Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
str1der

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby str1der » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:33 am

Hey Guys,

I had a brief Skype interview as I am an international applicant. Wanted to check with you guys on the interview - Had a very positive vibe and tone coming from the interviewer. Wanted to check if this is for everyone? I didn't feel I did very well actually but the interviewer kept saying great positive stuff, which felt as if it wasnt just being said for the purpose of being polite.

Anyone has any comments?

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:58 pm

mayosmith wrote:
finalaspects wrote:Any advice from those who completed the off campus interviews by alumns?

I'm not sure if any one anecdote is helpful, but I had an incredibly civil, blissfully short exchange with my alum interviewer. We talked in his office and broke the ice discussing some of the older items on my resume, as I've been out of school for several years. He had clearly reviewed the resume and seemed genuinely interested in what I've done since college and grad school, asking why I would want to change careers now, and why I'd want to go to NU, since it's not in the town where I live. I turned around a few questions on him, asking what he does at his BigLaw firm, what he worked on outside of class at NU, what it's like for (significantly) older (married) students there. By now it's a cliche in posts about this topic, but overall the talk was strikingly conversation-like and a distant cousin to any of the job interview interrogations I've had in the past.

+1
had a very similar experience. very relaxed, good conversation. helped that we were about the same age!

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:03 pm

Nothing doing here, huh? I believe we have entered "early December"...

Lieut Kaffee

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:07 pm

My status checker says they are still waiting for my interview to be entered. I had my interview on 11/13.... Sigh.

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:My status checker says they are still waiting for my interview to be entered. I had my interview on 11/13.... Sigh.

me, too!

I actually sent an short email following up with my interviewer asking if he has had a chance to send his comments on our meeting. The email was very professional, with the caveat that I understood it was possible that NU just hadn't processed it yet. This was after sending a hand-written thank you card to him a few weeks ago.

Anyone else post-interview have their application listed as Complete with no mention of waiting for an interview?

Lieut Kaffee

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:16 pm

gymboree wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:My status checker says they are still waiting for my interview to be entered. I had my interview on 11/13.... Sigh.

me, too!

I actually sent an short email following up with my interviewer asking if he has had a chance to send his comments on our meeting. The email was very professional, with the caveat that I understood it was possible that NU just hadn't processed it yet. This was after sending a hand-written thank you card to him a few weeks ago.

Anyone else post-interview have their application listed as Complete with no mention of waiting for an interview?

Hm, Thank You note... nice touch. Making me feel like an idiot.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:19 pm

gymboree wrote:

me, too!

I interviewed on-campus on 10/13. The status checker subsequently said I was complete as of 10/12. Then it later updated and said I was complete as of 10/15. Not sure why it marked me complete prior to my interview, since an ED app is incomplete without it, but all is well now.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:19 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:
gymboree wrote:

me, too!

Hm, Thank You note... nice touch. Making me feel like an idiot.

It's pretty customary for getting a job.. lol, although I didn't write one for the NU interview.

janer

Postby janer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:17 pm

I had an interview on campus at the end of October and as of yesterday, my status checker still said that it was waiting for my interview. I sent a note to the admissions office and they updated my status checker. It now says I'm complete.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:47 pm

So I had my interview 11/6 and submitted the application 11/10. I have received nothing from NU after submitting the app (no confirmation, status checker information, etc.). Is this normal?

janer

Postby janer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:53 pm

ughOSU wrote:So I had my interview 11/6 and submitted the application 11/10. I have received nothing from NU after submitting the app (no confirmation, status checker information, etc.). Is this normal?

I received my status checker within 2 days of submitting my application. I would try sending them an e-mail.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:55 pm

janer wrote:
ughOSU wrote:So I had my interview 11/6 and submitted the application 11/10. I have received nothing from NU after submitting the app (no confirmation, status checker information, etc.). Is this normal?

I received my status checker within 2 days of submitting my application. I would try sending them an e-mail.

yea kinda what I was thinking. Thanks.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:26 pm

NayBoer wrote:
gymboree wrote:

me, too!

I interviewed on-campus on 10/13. The status checker subsequently said I was complete as of 10/12. Then it later updated and said I was complete as of 10/15. Not sure why it marked me complete prior to my interview, since an ED app is incomplete without it, but all is well now.

I really love that cat's face.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:38 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:

How about this end? That's how you really know you love him for what's on the inside.

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Yeah -- I think this is NU's fault, not that of your interviewer. It took mine at least three weeks.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Complete as of 11/24.

From the status page:

Northwestern wrote:Your completion date may change as your file undergoes internal processing, but these changes will not lengthen the review period for your application.

I guess I got 8 weeks to wait.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:48 pm

NayBoer wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:

How about this end? That's how you really know you love him for what's on the inside.

If I were going to have a tail, it would be that one. It's glorious.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Is your file really incomplete until NU gets a hard copy of the LSDAS?

YellowCake

Postby YellowCake » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:51 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:Is your file really incomplete until NU gets a hard copy of the LSDAS?

FWIW, when I received my status checker they said to allow two weeks for the LSDAS hard copy. I went complete two days later.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:54 pm

YellowCake wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:Is your file really incomplete until NU gets a hard copy of the LSDAS?

FWIW, when I received my status checker they said to allow two weeks for the LSDAS hard copy. I went complete two days later.

Thanks. Problem is that I wanted ED and I had to be complete by 12/1. Crap. They had the report before then, but not the hard copy.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:05 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:
YellowCake wrote:

Thanks. Problem is that I wanted ED and I had to be complete by 12/1. Crap. They had the report before then, but not the hard copy.
Might call them and ask if your application is complete and counts for ED. You already sent the signed ED cert?

YellowCake

Postby YellowCake » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:16 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:
YellowCake wrote:

Did you submit by Nov. 15th as they suggested? If so, you should be fine.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:34 pm

NayBoer wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:
YellowCake wrote:

Might call them and ask if your application is complete and counts for ED. You already sent the signed ED cert?

I think I will call them, thanks. And yes, I did fill out the ED cert. Faxed it to them. Oh NU, don't fail me now!

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:35 pm

YellowCake wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:
YellowCake wrote:

Did you submit by Nov. 15th as they suggested? If so, you should be fine.

No, because I didn't decide to do ED until after that date.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm

mayosmith wrote:

Yeah -- I think this is NU's fault, not that of your interviewer. It took mine at least three weeks.

I sent them an email and they confirmed that my file was complete. I guess I just don't get a status checker.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”