Florida State 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby lawduder » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:27 pm

dancer330 wrote:Has everyone who's been accepted received a phone call? And does it always come before your status changes and before you get the letter (I'm pretty sure I read on here that FSU sends decisions by snail mail and not e-mail, but I could be wrong)?

My phone call came two days after my status changed.

User avatar
bqaggieboy09
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby bqaggieboy09 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:27 pm

I've been complete since 12/4. Ugh, when will I finally go into review??

highdraws
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby highdraws » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:34 pm

anyone planning on going to the scholars day on feb. 26th?

User avatar
iShotFirst
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby iShotFirst » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Does anyone know anything about scholarships? I was asked to submit an application for a various number of scholarships including merit, diversity, state govt interest, etc. Sent that in before the deadline of February 1st. Haven't heard anything about when they might let people know the outcomes, anyone have any idea?

lawschoolstudent85
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:30 pm

.
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ram jam
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby ram jam » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 pm

bqaggieboy09 wrote:I've been complete since 12/4. Ugh, when will I finally go into review??



Wait.... I have been complete for over a month, and I still have to go through "review"... Cannot be true.

Can anyone verify this?

User avatar
TheSituation
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby TheSituation » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm still at complete 12/4 too.

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby jlnoa0915 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:05 pm

ram jam wrote:
bqaggieboy09 wrote:I've been complete since 12/4. Ugh, when will I finally go into review??



Wait.... I have been complete for over a month, and I still have to go through "review"... Cannot be true.

Can anyone verify this?


I went into review for about a week before getting admitted

roxbury16
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby roxbury16 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:40 pm

review period is very fast. mine went into review probably 4 or 5 days before it changed to "decision has been mailed." I was terrified because I thought I didn't get in because everyone told me they received phone calls..but then I got an e-mail later that day and also a phone call 2 days later.

j32f
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby j32f » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:37 pm

Well, my application went complete as of this afternoon. And the wait continues.

User avatar
DexMorgan3
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby DexMorgan3 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:21 am

Sent: 1/19
Complete: 1/22
Decision mailed: 2/4

Still no phone call or anything yet. Out of state, low LSAT (<160) and GPA:3.62

Really hope to get in here. Ivy league graduate, many awards, prestigious experiences. non-urm. out of school for 1 year.

thoughts? I'm starting to think it's a rejection...

roxbury16
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby roxbury16 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am

I hope you get in, FSU is really into the numbers..If you don't mind me asking, are you top 150's? So far, I have only talked to people who have been accepted with 160+. However, last year I know people who got in with 158 and up.

married0L
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby married0L » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:42 am

Where is the scholarship application online? I was accepted at the end of January and cannot find the application.

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby scribelaw » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 am

DexMorgan3 wrote:Sent: 1/19
Complete: 1/22
Decision mailed: 2/4

Still no phone call or anything yet. Out of state, low LSAT (<160) and GPA:3.62

Really hope to get in here. Ivy league graduate, many awards, prestigious experiences. non-urm. out of school for 1 year.

thoughts? I'm starting to think it's a rejection...


Assuming you have a 158 or 159, I'm going to predict in. That's a good GPA and I'm sure FSU doesn't get Ivies that frequently.

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby mango26 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:42 am

married0L wrote:Where is the scholarship application online? I was accepted at the end of January and cannot find the application.


+1

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby lawduder » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:49 am

mango26 wrote:
married0L wrote:Where is the scholarship application online? I was accepted at the end of January and cannot find the application.


+1

It's not online, they invite you to fill it out via email.

ram jam wrote:
bqaggieboy09 wrote:I've been complete since 12/4. Ugh, when will I finally go into review??



Wait.... I have been complete for over a month, and I still have to go through "review"... Cannot be true.

Can anyone verify this?



I wouldn't worry about not being "under review"... I went straight from "complete" to "decision."

j32f
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby j32f » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:19 pm

I've been complete since 12/4. Ugh, when will I finally go into review??


BQ you go to A&M I take it?

User avatar
DexMorgan3
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby DexMorgan3 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:33 pm

scribelaw wrote:
DexMorgan3 wrote:Sent: 1/19
Complete: 1/22
Decision mailed: 2/4

Still no phone call or anything yet. Out of state, low LSAT (<160) and GPA:3.62

Really hope to get in here. Ivy league graduate, many awards, prestigious experiences. non-urm. out of school for 1 year.

thoughts? I'm starting to think it's a rejection...


Assuming you have a 158 or 159, I'm going to predict in. That's a good GPA and I'm sure FSU doesn't get Ivies that frequently.




Awesome, I'm hopeful.

User avatar
SAOJD10
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby SAOJD10 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:09 am

Applied 1/5 Complete 1/15........what is the average time that it takes to go under review. My numbers arent auto-admit

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby gatorlion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:45 am

DexMorgan3 wrote:
scribelaw wrote:
DexMorgan3 wrote:Sent: 1/19
Complete: 1/22
Decision mailed: 2/4

Still no phone call or anything yet. Out of state, low LSAT (<160) and GPA:3.62

Really hope to get in here. Ivy league graduate, many awards, prestigious experiences. non-urm. out of school for 1 year.

thoughts? I'm starting to think it's a rejection...


Assuming you have a 158 or 159, I'm going to predict in. That's a good GPA and I'm sure FSU doesn't get Ivies that frequently.


Awesome, I'm hopeful.


Idk I've been on hold since 1/8 with better numbers (158/4.0) and acceptances to better schools already...

Edit: According to LSN, the only person to gain admission with similar numbers has been URM (158/3.71); all others have been rejections (i.e. 158/3.6).

married0L
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby married0L » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:26 pm

I would think your 4.0 would get you some serious offers from schools in the 35-50 range (including FSU in there). If you want to go to FSU, I wouldn't give up on them yet.

ram jam
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby ram jam » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Anyone else tempted to call and ask why your app is still "application complete" status with auto-admit numbers?

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Midnight Rider » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:59 pm

I submitted back at the end of January, app complete last week. I'll update when the status changes

+1 for time between complete and reviewed from anyone else who heard back

Johngalt7385
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Johngalt7385 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Those of you who have been accepted, how long did it take to receive the email about financial aid? I got in a couple weeks ago and I have not received it yet.

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby lawduder » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Johngalt7385 wrote:Those of you who have been accepted, how long did it take to receive the email about financial aid? I got in a couple weeks ago and I have not received it yet.

I got the phone call on 1/22 and the merit aid form via email on 1/25.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brinicolec, Long shot hero, mike90018, potatocowpower, Purple Post It Note and 12 guests