Florida State 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
eberl032
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:52 am

Florida State 2010

Postby eberl032 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Completed through LSAC on 10/14. Went complete at FSU on 10/15. Got an acceptance 10/19 (via phone call from admissions). That was fast. I was expecting to wait a few months. Does FSU's speediness indicate anything? Perhaps $$?

User avatar
samer
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby samer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:33 pm

You are so lucky!

pmr
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby pmr » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:31 am

Stats?

ChaotiCait
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby ChaotiCait » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Went complete on Thursday 10/ 15, got a phone call for acceptance on 10/19. Fastest turnaround ever. 168/3.91

User avatar
eberl032
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:52 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby eberl032 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:18 pm

They are speedy. 163/3.51 were my numbers.

User avatar
randyn
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:25 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby randyn » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:21 pm

numbers are big for that school. Makese sense, also really early in the season. Congrats...could be your classmate.

User avatar
eberl032
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:52 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby eberl032 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Does anyone know if the admissions packet will include information on $$$? or will that come later?

User avatar
Farfan1
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:49 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby Farfan1 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Decision rendered, but getting a letter in the mail one of these days, sent out the 16th. Wonder if the lack of call means didnt get in...

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby starrydecisus » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:15 pm

168/4.0 and Summer for Undergrads Alum, and got the phone call less than a week after sending application. The initial admissions packet does not include scholarship information. That should come a few days later, according to my packet.

ChaotiCait
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby ChaotiCait » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Starry, I'm also a summer for undergrads alum, what year did you do it?

App925
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby App925 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:04 pm

Today my status changed to "decision in mail". There is also a seat deposit in my fees box with a due date of 4/1/10.....does this mean im in?

User avatar
samer
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby samer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:08 pm

App925 wrote:Today my status changed to "decision in mail". There is also a seat deposit in my fees box with a due date of 4/1/10.....does this mean im in?


I wouldn't want to get your hopes up unnecessarily, but I'd guess you're in. Congratulations! Most people have heard by phone until now, so I'm interested to see if you're getting an acceptance through mail without a phone call. Keep us posted!

Also, kinda off topic but I'm assuming a lot of the people here applied to UF as well. Any idea when they start reviewing applications/when decisions go out?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby keg411 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:48 pm

I'll be sending in my application this weekend. FSU is one of my top choices (not applying to UF. Mostly because I can't get in with my numbers since I'm out-of-state).

User avatar
real lawyerwives
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby real lawyerwives » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:16 pm

.
Last edited by real lawyerwives on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

App925
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby App925 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:42 pm

real lawyerwives wrote:My status changed yesterday to "Decision made and will arrive by mail" No phone call :-/


Did you get the $200 deposit fee listed in your fee box?

User avatar
real lawyerwives
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby real lawyerwives » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:14 am

App925 wrote:
real lawyerwives wrote:My status changed yesterday to "Decision made and will arrive by mail" No phone call :-/


Did you get the $200 deposit fee listed in your fee box?
Last edited by real lawyerwives on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby SpencerPratt » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:41 am

real lawyerwives wrote:
App925 wrote:
real lawyerwives wrote:My status changed yesterday to "Decision made and will arrive by mail" No phone call :-/


Did you get the $200 deposit fee listed in your fee box?


nope, not looking good


Sucks...keep your fingers crossed though. Numbers? I'm sure I'm lower than you, but just wanted to see.

User avatar
real lawyerwives
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby real lawyerwives » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:20 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:
real lawyerwives wrote:
App925 wrote:
real lawyerwives wrote:My status changed yesterday to "Decision made and will arrive by mail" No phone call :-/


Did you get the $200 deposit fee listed in your fee box?


nope, not looking good


Sucks...keep your fingers crossed though. Numbers? I'm sure I'm lower than you, but just wanted to see.
Last edited by real lawyerwives on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

App925
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby App925 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:13 pm

samer wrote:
App925 wrote:Today my status changed to "decision in mail". There is also a seat deposit in my fees box with a due date of 4/1/10.....does this mean im in?


I wouldn't want to get your hopes up unnecessarily, but I'd guess you're in. Congratulations! Most people have heard by phone until now, so I'm interested to see if you're getting an acceptance through mail without a phone call. Keep us posted!

Also, kinda off topic but I'm assuming a lot of the people here applied to UF as well. Any idea when they start reviewing applications/when decisions go out?



I got a phone call this afternoon telling me im in!

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby starrydecisus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:23 pm

ChaotiCait, I did the program in 2007. You? I loved it!!!

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby SpencerPratt » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:31 am

For those without a decision, does your status read "Application Incomplete"....??

I'm hoping I'm not missing a document or something, as my app has been in for three weeks.

User avatar
xanderdellus
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby xanderdellus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:03 pm

I finally went complete today.

User avatar
xanderdellus
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby xanderdellus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:54 pm

I was received a while back, so I was waiting on my DMV records. So i have been frantically status checking for weeks now.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:03 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:For those without a decision, does your status read "Application Incomplete"....??

I'm hoping I'm not missing a document or something, as my app has been in for three weeks.
For those without a decision, does your status read "Application Incomplete"....??

I'm hoping I'm not missing a document or something, as my app has been in for three weeks.


My status read "Application Incomplete" and next thing I knew I had a phone call and an acceptance. It never said complete (even though I sent everything in). I wouldn't freak out, but I would definitely give the admissions office a call just to make sure. They're nice.

User avatar
eberl032
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:52 am

Re: Florida State 2010

Postby eberl032 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:30 pm

The office is very nice. Has any one else gotten calls in regards to other things? I also got a call from a professor who said she wanted me to come tour the school and meet some of the faculty. They seem very eager. I like it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], fancyfluter22, Google Adsense [Bot], Poplar7spruce, worried0L and 7 guests