Florida State 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lily

New

Re: Florida State 2010

Post by Lily » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Hey, y'all. Just checking in to welcome you to FSU College of Law! Feel free to message me if you have any questions about Tally. I am class of 2012, but I have lived here since 2000, so I know the area well.

Congratulations on being accepted! Get ready to work your ass off.

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:30 pm

ScndCareertyme wrote:HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!! - complete in April, then waitlisted. 3 LOCI, Retook the LSAT in June to get off the wl, went from 160 to 163.............accepted today!!!! Im so pumped. c u guys in tally if a few short weeks.
Amazing congrats thats allot of extra work you def deserve it. Now come join the party in the 2013 thread.

procrastinator

Bronze

Post by procrastinator » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:00 pm

ScndCareertyme wrote:HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!! - complete in April, then waitlisted. 3 LOCI, Retook the LSAT in June to get off the wl, went from 160 to 163.............accepted today!!!! Im so pumped. c u guys in tally if a few short weeks.
That's friggin awesome. I've always wanted to hang out with Alec Baldwin.

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Lily wrote:Hey, y'all. Just checking in to welcome you to FSU College of Law! Feel free to message me if you have any questions about Tally. I am class of 2012, but I have lived here since 2000, so I know the area well.

Lily, did you read all the books on the recommended reading list before your 1L?

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Dallas4thewin wrote:
Lily wrote:Hey, y'all. Just checking in to welcome you to FSU College of Law! Feel free to message me if you have any questions about Tally. I am class of 2012, but I have lived here since 2000, so I know the area well.

Lily, did you read all the books on the recommended reading list before your 1L?
Haha, I have the same question.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

highdraws

New

Post by highdraws » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Congrats ScndCareertyme! Glad you finally got the good news!

TheSituation

New

Post by TheSituation » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Big congrats to those that just got in off the WL. Glad to have you on board if you decide to come!

shootermcgavin

New

Post by shootermcgavin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:01 pm

mango26 wrote:
Dallas4thewin wrote:

I'm also in the 2012 class. I don't think I read any of the books on the list personally. Although I know that one girl has been made fun of pretty consistently for boasting of reading every one.

ScndCareertyme

New

Post by ScndCareertyme » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:58 pm

to anyone still on the WL, i made the decision not to accept - gonna be a gator. There should be at least one more spot opening...GL to all.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lily

New

Post by Lily » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:35 pm

mango26 wrote:
Dallas4thewin wrote:

Oh HELL no. :D It's funny, because I don't even recall looking at a recommended reading list. I imagine there was one. Anyway, I have good grades, so it didn't hold me back in any way. We had this required book for orientation, though. Do you guys have that? The book was silly, but I read it anyway. *shrug* Just be ready to come into class and work. I look forward to meeting some of y'all in the upcoming weeks.

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 am

Lily wrote:
mango26 wrote:
Dallas4thewin wrote:

Oh HELL no. :D It's funny, because I don't even recall looking at a recommended reading list. I imagine there was one. Anyway, I have good grades, so it didn't hold me back in any way. We had this required book for orientation, though. Do you guys have that? The book was silly, but I read it anyway. *shrug* Just be ready to come into class and work. I look forward to meeting some of y'all in the upcoming weeks.

Lol thank god. Just moved up to Tally, and was in fear I needed to lock myself up in my apartment and read until class started.

gottaloveJAG

New

Post by gottaloveJAG » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm a rising 2L and a peer mentor. Please let me know if you have any questions!

I just posted a bunch of into on the Florida State Class of 2013 forum...hope it helps!

P.S. I suggest reading Getting to Maybe. Read it my second semester and it helped with my test-taking skills! Wish I had read it sooner!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”