In at UMiami Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
longroad

New

Re: In at UMiami

Post by longroad » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:44 pm

snakebones wrote:this sucks.......nobody heard anything today???
nada...if they were rejecting all of us, they could have done that easily today. so i take this as good news (for some of us)

CKuleba

New

Post by CKuleba » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:46 pm

I have to think that they've offered all of their available acceptances as of yet and are waiting until May 5 to see who sends in their deposit or not. (pure speculation)

Kwijiboe

New

Post by Kwijiboe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Any admitted students know how to gain access to the admitted students website? It asks for a username and password and I am having trouble finding out where to access that information.

hatteras1

New

Post by hatteras1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Kwijiboe wrote:Any admitted students know how to gain access to the admitted students website? It asks for a username and password and I am having trouble finding out where to access that information.
+1... this information might be in the snail mail packet but I haven't received that yet.

longroad

New

Post by longroad » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:01 pm

CKuleba wrote:I have to think that they've offered all of their available acceptances as of yet and are waiting until May 5 to see who sends in their deposit or not. (pure speculation)
yeah i think you are probably spot on, which is fine. iv got plenty of time to wait, especially if i get the nod.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ManUdevil

New

Post by ManUdevil » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Kwijiboe wrote:Any admitted students know how to gain access to the admitted students website? It asks for a username and password and I am having trouble finding out where to access that information.
I got an email letting me know what my user name was...I believe it is what will eventually be our UM email address (firstinitiallastname@law.miami.edu). Your password is your student number. If you don't know it you can find it by clicking on the "View UM ID Number" link on the right side of the main MyUM page. For your password, the "C" in front of your ID number should be lowercase.

Hope this helps.

hatteras1

New

Post by hatteras1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 pm

ManUdevil wrote:
I got an email letting me know what my user name was...I believe it is what will eventually be our UM email address (firstinitiallastname@law.miami.edu). Your password is your student number. If you don't know it you can find it by clicking on the "View UM ID Number" link on the right side of the main MyUM page. For your password, the "C" in front of your ID number should be lowercase.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much! That is exactly the information I needed!

DaLilMan

New

Post by DaLilMan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 am

Hey guys i was on hold till today, for some reason my status changed to "view admissions documents needed"? Has this happened to anyone else?

Guitarded

New

Post by Guitarded » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:58 am

Should mean you're in! That's what everyone on hold last week got when they were admitted. Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:31 am

DaLilMan wrote:Hey guys i was on hold till today, for some reason my status changed to "view admissions documents needed"? Has this happened to anyone else?
Grats!
goflmarlins wrote:No status change.

But for those waiting for scholarships, I doubt they will come. They would only give scholarships to those they accepted right away and as has been previously posted, all the money was gone over two months ago.

So with that being said, if you want to withdraw, WITHDRAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People want those spots!
Lmao, tell people how you REALLY feel.
CKuleba wrote:I have to think that they've offered all of their available acceptances as of yet and are waiting until May 5 to see who sends in their deposit or not. (pure speculation)
Why May 15? If I'm not mistaken the next deposit is June 1st.

longroad

New

Post by longroad » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 am

DaLilMan wrote:Hey guys i was on hold till today, for some reason my status changed to "view admissions documents needed"? Has this happened to anyone else?
yeah ur def in. congrats! mind sharing your numbers?

mine is still the hold letter

snakebones

New

Post by snakebones » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 am

longroad wrote:
yeah ur def in. congrats! mind sharing your numbers?

mine is still the hold letter
Yup, your in, congrats........mine is still the hold letter too :? Also when were originally put on hold?

dhg5004

Bronze

Post by dhg5004 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:17 am

So I was put on hold in March sometime...and they said they'd let me know prior to April 30th. That's what the 'admissions decision letter' still says. It's almost April 30th...has anyone else been told this? Or anything similar? This is getting annoying!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hatteras1

New

Post by hatteras1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:34 am

trialjunky wrote:
Grats!

But for those waiting for scholarships, I doubt they will come. They would only give scholarships to those they accepted right away and as has been previously posted, all the money was gone over two months ago.

So with that being said, if you want to withdraw, WITHDRAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People want those spots!
I was one of the ones admitted from hold last week, and our first deposit is due May 7 or May 14. Maybe that has something to do with it?

actorlaw

New

Post by actorlaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:37 am

so people are still getting in from on hold this week?

awesome! i was beginning to think they would send a mass email on friday rejecting/waitlisting every that was left...

davsters

New

Post by davsters » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:51 am

hatteras1 wrote:
trialjunky wrote:
Grats!

I was one of the ones admitted from hold last week, and our first deposit is due May 7 or May 14. Maybe that has something to do with it?
I was admitted last week.
Deadlines according to my letter are:
1st deposit: May 5
2nd deposit: June 1

yanib13

New

Post by yanib13 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:12 pm

um mine changed to view admissions documents needed too..i jus checked it..
i'm a urm by the way.. i was put on hold back in february

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

goflmarlins

New

Post by goflmarlins » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:18 pm

What are your stats?

yanib13

New

Post by yanib13 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:20 pm

150/3.5

cay9887

New

Post by cay9887 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:21 pm

yanib13 wrote:um mine changed to view admissions documents needed too..i jus checked it..
i'm a urm by the way.. i was put on hold back in february

Congrats!! Did yours just change today, or have you not checked it recently?

yanib13

New

Post by yanib13 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:22 pm

I checked it last week and nothing had changed.. I didnt check yesterday b/c they were frustrating me..
so i jus decided to check it today and thats what it said!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

weil

New

Post by weil » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Hey Guys so my status just changed as well to "admissions documents are needed" and i called up admissions and they wouldnt tell me if i got in or not but the lady said that i would get an email by the 29th and to wait on that? Do you guys think im accepted as everyone else who got this status so far has been accepted? Had anybody else who had been accepted get an email a few days later? on hold since december hope i get in!

actorlaw

New

Post by actorlaw » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Weil, gut reaction is that you are in...

However, based on admissions' cryptic response... Who knows?

At this point, could the status change also mean waitlist? Has anyone who has been waitlisted gotten the status change? Or is a status change a definite admit? Even at this point?

hatteras1

New

Post by hatteras1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:10 pm

When mine changed last week, it took about two hours for it to switch to "Congratulations." Check again this evening, it might change. Hope it is good news!

dhg5004

Bronze

Post by dhg5004 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 pm

this may be a stupid question but...where on their site do u check your status? i clicked on 'view admissions decision letter' and there is just a letter from the Dean saying i'm on hold and they will make a decision prior to April 30th. Is there an actualy status check button? Like all the other schools? (except Brooklyns i HATE their system)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”