Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
elliefont

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby elliefont » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:47 am

mayosmith wrote:
mte84 wrote:How many people have had ridiculously positive experiences interviewing for NU? I can remember reading other posts about the interview being helpful and informative. I am wondering if it is a strategy of the NU staff. :)

+1. So if we all have had great experiences...we're all getting in?

or if I'm the only one who seemed put on edge by my interviewer, I'm the only one not getting in? :oops:

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:54 am

I have my interview tomorrow but I am doing it in a foreign country. I'm a little nervous especially since I have to travel pretty far, but they interviewer is young and seems nice through e-mail. Since we both are international law types and work in the same country I hope we'll get along well. I'll let you know how it goes!

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:36 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:Naybs, why do you and your cat face do this to me? I was an anxious moron all day at work.Hoodie, no pants.
Sorry to raise your hopes. It's possible that Northwestern adcom people read this thread, realized that sending out ED admissions would be interpreted as silently rejecting all other EDs, and is holding the lot of us until Dec 31 or Jan 4.

Or they independently changed up their entire strategy. Or it's coming out today. Or hoodies = autoreject. Or all my hypothetical alternatives = autoreject.

YellowCake

Postby YellowCake » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:24 pm

NayBoer wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:Naybs, why do you and your cat face do this to me? I was an anxious moron all day at work.Hoodie, no pants.
Sorry to raise your hopes. It's possible that Northwestern adcom people read this thread, realized that sending out ED admissions would be interpreted as silently rejecting all other EDs, and is holding the lot of us until Dec 31 or Jan 4.

Or they independently changed up their entire strategy. Or it's coming out today. Or hoodies = autoreject. Or all my hypothetical alternatives = autoreject.

Or none of us got in. :?

str1der

Postby str1der » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 pm

ISN't NW taking like forever to release decisions this year? May seem redundant here but I see it has lesser number of applicants on TLS than others. Wondering if there's any correlation?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:34 pm

str1der wrote:ISN't NW taking like forever to release decisions this year? May seem redundant here but I see it has lesser number of applicants on TLS than others. Wondering if there's any correlation?

most schools are delayed compared to the last few years. i think its due to the increased amount of applicants, and the fact that they want to check out the entire pool before making decisions.

brindle

Postby brindle » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:42 pm

It's amazing to me that in this day and age that most of the admissions offices are still this opaque. How can they not realize the goodwill that just being more transparent would bring? I'm specifically talking about using things like twitter etc. to give people a heads up. I think I'm as excited as every Northwestern applicant that today is Faculty Friday on nulawadmissions twitter, but it would be nicer if they could tell us if it is going to be ED Decision Friday.

It seems like Dean Pless at U of I is one of the few people in these offices to figure this out, and I would be very surprised if that's not improving their numbers.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:42 pm

NayBoer wrote:

No worries, I was just feeling anxious and drunk. I was thinking the same thing regarding the strategy change. Oh well, we'll hear when we hear.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:46 pm

str1der wrote:ISN't NW taking like forever to release decisions this year? May seem redundant here but I see it has lesser number of applicants on TLS than others. Wondering if there's any correlation?
I think the lack of NU activity causes less TLS posting about it speculating. Also, I imagine its relatively high standards plus interview and WE requirement discourage some applicants. And there's probably less interest from those already admitted to T14 schools that start accepting in Sep/Oct.

FYI, brindle, I think NU used twitter last year for waitlist decisions. Could be misremembering.

SpaceDawg wrote:Naybs, why do you and your cat face do this to me?

Santa? Jesus? If you're up there, please let everyone get accepted at NU.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:51 pm

NayBoer wrote:
I think the lack of NU activity causes less TLS posting about it speculating. Also, I imagine its relatively high standards plus interview and WE requirement discourage some applicants. And there's probably less interest from those already admitted to T14 schools that start accepting in Sep/Oct.

FYI, brindle, I think NU used twitter last year for waitlist decisions. Could be misremembering.

SpaceDawg wrote:Naybs, why do you and your cat face do this to me?

Santa? Jesus? If you're up there, please let everyone get accepted at NU.

Love him.

CAwolverine

Postby CAwolverine » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:01 pm

What do we think is the latest day they'll send out acceptances before we know we'll have to wait till the new year?

Postby 09042014 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Looks like no acceptances today.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Looks like no [strike]acceptances[/strike] rejections today.
Find the bright side, you must.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:10 pm

NayBoer wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Looks like no acceptances [strike]rejections today[/strike] ever.
Find the bright side, you must.

Never.

str1der

Postby str1der » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:22 pm

NW Law Admissions updated their status after I replied to their post on Twitter. They are saying log into the status checker to get your decisions :)

But I still don't see mine :( Submitted 11/11, complete 11/12 Numbers are really bad for NW (or any school actually) but still...

http://twitter.com/nulawadmissions

Edit -

Just saw their Tweet reply:

@sood_ankit ED candidates will be notified by Jan 4, Accelerated JD by Feb 1. We'll post updates via Twitter and keep an eye on your email.
Last edited by str1der on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:25 pm

str1der wrote:NW Law Admissions updated their status after I replied to their post on Twitter. They are saying log into the status checker to get your decisions :)

But I still don't see mine :( Submitted 11/11, complete 11/12 Numbers are really bad for NW (or any school actually) but still...

Don't see mine either. Did anyone who applied ED have anything show up special on their status checker. Mine just says complete.

str1der

Postby str1der » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
str1der wrote:NW Law Admissions updated their status after I replied to their post on Twitter. They are saying log into the status checker to get your decisions :)

Don't see mine either. Did anyone who applied ED have anything show up special on their status checker. Mine just says complete.

Check my edited reply!

WhyBother?

Postby WhyBother? » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:29 pm

I sent in my application at the end of November, and have not heard anything at all yet. No e-mail, no status checker, nothing...

Should I call? Is it normal to go so long without hearing anything? I love Northwestern but it's the only school I've had no communication with since submitting my application. My LSAC Account says it's transmitted, and they did request my reports.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:30 pm

str1der wrote:@sood_ankit ED candidates will be notified by Jan 4

ie, really soon! Man, I wish I'd applied ED! :?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:31 pm

WhyBother? wrote:I sent in my application at the end of November, and have not heard anything at all yet. No e-mail, no status checker, nothing...

Should I call? Is it normal to go so long without hearing anything? I love Northwestern but it's the only school I've had no communication with since submitting my application. My LSAC Account says it's transmitted, and they did request my reports.

are you ED? because only ED decisions are guaranteed by jan. otherwise it may be a longgggg wait

oh but you haven't even got a status checker, yes you may want to give them a call or shoot them an email

Postby 09042014 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:33 pm

str1der wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Check my edited reply!

Yea I found the twitter. I almost had a heart attack though.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:36 pm

str1der wrote:ED candidates will be notified by Jan 4

In an October email Northwestern wrote:You will be notified of the Admissions Committee’s decision by December 31.
Bummed.

jd-mba

Postby jd-mba » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:40 pm

sigh, i'm still working on my applications =/
but i did hear that a friend got into NU already... has no one here gotten any decisions yet? (perhaps that friend lied then)

str1der

Postby str1der » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:40 pm

NayBoer wrote:
str1der wrote:ED candidates will be notified by Jan 4

In an October email Northwestern wrote:You will be notified of the Admissions Committee’s decision by December 31.
Bummed.

In at October? Is that last year cause I haven't heard of anyone getting a decision until now (right?). As the Holidays are fast approaching, I think the last day they would send out decisions BEFORE the break is 23rd - Max 24th. I am sure the office will be closed for Holidays post that. 4th Jan is a Monday, so maybe they will release all ED Decisions then?

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:41 pm

WhyBother? wrote:I sent in my application at the end of November, and have not heard anything at all yet. No e-mail, no status checker, nothing...

I was in a similar situation, although I submitted beginning of november. I emailed them just to confirm that they had received my application. They emailed me back confirming that the application was complete. I have still not received any status checker info, etc.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”