you are still in the same boat as everyone else waiting patiently until Friday or maybe next week.

I dont know if this applies, but when I called and was advised that I was in she told me that Friday was when myUM would change and show the congratulation letter. She may be indicating that you may have good news on Friday!

Franco Columbu

New

Post by Franco Columbu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:09 pm

trialjunky wrote:
Franco Columbu wrote:If you were on hold and your MyUM status has changed recently, then you should start getting excited.

I dont know if this applies, but when I called and was advised that I was in she told me that Friday was when myUM would change and show the congratulation letter. She may be indicating that you may have good news on Friday!
I see what you're saying. But in that case it applies both ways, maybe it means I will be getting bad news on Friday... only time will tell.
but thanks for the positive support anyways.

LoveSaltLife

New

Post by LoveSaltLife » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 pm

my status just changed to 'admissions documents needed' and when i called she told me nothing is missing but she didn't tell me i am in. so perhaps it's not a good thing to have your status change.

158/3.6 btw

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm

LoveSaltLife wrote:my status just changed to 'admissions documents needed' and when i called she told me nothing is missing but she didn't tell me i am in. so perhaps it's not a good thing to have your status change.

158/3.6 btw

URM?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LoveSaltLife

New

Post by LoveSaltLife » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm

trialjunky wrote:
LoveSaltLife wrote:my status just changed to 'admissions documents needed' and when i called she told me nothing is missing but she didn't tell me i am in. so perhaps it's not a good thing to have your status change.

158/3.6 btw

URM?
nope

snakebones

New

Post by snakebones » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 pm

158/3.6 btw

How long have you been on hold?

Toyo1

New

Post by Toyo1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Crossing my fingers hoping that they just haven't gotten around to my application.

hoyasaxon

New

Post by hoyasaxon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:37 pm

i applied the last day of March, file was compelte april 2nd; accepted today, via email link, less than three weeks for a decision

withdrew a few hours ago, sent in an email

just looked at my U of M app on LSAC, I mistakenly attached my "why I would like to go to school X" instead of a general personal statement.....it looks like U of M is strictly going by the numbers here, and the "we cant decide bc you were late" probably doesnt apply....

163/3.8 non urm

good luck guys

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:27 pm

hoyasaxon wrote:i applied the last day of March, file was compelte april 2nd; accepted today, via email link, less than three weeks for a decision

withdrew a few hours ago, sent in an email

just looked at my U of M app on LSAC, I mistakenly attached my "why I would like to go to school X" instead of a general personal statement.....it looks like U of M is strictly going by the numbers here, and the "we cant decide bc you were late" probably doesnt apply....

163/3.8 non urm

good luck guys
I disagree. You had good enough numbers to get an autoadmit for UMiami. However, quite a few splitters got in (myself included).

hoyasaxon

New

Post by hoyasaxon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:31 pm

trialjunky,

point taken...i didnt know what their autoadmit numbers were

CKuleba

New

Post by CKuleba » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Admissions status changed to "Admissions documents needed"

Called - She told me I was admitted "but not supposed to say anything"

! :D

law333

New

Post by law333 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:53 pm

CKuleba ... Did it change today?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm

CKuleba wrote:Admissions status changed to "Admissions documents needed"

Called - She told me I was admitted "but not supposed to say anything"

! :D

Oooh, congrats! I'm thinking everyone whose docs changed today got in. I don't believe their dumping from the waitlist yet.

Toyo1

New

Post by Toyo1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Is there actually a waitlist or was everyone just moved into the "hold" category?

LoveSaltLife

New

Post by LoveSaltLife » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:10 pm

snakebones wrote:

158/3.6 btw

How long have you been on hold?
haha thats the funny part...late october

lawschoolgiant

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgiant » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:11 pm

There is a waitlist, but the acceptances are coming from hold.

I feel that I got in with lower scores than a lot (156, 3.01) non-urm.

I really think LOR's from close professors, and a strong personal statement made all the difference.

I also sent LOCI if people are interested.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”