Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:39 pm

last year, according to lsn, fridays were kind to applicants. here's to hoping tomorrow not only brings news, but good news.
Last edited by MirandaHobbes on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:39 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:last year, according to lsn, friday was kind to applicants. here's to hoping tomorrow not only brings news, but good news.

+100000000000000000000000000000

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:42 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:last year, according to lsn, fridays were kind to applicants. here's to hoping tomorrow not only brings news, but good news.

bigmoneybigmoneybigmoneynowhammiesnowhammiesbigmoneybigmoneybigmoney...

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 pm

holy crap. new tweet: We're sending out a batch of decisions today! Check your email!

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby CyLaw » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:06 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:holy crap. new tweet: We're sending out a batch of decisions today! Check your email!


Nothing on the home front. (Complete since 10/6).

I still say they are messing with us.

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:06 pm

CyLaw wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:holy crap. new tweet: We're sending out a batch of decisions today! Check your email!


Nothing on the home front. (Complete since 10/6).

I still say they are messing with us.


nothing for me either. guess i'll stick around the office a while longer.

lietx3
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby lietx3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Rejected via status checker (and e-mail that said check your status checker).

No surprise. 164/3.8

Good luck to the rest of you!

User avatar
Chupavida
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Chupavida » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:12 pm

.
Last edited by Chupavida on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby opus127 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:13 pm

lietx3 wrote:Rejected via status checker (and e-mail that said check your status checker).

No surprise. 164/3.8

Good luck to the rest of you!


Sorry to hear the news of dings. Thanks for taking the time to let us know, and hope the rest of the cycle brings better news for you.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:14 pm

rejected 168/3.1

GL everyone!

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:19 pm

My undergrad (which I was not a big fan of) chose just now to send me an alumni newsletter. I almost had a heart attack when I heard my iPhone email alert.

Also, sorry to those rejected, and good luck with the rest of your cycle!

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby oneforship » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Would they really put up that tweet if all they were sending out is rejections?

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 pm

oneforship wrote:Would they really put up that tweet if all they were sending out is rejections?


Further proof that they're fucking with us? :wink:

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Beatrice wrote:
oneforship wrote:Would they really put up that tweet if all they were sending out is rejections?


Further proof that they're fucking with us? :wink:



+1
sorry to all those getting bad news, today.

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:24 pm

If they're sending out a batch of dings, why is there such an upbeat tone to the tweet?

Good news has to be on the way for some of us!

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Dignan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:07 pm

The Pen Is Mightier wrote:If they're sending out a batch of dings, why is there such an upbeat tone to the tweet?

I also read the tweet as being upbeat in tone. But why is that? I think it's because of the use of exclamation points. We tend to think of exclamation points as indicating an upbeat tone, but they can also be used to indicate a negative tone. For example: "Fuck!! I've just been dinged by NU!!!"

Good news has to be on the way for some of us!

I'm sure that it is, but it appears not to be on the way this evening. Let's hope that NU wants to start our weekends on a high note tomorrow.

User avatar
initech
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby initech » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:13 am

Just rejected. Expected it. 169/ 3.6ish

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:54 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:last year, according to lsn, fridays were kind to applicants. here's to hoping tomorrow not only brings news, but good news.

bigmoneybigmoneybigmoneynowhammiesnowhammiesbigmoneybigmoneybigmoney...


I used to love press your luck so much. I was definitely a game show nerd.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:55 am

initech wrote:Just rejected. Expected it. 169/ 3.6ish


Crap. This doesn't make me feel good, we're close numberswise. My lsat is a tiny bit higher but it was a retake.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:58 am

def2104 wrote:
initech wrote:Just rejected. Expected it. 169/ 3.6ish


Crap. This doesn't make me feel good, we're close numberswise. My lsat is a tiny bit higher but it was a retake.


NU doesn't care about retakes and the diff between 169 and 170 is huge. 170 is NU's median LSAT.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:01 am

Desert Fox wrote:
def2104 wrote:
initech wrote:Just rejected. Expected it. 169/ 3.6ish


Crap. This doesn't make me feel good, we're close numberswise. My lsat is a tiny bit higher but it was a retake.


NU doesn't care about retakes and the diff between 169 and 170 is huge. 170 is NU's median LSAT.


I hope so, I really like NU. Of course it would be tough to choose between NU and Mich but I really prefer city life.

Also, does anyone else still have the received pending interview, even though you had your interview a while ago. I had my interview a little over a month ago.

User avatar
ValiantVic
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby ValiantVic » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:32 am

Fingers crossed for today.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23858
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Thirteen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:53 am

Desert Fox wrote:NU doesn't care about retakes and the diff between 169 and 170 is huge. 170 is NU's median LSAT.

:cry:

I just interviewed at Northwestern today, and it strengthened my resolve to go there in the fall. Since I'm a splitter, my retake in a couple of weeks will be HUGE. Here's to hoping I can get 1 or 2 extra questions correct this time around.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:33 am

Thirteen wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:NU doesn't care about retakes and the diff between 169 and 170 is huge. 170 is NU's median LSAT.

:cry:

I just interviewed at Northwestern today, and it strengthened my resolve to go there in the fall. Since I'm a splitter, my retake in a couple of weeks will be HUGE. Here's to hoping I can get 1 or 2 extra questions correct this time around.


I'm guessing your on the 169 border now? Good luck!

User avatar
monkeygirl
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby monkeygirl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 am

Dinged yesterday--life goes on.

Good luck to everyone who's left!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], grandpapy360, hogscienceavatarlost, MSNbot Media, potterotter and 20 guests