Florida State 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Tuyarp

Bronze

Re: Florida State 2010

Post by Tuyarp » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:41 am

eros wrote:
algid1113 wrote:everyone who is admitted can create/log into blackboard to check their financial aid/scholarships. I checked mine about a week ago and along with my loans, I also saw the graduate grant for 1,000 (500 each semester). I never applied for grants so I'm also confused. I'm not complaining about free money, esp if I don't have to pay it back but kinda curious as to where the money came from.

btw, paid my deposit and sent in my forms! FSU 2013! best of luck to peeps still waiting and I look forward to seeing u guys in Aug! I'm planning a visit to look for apts soon. I'll share my info once I get back, and would love some recommendations too!
Question algid: Did your grant show up the first time you were able to check your financial aid through blackboard, or sometime after? I just got news of my financial aid info being available on blackboard today via email and I'm not seeing anything except loans...Assuming I didnt get jack, in which case I'll be slightly disappointed (166, 3.21). They know their instate tuition is like a scholarship as it is, but still I was hoping for at least a little something to sweeten the deal...
I don't see the grant on mine either. Maybe they're still working through the need-based applications?

algid1113

New

Post by algid1113 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:02 am

Tuyarp wrote:
eros wrote:
algid1113 wrote:everyone who is admitted can create/log into blackboard to check their financial aid/scholarships. I checked mine about a week ago and along with my loans, I also saw the graduate grant for 1,000 (500 each semester). I never applied for grants so I'm also confused. I'm not complaining about free money, esp if I don't have to pay it back but kinda curious as to where the money came from.

btw, paid my deposit and sent in my forms! FSU 2013! best of luck to peeps still waiting and I look forward to seeing u guys in Aug! I'm planning a visit to look for apts soon. I'll share my info once I get back, and would love some recommendations too!
Question algid: Did your grant show up the first time you were able to check your financial aid through blackboard, or sometime after? I just got news of my financial aid info being available on blackboard today via email and I'm not seeing anything except loans...Assuming I didnt get jack, in which case I'll be slightly disappointed (166, 3.21). They know their instate tuition is like a scholarship as it is, but still I was hoping for at least a little something to sweeten the deal...
I don't see the grant on mine either. Maybe they're still working through the need-based applications?
I was accepted and had my FAFSA completed before end of January. I didn't receive any letter/email to check blackboard for financial aid though. I just randomly found out about FSU's blackboard looking thru this forum last week. According to FSU website, my financial aid file's been complete for over a month but I checked it for the first time last week so I'm not sure when the grant was awarded... sorry. If it's based on numbers I am sure you will receive it as well (unless they are out of funds?) I did receive an application to fill out a need based scholarship so maybe its based on need?

p_r

New

Post by p_r » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Just went "Decision made and will arrive by mail" today. I'm even more anxious now.

Has anyone gotten the call the day after their status checker changed to the above status?

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:45 pm

I did. You might have to wait until Monday, though.

p_r

New

Post by p_r » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:47 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:I did. You might have to wait until Monday, though.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cof2013law

New

Post by Cof2013law » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:23 am

My status changed to "Decision made and will arrive by mail" yesterday too. I checked earlier in the day and I was still "Under Review". It was good friday though so maybe all hope is not lost.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am

I got my call 2 days after (status checker changed on Wednesday, got the call on Friday). So don't lose hope!

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:05 am

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

boardride23

New

Post by boardride23 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:41 pm

On the application check list what was Question 18 A and 18 B? Those are showing up blank for me...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:46 pm

boardride23 wrote:On the application check list what was Question 18 A and 18 B? Those are showing up blank for me...
C&F questions. Nothing to worry about, unless you checked "yes" on one, in which case you need to send documentation.

K22

New

Post by K22 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Same here. I think I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
Under the "Fees" section, a seat deposit charge has not appeared. Is that a bad sign?
Cof2013law wrote:My status changed to "Decision made and will arrive by mail" yesterday too. I checked earlier in the day and I was still "Under Review". It was good friday though so maybe all hope is not lost.

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arpedzio

New

Post by Arpedzio » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Tuyarp wrote:
eros wrote:

The graduate Grant is done through the graduate school, not the law school. It's limited funds, first come first serve. The earlier you did your fafsa, and the earlier you were accepted, the higher your chance of getting that grant. They run out of funds pretty quickly since it's for all graduate schools, and the max you can get is a grand a year. You can get it at any time, any semester if funds open up, so keep an eye out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Andreeai

New

Post by Andreeai » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:47 am

minuit wrote:I got my call 2 days after (status checker changed on Wednesday, got the call on Friday). So don't lose hope!
Does everybody that gets accepted gets a phone call?

dmb26

New

Post by dmb26 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Ahhhh I'm in the same boat as all of you, mine changed 4/02 but I haven't gotten a call yet either. It's driving me crazy, we'll see what happens I guess. And btw, my due dates haven't changed in the status checker.

park22

New

Post by park22 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 pm

stats?

maroe

New

Post by maroe » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:19 pm

Andreeai wrote:
minuit wrote:I got my call 2 days after (status checker changed on Wednesday, got the call on Friday). So don't lose hope!
Does everybody that gets accepted gets a phone call?
I got a phone call when I got accepted.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

K22

New

Post by K22 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:29 pm

My highest LSAT score is 154. As for a GPA, my undergrad institution does not give grades. However, I have a 4.0 GPA from dual enrollment (I don't know if that really counts though). I must note that English is not my native language, which I hope was taken into consideration.

I called FSU today and was told that they are not releasing decisions over the phone, but that the letters have been sent out.
wiggsb wrote:
K22 wrote:Same here. I think I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
Under the "Fees" section, a seat deposit charge has not appeared. Is that a bad sign?
Cof2013law wrote:My status changed to "Decision made and will arrive by mail" yesterday too. I checked earlier in the day and I was still "Under Review". It was good friday though so maybe all hope is not lost.
Stats?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Letters w/no phone call sounds like WL/rejections.

southerngrace

New

Post by southerngrace » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm curious, has anyone who took the Feb. LSAT seen anything other than a "Complete" on their status checker? I'd like to assume the late LSAT is why I am stuck on complete.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:57 pm

southerngrace wrote:I'm curious, has anyone who took the Feb. LSAT seen anything other than a "Complete" on their status checker? I'd like to assume the late LSAT is why I am stuck on complete.
I took the Feb LSAT and am on HOLD. Dunno if they took into account the new score or not.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

K22

New

Post by K22 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:39 pm

From what I've read, sometimes they are days behind with the phone calls. Besides, the person I talked to did not even check my status, so it was not personal. Hopefully i'll know by Wednesday.
keg411 wrote: Letters w/no phone call sounds like WL/rejections.

dmb26

New

Post by dmb26 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:40 pm

BTW I'm 160 and 3.0. In a normal year I'd be on the line so I'm expecting reject or waitlist because this year has been competitive. Since they haven't called by today though I'm thinking it isn't going to be good news, oh well...

RSN_M3

Bronze

Post by RSN_M3 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:44 pm

K22 wrote:My highest LSAT score is 154. As for a GPA, my undergrad institution does not give grades. However, I have a 4.0 GPA from dual enrollment (I don't know if that really counts though). I must note that English is not my native language, which I hope was taken into consideration.

I called FSU today and was told that they are not releasing decisions over the phone, but that the letters have been sent out.
wiggsb wrote:
K22 wrote:Same here. I think I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
Stats?
FWIW, my LSAT was 155-157, GPA, GPA 4.0+ from T20 ugrad, English is 2nd language (but I'm not URM) and I was rejected outright from FSU. No phone call.

Andreeai

New

Post by Andreeai » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Stats?[/quote][/quote]
FWIW, my LSAT was 155-157, GPA, GPA 4.0+ from T20 ugrad, English is 2nd language (but I'm not URM) and I was rejected outright from FSU.[/quote]

My LSAT is 156, undergrad from a foreign institution, ESL as well.
Went to decision on Fri... no phone call.... :-(. Not getting my hopes up too high, because of low LSAT, but still hoping.... :-(

When did you apply?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”