Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:24 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:Will I hear this week? God, I'm dying here.


Are you on hold? I feel like hold people won't hear until the very end of the month :( . I hope I can make it that long. :oops:

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

dreaming wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:Will I hear this week? God, I'm dying here.


Are you on hold? I feel like hold people won't hear until the very end of the month :( . I hope I can make it that long. :oops:


anyone thinking about calling/tweeting to ask. i would except that i'm gripped by fear. :wink:

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 am

MirandaHobbes wrote:
dreaming wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:Will I hear this week? God, I'm dying here.


Are you on hold? I feel like hold people won't hear until the very end of the month :( . I hope I can make it that long. :oops:


anyone thinking about calling/tweeting to ask. i would except that i'm gripped by fear. :wink:


I called a few minutes ago... :? The guy who answered told me that he didn't think they would be sending any hold decisions this week. :(

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 am

dreaming wrote:I called a few minutes ago... :? The guy who answered told me that he didn't think they would be sending any hold decisions this week. :(


I imagine that it will be another week or two as they are waiting on decisions from admitted students. Is the deposit deadline April 30th?

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 am

dreaming wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:
dreaming wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:Will I hear this week? God, I'm dying here.


Are you on hold? I feel like hold people won't hear until the very end of the month :( . I hope I can make it that long. :oops:


anyone thinking about calling/tweeting to ask. i would except that i'm gripped by fear. :wink:


I called a few minutes ago... :? The guy who answered told me that he didn't think they would be sending any hold decisions this week. :(


ugh. thanks for calling. guess i'll be mailing in a seat deposit to some as-yet-to-be-determined school this week, afterall. :(

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:56 am

Same :( And I am going to be so sad if I waited all this time for a rejection/waitlist. :oops:

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:59 am

For all those on hold, what are you numbers? I know at least a couple of you are splitters. And looking at old LSN data, they waitlist a lot of splitters but take a ton of them off the wait list.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby SaintClarence27 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:08 am

I'm not even on hold. Just waiting for a decision. (Most likely a rejection, obviously)

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 am

Desert Fox wrote:For all those on hold, what are you numbers? I know at least a couple of you are splitters. And looking at old LSN data, they waitlist a lot of splitters but take a ton of them off the wait list.


waitlist as in hold --> waitlist or waitlist as in hold = waitlist.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:12 am

MirandaHobbes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:For all those on hold, what are you numbers? I know at least a couple of you are splitters. And looking at old LSN data, they waitlist a lot of splitters but take a ton of them off the wait list.


waitlist as in hold --> waitlist or waitlist as in hold = waitlist.


Hold -> waitlist -> acceptance in early summer.

Especially those below 3.0 gpa.

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:15 am

Desert Fox wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:For all those on hold, what are you numbers? I know at least a couple of you are splitters. And looking at old LSN data, they waitlist a lot of splitters but take a ton of them off the wait list.


waitlist as in hold --> waitlist or waitlist as in hold = waitlist.


Hold -> waitlist -> acceptance in early summer.

Especially those below 3.0 gpa.


I don't have high numbers, but somehow made it to hold...so I guess I should really just be happy I've made it this far... :? 3.7, 154

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 am

dreaming wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:For all those on hold, what are you numbers? I know at least a couple of you are splitters. And looking at old LSN data, they waitlist a lot of splitters but take a ton of them off the wait list.


waitlist as in hold --> waitlist or waitlist as in hold = waitlist.


Hold -> waitlist -> acceptance in early summer.

Especially those below 3.0 gpa.


I don't have high numbers, but somehow made it to hold...so I guess I should really just be happy I've made it this far... :? 3.7, 154


Are you a URM? Because if not you must have had an excellent application to get this far.

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 am

URM...but I do have a very good app...I think :oops: Hopefully I'll make it to an acceptance! I won't give up hope until I get a rejection letter...

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 am

Desert Fox wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:For all those on hold, what are you numbers? I know at least a couple of you are splitters. And looking at old LSN data, they waitlist a lot of splitters but take a ton of them off the wait list.


waitlist as in hold --> waitlist or waitlist as in hold = waitlist.


Hold -> waitlist -> acceptance in early summer.

Especially those below 3.0 gpa.


i'm 169/3.5ish, almost seven years WE. hoping i can slide in with the first batch of hold acceptances, but waiting until early summer isn't so bad, i guess.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:25 am

dreaming wrote:URM...but I do have a very good app...I think :oops: Hopefully I'll make it to an acceptance! I won't give up hope until I get a rejection letter...


I don't know too much about URM cycles. But good luck!

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:27 am

Desert Fox wrote:
dreaming wrote:URM...but I do have a very good app...I think :oops: Hopefully I'll make it to an acceptance! I won't give up hope until I get a rejection letter...


I don't know too much about URM cycles. But good luck!


Haha. I feel like my dreams just got crushed a bit...but thanks :?

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby hmlee » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 am

Desert Fox wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:For all those on hold, what are you numbers? I know at least a couple of you are splitters. And looking at old LSN data, they waitlist a lot of splitters but take a ton of them off the wait list.


waitlist as in hold --> waitlist or waitlist as in hold = waitlist.


Hold -> waitlist -> acceptance in early summer.

Especially those below 3.0 gpa.


I guess that's generally true. Though, I fall into that category and was taken off hold last year without being waitlisted.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 am

dreaming wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
dreaming wrote:URM...but I do have a very good app...I think :oops: Hopefully I'll make it to an acceptance! I won't give up hope until I get a rejection letter...


I don't know too much about URM cycles. But good luck!


Haha. I feel like my dreams just got crushed a bit...but thanks :?


No I wasn't try to say I think you'll get rejected, I really know nothing about URM cycles. The hold is definitely a sign they are considering you. Tons of people got rejections.

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:33 am

Desert Fox wrote:
dreaming wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
dreaming wrote:URM...but I do have a very good app...I think :oops: Hopefully I'll make it to an acceptance! I won't give up hope until I get a rejection letter...


I don't know too much about URM cycles. But good luck!


Haha. I feel like my dreams just got crushed a bit...but thanks :?


No I wasn't try to say I think you'll get rejected, I really know nothing about URM cycles. The hold is definitely a sign they are considering you. Tons of people got rejections.


Thanks! Hope restored! :)

shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby shadow. » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:14 pm

.
Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:18 pm

shadow. wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:For all those on hold, what are you numbers? I know at least a couple of you are splitters. And looking at old LSN data, they waitlist a lot of splitters but take a ton of them off the wait list.


waitlist as in hold --> waitlist or waitlist as in hold = waitlist.


Hold -> waitlist -> acceptance in early summer.

Especially those below 3.0 gpa.


I have a 170/3.0 and am on hold.

Do most people on the hold list get a WL? Or does anyone have an idea as to the breakdown of the Hold--> Acceptance, WL, Rejection?


You could try looking at the NU 2009 thread. Law school numbers doesn't keep hold data.

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby dreaming » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Here's the hold thread from last year:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55637

User avatar
Shellbelle
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Shellbelle » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:01 pm

171 3.4 on hold

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:12 pm

If you are on hold and truly want to attend NU, it's never too late to send the "unconditional" LOCI.

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:36 pm

chadwick218 wrote:If you are on hold and truly want to attend NU, it's never too late to send the "unconditional" LOCI.


what's that?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests