Northwestern 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NancyBotwin

Silver

Re: Northwestern 2010

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 pm

danidancer wrote:Or have a 2nd interview, this time on-campus?
I did, so I don't see why not, unless they're out of spots. You can sign up online.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
I did, so I don't see why not, unless they're out of spots. You can sign up online.
Boo, looks like they only have slots set up for March, not for when I want to visit. Grr.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:37 pm

danidancer wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
Boo, looks like they only have slots set up for March, not for when I want to visit. Grr.
You could call and see if they can arrange one for you. Worth trying, I think.

ohmy212

New

Post by ohmy212 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm withdrawing today so that'll free up some $$ and a spot for one of you good people.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:10 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
danidancer wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
You could call and see if they can arrange one for you. Worth trying, I think.
Absolutely! If the date I want hasn't been loaded into the calendar by early next week, I'll go ahead and inquire about setting something up for when I visit. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:20 pm

ohmy212 wrote:I'm withdrawing today so that'll free up some $$ and a spot for one of you good people.
:mrgreen: Thank you!!!

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:38 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:I'm withdrawing today so that'll free up some $$ and a spot for one of you good people.
:mrgreen: Thank you!!!
I hope others follow suit. I was just notified I'm on standby for grants pending the initial April 16th deadline for people to turn them down. People, don't let that $135k draw you from the certain glory and never-ending success promised to all fortunate enough to be accepted at HYSCCN!

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:40 pm

chutzpah wrote:Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16
Me too. Don't know how I feel about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
How did your interview go, NB. Mine is Friday. Flying there and back same day. Yikes!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:35 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
How did your interview go, NB. Mine is Friday. Flying there and back same day. Yikes!
Ugh, I dunno. I felt like an idiot the whole time, but then I think it ended on a pretty positive note. We'll see, I guess.

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:37 pm

violaboy wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16
<-----------Did not get an email. :(

<-----------Will be paying sticker.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:39 pm

D-hops wrote:
violaboy wrote:

Yea I didn't even get my "LOL you money? LOL" email yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
D-hops wrote:
violaboy wrote:

Edit for RC Fail
Last edited by D-hops on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:40 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
Ugh, I dunno. I felt like an idiot the whole time, but then I think it ended on a pretty positive note. We'll see, I guess.
Best of luck to ya! Guess we'll know soon enough. I read through the hold thread from last year and those folks got decisions around late April (April 24 or so).

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:42 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:Best of luck to ya! Guess we'll know soon enough. I read through the hold thread from last year and those folks got decisions around late April (April 24 or so).
Thanks!

I really wish I could find out sooner, because I just lost my job so now I don't think I can afford two deposits if I haven't heard before the other deadlines, but not depositing at another school and risking getting in later is scary as hell. :| :(

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:43 pm

D-hops wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
D-hops wrote:
violaboy wrote:

No. You got one? WTF? Did they de-accept me?
No I haven't gotten one yet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
No I haven't gotten one yet.
Whoops, RC fail.

gmichaelbluth

Bronze

Post by gmichaelbluth » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:50 pm

+1. Bummed.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:57 pm

You lost your job Nancy? Sorry to hear that. Did they do it because you're going to law school?
gmichaelbluth wrote:
+1. Bummed.
The benefit to squeaking in via ED is I won't be crushed when they tell me to take out $200k+ in loans. Instead, I'm delighted at the privilege of mortgaging 10 years of my life to pay for the next three.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:02 pm

NayBoer wrote:You lost your job Nancy? Sorry to hear that. Did they do it because you're going to law school?
Yeah, just found out yesterday. No - my boss resigned because of some shit with the way they were treating him, and since it's just him, me, and a part timer in our office, which was being closed anyway (they were just going to have us all work from his home office, since corporate is in another state), they decided to just basically get rid of all of us. I still get to work from home for a little while longer, but that's it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:49 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
NayBoer wrote:You lost your job Nancy? Sorry to hear that. Did they do it because you're going to law school?
Yeah, just found out yesterday. No - my boss resigned because of some shit with the way they were treating him, and since it's just him, me, and a part timer in our office, which was being closed anyway (they were just going to have us all work from his home office, since corporate is in another state), they decided to just basically get rid of all of us. I still get to work from home for a little while longer, but that's it.
Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that. C'mon NU!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that. C'mon NU!
Thanks. And yeah, seriously, COME ON NU!!! PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ!!

KidLogarithm

New

Post by KidLogarithm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Got the email this morning with $45k scholarship. Really excited. Will probably send seat deposit after ASW.

ilovelamp18

Bronze

Post by ilovelamp18 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 pm

KidLogarithm wrote:Got the email this morning with $45k scholarship. Really excited. Will probably send seat deposit after ASW.
Congratulations! This does make me somewhat question the email so many of us got today stating that all of the scholarship/grant money had been allocated. Maybe they sent our emails right after yours. :wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”