Florida State 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
delnotdl
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby delnotdl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:37 am

boardride23 wrote:
nbart wrote:Anyone else out there still stuck at "Application Complete" on their status?


Me, but I also applied in March.



I've been "Application Complete" since early Feb. Sent an email over the other day and they said that it can take between 2-3 months to review an application from the time it goes complete. They finished the email up by saying that it could be another month before they notify me of my decision. Really hoping that I hear from them before April 15 seat deposit deadlines, but either way if I get the call from FSU I'll be heading to Tallahassee for the next 3 years.

User avatar
horriblegb
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby horriblegb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:24 pm

delnotdl wrote:
boardride23 wrote:
nbart wrote:Anyone else out there still stuck at "Application Complete" on their status?


Me, but I also applied in March.



I've been "Application Complete" since early Feb. Sent an email over the other day and they said that it can take between 2-3 months to review an application from the time it goes complete. They finished the email up by saying that it could be another month before they notify me of my decision. Really hoping that I hear from them before April 15 seat deposit deadlines, but either way if I get the call from FSU I'll be heading to Tallahassee for the next 3 years.


I know we are nearing the end of the cycle, but fyi, I was application complete until the day before the 3 month mark, at which point I was held, so basically heard nothing, patience is a virtue I have not attained, I hope for quicker responses for all you guys!

User avatar
boardride23
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby boardride23 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:24 pm

I via phone call! I was shaking I was so excited... the best of luck to everyone still waiting!

msv5010
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby msv5010 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:25 pm

Status just changed to DLIT after being on hold for almost a month. Not sure what to expect. 162 3.4.

User avatar
southerngrace
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby southerngrace » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Went "Under Review" yesterday, and DLIT today. Crazy.

Anyone who went DLIT last Friday, were there acceptances or are they sending out all WL and rejections while they hold potential admits?? I am a FL res who did part of my undergrad at FSU and took on numerous leadership roles while there, but I feel like I am gong to be WL or reject for some reason ...

User avatar
southerngrace
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby southerngrace » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:36 pm

boardride23 wrote:I via phone call! I was shaking I was so excited... the best of luck to everyone still waiting!


Did your status checker ever change from "complete?"

makingasnack
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby makingasnack » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:37 pm

In via phone call as well (voicemail message, actually). I was part of the 3/15 hold category.

User avatar
boardride23
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby boardride23 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:38 pm

southerngrace wrote:
boardride23 wrote:I via phone call! I was shaking I was so excited... the best of luck to everyone still waiting!


Did your status checker ever change from "complete?"


I don't think so, it was unchanged last night... didn't check yet today when I got the call. Though it is number one for me, being out of state, I'll have a tough decision if no scholarship money is involved.... ($$$ at Loyola and $$ at USD)

User avatar
boardride23
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby boardride23 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:39 pm

msv5010 wrote:Status just changed to DLIT after being on hold for almost a month. Not sure what to expect. 162 3.4.


I'm thinking you're in.... good luck :D

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby mango26 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 pm

boardride23 wrote:
southerngrace wrote:
boardride23 wrote:I via phone call! I was shaking I was so excited... the best of luck to everyone still waiting!


Did your status checker ever change from "complete?"


I don't think so, it was unchanged last night... didn't check yet today when I got the call. Though it is number one for me, being out of state, I'll have a tough decision if no scholarship money is involved.... ($$$ at Loyola and $$ at USD)


congrats on your acceptance! i am also out of state and have $$ from loyola, but i'm pretty positive i'll be at fsu.

K22
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:45 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby K22 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Those of you who received a phone call today: When did your status change to decision made?

boardride23 wrote:I via phone call! I was shaking I was so excited... the best of luck to everyone still waiting!

msv5010
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby msv5010 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Just got the call. I'm in! "Decision made" some time early today.

Tuyarp
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Tuyarp » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Congrats to all the new admits today! Good luck to those who are still waiting!

User avatar
southerngrace
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby southerngrace » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Just got the call!! A recap for OCD people like myself:

Applied 3/7
Complete 3/18
UR Yesterday
DLIT Today

Lsat101
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Lsat101 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Congrats to everyone. I'm still on hold with a 3.3/160, getting impatient

j32f
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby j32f » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Congrats all admits! :D

I am pretty sure I'll be at FSU next year

Tuyarp
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Tuyarp » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Where did you do your undergrad, j32f? I'm wondering if we went to the same school (I'm assuming you did your undergrad in Texas).

j32f
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby j32f » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm a senior at A&M

Tuyarp
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Tuyarp » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Oh, never mind.

j32f
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby j32f » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Where'd you go?

Tuyarp
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Tuyarp » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Texas. I'm looking forward to discussing Big 12 sports with you next fall.

j32f
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby j32f » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Hah, definitely. That far from Texas, I'll prolly settle for talking to a tea sipper :wink:

Usernamepassword
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Usernamepassword » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Any current students able to weigh in... I read on the site that students are required to have a floppy disk drive to take exams. Did you buy an external floppy disk drive? That seems so bizarre to me. Or do certain laptops come with them?

User avatar
ScndCareertyme
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby ScndCareertyme » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:47 pm

I recently sent in an addendum about service/community work that was not included on the app. sent app 1/16? complete soon after, Hold 3/15 still there... uuuuuughhhhh 160/3.4 I hate bringing up the end of the cycle like this@@#$@!

ram jam
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby ram jam » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:52 pm

In at FSU via phone call. On hold for 3 months. Definitely a game changer for me. Good luck to all!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Imago Loop, jstans, Photomike2, Pugnax, q2w3e, tlee13 and 13 guests