Florida State 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
melicopter
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby melicopter » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 pm

HazelEyes wrote:
Bulls wrote:
delnotdl wrote:So no good news from the new DLIT group? I went to Under Review on Friday and DLIT on Tuesday but still no phone call so I guess I'm screwed... 163/3.05


Seems like no news at all, but in this situation I'm pretty sure no news is bad news..


Yea, seems like we're all slightly weak apps, either weak LSATs or weak GPAs. :(
Maybe they decided to keep us in suspense?

Anyone wanna call and beg them to release the answer?



I tried that.. the slightly rude secretary said that she couldnt release decisions over the phone.. she sent me to the voicemail of an admissions officer and i left a message but that was an hour and a half ago. they also dont let you go there to find out.. nice FSU Law.. thanks a lot

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby gatorlion » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:33 pm

melicopter wrote:
HazelEyes wrote:
Bulls wrote:
delnotdl wrote:So no good news from the new DLIT group? I went to Under Review on Friday and DLIT on Tuesday but still no phone call so I guess I'm screwed... 163/3.05


Seems like no news at all, but in this situation I'm pretty sure no news is bad news..


Yea, seems like we're all slightly weak apps, either weak LSATs or weak GPAs. :(
Maybe they decided to keep us in suspense?

Anyone wanna call and beg them to release the answer?



I tried that.. the slightly rude secretary said that she couldnt release decisions over the phone.. she sent me to the voicemail of an admissions officer and i left a message but that was an hour and a half ago. they also dont let you go there to find out.. nice FSU Law.. thanks a lot


My guess is you'll be WL like the rest of us, though I think I certainly take the award for "Obvious Bias Against a Gator Alum."

Applied 10/17
Held 1/8
WL 4/23

Acceptances to Colorado, UF, and UC Davis. WL'ed at UVA, WM, GW, UIUC, Iowa, Indiana, American.

User avatar
rcharles
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby rcharles » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:39 pm

gatorlion wrote:
My guess is you'll be WL like the rest of us, though I think I certainly take the award for "Obvious Bias Against a Gator Alum."

Applied 10/17
Held 1/8
WL 4/23

Acceptances to Colorado, UF, and UC Davis. WL'ed at UVA, WM, GW, UIUC, Iowa, Indiana, American.


If that were the case than why wouldn't the DLITers status have changed on the status checker to "waitlist" as it did for some of the others that went under review at the same time?

brandolphsmith
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby brandolphsmith » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:45 pm

rcharles wrote:
gatorlion wrote:
My guess is you'll be WL like the rest of us, though I think I certainly take the award for "Obvious Bias Against a Gator Alum."

Applied 10/17
Held 1/8
WL 4/23

Acceptances to Colorado, UF, and UC Davis. WL'ed at UVA, WM, GW, UIUC, Iowa, Indiana, American.


If that were the case than why wouldn't the DLITers status have changed on the status checker to "waitlist" as it did for some of the others that went under review at the same time?


Agreed. This is a yay or nay vote. We'll see.

Bulls
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Bulls » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:48 pm

rcharles wrote:
gatorlion wrote:
My guess is you'll be WL like the rest of us, though I think I certainly take the award for "Obvious Bias Against a Gator Alum."

Applied 10/17
Held 1/8
WL 4/23

Acceptances to Colorado, UF, and UC Davis. WL'ed at UVA, WM, GW, UIUC, Iowa, Indiana, American.


If that were the case than why wouldn't the DLITers status have changed on the status checker to "waitlist" as it did for some of the others that went under review at the same time?


+1

User avatar
HazelEyes
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby HazelEyes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 pm

No mail today. :(

GTLAWSCHOOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Seat deposit paid...... wow that felt good. Good luck everyone still awaiting their letters.

User avatar
rcharles
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby rcharles » Sat May 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Just got the letter. Rejection. I hope it's a different letter for the rest of you. :(

Bulls
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Bulls » Sat May 01, 2010 5:56 pm

rcharles wrote:Just got the letter. Rejection. I hope it's a different letter for the rest of you. :(


Same. I'll be putting down a deposit for Test Masters soon.

ppping
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby ppping » Sat May 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Rejected also, off to the University of Miami or Nova. Best of luck to everyone else.

User avatar
HazelEyes
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby HazelEyes » Sat May 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Bulls wrote:
rcharles wrote:Just got the letter. Rejection. I hope it's a different letter for the rest of you. :(


Same. I'll be putting down a deposit for Test Masters soon.

I didn't check my mail yet, but I know it's the same. I think i'm going to take another prep class. Took PowerScore and thought it was horrible, might try Kaplan this time round.

Unless I get off American's waitlist... :)

User avatar
as stars burn
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby as stars burn » Sat May 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Was deferred and rejected as of today.

Oh well, I didn't want to go to FSU anyway =D

likewoahh
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby likewoahh » Sat May 01, 2010 10:57 pm

aw im sorry guys, but at least you have received your responses!! i live literally across the street from the law school and still have not received my letter yet! I have to call them on monday bc i legit had to vacate the premises on saturday (after the mail lady came).

User avatar
horriblegb
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby horriblegb » Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm

My mom called me yesterday evening to let me know that there is a letter from FSU at our house and to call her if she wants me to open t, I just don't see the point. Congrats to everyone who got in and will be attending FSU in the fall, I will be much further North!

User avatar
SAOJD10
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby SAOJD10 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Soooooo whose in my group still (UR 4/23)??

JJWAL
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby JJWAL » Mon May 03, 2010 4:34 pm

.
Last edited by JJWAL on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Buc12
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Buc12 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Still UR (4/23) the wait continues...

User avatar
SAOJD10
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby SAOJD10 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Yeah i wonder what they are gonna do with us still under review, I mean why just not waitlist us? Im not complaining (i could be rejected) I would just like to know my immediate future

procrastinator
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:19 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby procrastinator » Thu May 06, 2010 12:45 pm

In off the waitlist today with a phone call and a one-time 5k scholly! I really wasn't expecting that!

lawschoolapplicantuf
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby lawschoolapplicantuf » Thu May 06, 2010 1:46 pm

procrastinator wrote:In off the waitlist today with a phone call and a one-time 5k scholly! I really wasn't expecting that!


Same here. Very excited and appreciative. Good luck to those still waiting - only 48hrs to respond so I'm sure not all will bite.

procrastinator
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:19 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby procrastinator » Thu May 06, 2010 2:05 pm

They told you 48 hours? They gave me until May 21st, lol.

lawschoolapplicantuf
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby lawschoolapplicantuf » Thu May 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure they said 48 hrs... definitely says it on my status checker though. What the hell? Glad you think it's funny... enjoy your generous deliberation period!

Did you get an email yet?

procrastinator
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:19 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby procrastinator » Thu May 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem as though I were laughing at your expense. Haven't gotten the email yet, although she said it would come (as well as some snail mail).

edit:// also, my status checker doesn't indicate any due dates, just says "Decision letter sent by mail."

User avatar
jaxangler
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby jaxangler » Thu May 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Just got in with 10k. Also have until the 21st to decide.

brandolphsmith
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby brandolphsmith » Thu May 06, 2010 3:06 pm

jaxangler wrote:Just got in with 10k. Also have until the 21st to decide.


Just curious, how are the notifications coming through?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”