Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hey123

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby hey123 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:50 pm

In the initial email it says we get an admitted student package in a month but the letter on status checker does seem legitimate and official so I'll just withdraw today, it will be nice to get it over with. NU here I come!

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I just sent out my withdrawals and UChicago sent me back confirming, and they knew I was going to Northwestern without me telling. I guess they sent out their ED lists pretty early.

Yeah, Cornell refused to tell me the decision they had rendered, just said they withdrew me since they knew I was going elsewhere. Should have asked them to tell me "in the name of research."

Postby 09042014 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:40 pm

NayBoer wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I just sent out my withdrawals and UChicago sent me back confirming, and they knew I was going to Northwestern without me telling. I guess they sent out their ED lists pretty early.

Yeah, Cornell refused to tell me the decision they had rendered, just said they withdrew me since they knew I was going elsewhere. Should have asked them to tell me "in the name of research."

If it was an acceptance, it would hurt their yield.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:44 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
NayBoer wrote:

If it was an acceptance, it would hurt their yield.
And their pride.

"Don't let him see how he hurt you, Cornell. You're better than that."

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Congrats everyone!

Nothing for me :-(

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Congrats splitters!!! Living the dream for all of us sub-3.0's :). Wish I had your LSAT's (maybe in Feb....).

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:23 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:Congrats everyone!

Sorry, SpaceDawg. It could be waitlist or deferral instead of rejection.

brindle

Postby brindle » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Got in today at 11:15. I hope that gives other ED people who haven't heard hope. I was pretty depressed last night and paranoid that I had screwed something up bad on all my applications. So I'm thrilled now, but it does seem a little cruel to draw this process out. Anyway, good luck to everyone who hasn't heard.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:25 pm

brindle wrote:Got in today at 11:15. I hope that gives other ED people who haven't heard hope. I was pretty depressed last night and paranoid that I had screwed something up bad on all my applications. So I'm thrilled now, but it does seem a little cruel to draw this process out. Anyway, good luck to everyone who hasn't heard.

Well, for the EDers who didn't hear yesterday, this is what their Twitter said:

NULawAdmissions wrote:We'll be sending out a small batch of Early Decision decisions today! If you applied ED, keep an eye your email.
(emphasis added)

caligirl07

Postby caligirl07 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:57 pm

brindle wrote:Got in today at 11:15. I hope that gives other ED people who haven't heard hope. I was pretty depressed last night and paranoid that I had screwed something up bad on all my applications. So I'm thrilled now, but it does seem a little cruel to draw this process out. Anyway, good luck to everyone who hasn't heard.

Thanks for the info Brindle and congrats. Looks like i'm going to be the only ED applicant on here who doesn't get in. :(

phillyinnewyork

Postby phillyinnewyork » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Hey yall. First time posting but been folllowing the thread for awhile. Congrats to all those who got accepted. I am an ED app and I have yet to hear anything via email or status checker. Mine still says complete as 11/18. Based on my scores and the scores of those who got in, I am assuming rejection but, it was a long shot anyway. I was hoping 3 years work experience would help.

Congrats and caligirl, you now gots some company :cry:

caligirl07

Postby caligirl07 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:04 pm

phillyinnewyork wrote:Hey yall. First time posting but been folllowing the thread for awhile. Congrats to all those who got accepted. I am an ED app and I have yet to hear anything via email or status checker. Mine still says complete as 11/18. Based on my scores and the scores of those who got in, I am assuming rejection but, it was a long shot anyway. I was hoping 3 years work experience would help.

Thanks Philly- misery loves company. good luck!

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:17 pm

NayBoer wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:Congrats everyone!

Sorry, SpaceDawg. It could be waitlist or deferral instead of rejection.

I suppose so. Congrats nonetheless!

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:17 pm

caligirl07 wrote:
phillyinnewyork wrote:Hey yall. First time posting but been folllowing the thread for awhile. Congrats to all those who got accepted. I am an ED app and I have yet to hear anything via email or status checker. Mine still says complete as 11/18. Based on my scores and the scores of those who got in, I am assuming rejection but, it was a long shot anyway. I was hoping 3 years work experience would help.

Thanks Philly- misery loves company. good luck!

I'm with you.

str1der

Postby str1der » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:20 am

I don't think I am making it too guys. Numbers seem much below those who have got acceptances. Congrats to the NW Folks! Hope you guys have an awesome 3 years ahead :)

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:53 am

I had my interview abroad this weekend. It really made me love Northwestern. My interviewer was young, under 30, and we both have the same international goals. He was super friendly and took me to lunch. We ended up talking until the staff told us they were closing to prepare for the dinner crowd. All in all I think it went VERY well. Like I said the things he talked about (friendly non-competitive environment, JD-LLM in international human rights program etc, Chicago life, fin aid) were all the right answers.

The bad news is I think he gave me too high of hopes for getting in, and now I'm looking at apartments in the NULS area and dreaming about livign in Chicago. Northwestern was already a top choice, and pending a T6 acceptance, it's probably between Northwestern and Cornell. I would be happy with Cornell if NULS didn't come through and am grateful for the acceptance, but I think the city life is more for me. Is anyone else debating between these two schools?

Anyway, it seems they start reviewing RD applicants in Feb? Should I e-mail them letting them know I had my interview or just wait for the interviewer to send his evaluation form?

Lastly, congrats to all the accepted EDers!!! :D

hmlee

Postby hmlee » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:42 am

YellowCake wrote:
hey123 wrote:Is Anyone else scared to withdraw before getting hard copy, official acceptance? After their MBA mix up, I want to be 100 percent positive this is for real (it seems too good to be true!)

Honestly, that made me feel better. No way they would let that happen twice.

(I Hope)

The funny thing is this actually happened to me last year. Sort of. I got the e-mail that I was in from the dean and was totally running around all crazy. They said they'd update the status checkers by later that day. I logged in later that evening only to get a letter on there that said I'd been waitlisted. I freeeeeeeaked out, since NU was my #1 choice school. A phone call to the admit office and a conversation with Johann later and I was totally cool. They had problems with their cold fusion database that day... but it all worked out. :)

Just be glad you don't have to go through that rollercoaster. Soooo not fun.

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:08 am

Hmm...I applied the first week in November RD, and have recieved nothing from them...should I be concerned?

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:10 am

def2104 wrote:Hmm...I applied the first week in November RD, and have recieved nothing from them...should I be concerned?

Yep. Panic time.

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:42 am

AngryAvocado wrote:
def2104 wrote:Hmm...I applied the first week in November RD, and have recieved nothing from them...should I be concerned?

Yep. Panic time.

Hahaha :lol: Seriously though do they send an app received e-mail? Also, how long does it usually take to get their status checker? Do they wait until they recieve your interviewer's evaluation of you first? These are the things I was wondering about, I obviously am not ready to push the big red button...yet.

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:33 pm

def2104 wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:

Yep. Panic time.

Hahaha :lol: Seriously though do they send an app received e-mail? Also, how long does it usually take to get their status checker? Do they wait until they recieve your interviewer's evaluation of you first? These are the things I was wondering about, I obviously am not ready to push the big red button...yet.

I applied about the same time. I sent an email to confirm that they received my application. They responded and said that my application was complete. You may want to do the same. I still haven't heard any info for status checker, etc.

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:09 pm

ughOSU wrote:
def2104 wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:

Yep. Panic time.

I applied about the same time. I sent an email to confirm that they received my application. They responded and said that my application was complete. You may want to do the same. I still haven't heard any info for status checker, etc.

https://www.law.northwestern.edu/form/a ... _entry.cfm

Try having them resend your ID to your email?

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Just bumping... but their twitter says they are out of the office the 24th-25th, and then 31st and 1st, so they're in today (right?). Wonder if anything will go out.

elliefont

Postby elliefont » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:24 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Just bumping... but their twitter says they are out of the office the 24th-25th, and then 31st and 1st, so they're in today (right?). Wonder if anything will go out.

dammit, you scared me! after my wholly lackluster december retake, I'm sweating this one.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:24 pm

elliefont wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Just bumping... but their twitter says they are out of the office the 24th-25th, and then 31st and 1st, so they're in today (right?). Wonder if anything will go out.

dammit, you scared me! after my wholly lackluster december retake, I'm sweating this one.

:oops: sorry.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”