Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 pm

danidancer wrote:Or have a 2nd interview, this time on-campus?


I did, so I don't see why not, unless they're out of spots. You can sign up online.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby danidancer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
danidancer wrote:Or have a 2nd interview, this time on-campus?


I did, so I don't see why not, unless they're out of spots. You can sign up online.


Boo, looks like they only have slots set up for March, not for when I want to visit. Grr.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:37 pm

danidancer wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
danidancer wrote:Or have a 2nd interview, this time on-campus?


I did, so I don't see why not, unless they're out of spots. You can sign up online.


Boo, looks like they only have slots set up for March, not for when I want to visit. Grr.

You could call and see if they can arrange one for you. Worth trying, I think.

ohmy212
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby ohmy212 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm withdrawing today so that'll free up some $$ and a spot for one of you good people.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby danidancer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:10 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
danidancer wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
danidancer wrote:Or have a 2nd interview, this time on-campus?


I did, so I don't see why not, unless they're out of spots. You can sign up online.


Boo, looks like they only have slots set up for March, not for when I want to visit. Grr.

You could call and see if they can arrange one for you. Worth trying, I think.


Absolutely! If the date I want hasn't been loaded into the calendar by early next week, I'll go ahead and inquire about setting something up for when I visit. :D

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:20 pm

ohmy212 wrote:I'm withdrawing today so that'll free up some $$ and a spot for one of you good people.

:mrgreen: Thank you!!!

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:38 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:I'm withdrawing today so that'll free up some $$ and a spot for one of you good people.

:mrgreen: Thank you!!!


I hope others follow suit. I was just notified I'm on standby for grants pending the initial April 16th deadline for people to turn them down. People, don't let that $135k draw you from the certain glory and never-ending success promised to all fortunate enough to be accepted at HYSCCN!

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby violaboy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:40 pm

chutzpah wrote:Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16


Me too. Don't know how I feel about it.

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
danidancer wrote:Or have a 2nd interview, this time on-campus?


I did, so I don't see why not, unless they're out of spots. You can sign up online.


How did your interview go, NB. Mine is Friday. Flying there and back same day. Yikes!

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:35 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
danidancer wrote:Or have a 2nd interview, this time on-campus?


I did, so I don't see why not, unless they're out of spots. You can sign up online.


How did your interview go, NB. Mine is Friday. Flying there and back same day. Yikes!

Ugh, I dunno. I felt like an idiot the whole time, but then I think it ended on a pretty positive note. We'll see, I guess.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby D-hops » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:37 pm

violaboy wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16


Me too. Don't know how I feel about it.


<-----------Did not get an email. :(

<-----------Will be paying sticker.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:39 pm

D-hops wrote:
violaboy wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16


Me too. Don't know how I feel about it.


<-----------Did not get an email. :(

<-----------Will be paying sticker.


Yea I didn't even get my "LOL you money? LOL" email yet.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby D-hops » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
D-hops wrote:
violaboy wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16


Me too. Don't know how I feel about it.


<-----------Did not get an email. :(

<-----------Will be paying sticker.


Yea I didn't even get my "LOL you money? LOL" email yet.


Edit for RC Fail
Last edited by D-hops on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:40 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
danidancer wrote:Or have a 2nd interview, this time on-campus?


I did, so I don't see why not, unless they're out of spots. You can sign up online.


How did your interview go, NB. Mine is Friday. Flying there and back same day. Yikes!

Ugh, I dunno. I felt like an idiot the whole time, but then I think it ended on a pretty positive note. We'll see, I guess.


Best of luck to ya! Guess we'll know soon enough. I read through the hold thread from last year and those folks got decisions around late April (April 24 or so).

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:42 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:Best of luck to ya! Guess we'll know soon enough. I read through the hold thread from last year and those folks got decisions around late April (April 24 or so).

Thanks!

I really wish I could find out sooner, because I just lost my job so now I don't think I can afford two deposits if I haven't heard before the other deadlines, but not depositing at another school and risking getting in later is scary as hell. :| :(

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:43 pm

D-hops wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
D-hops wrote:
violaboy wrote:
Me too. Don't know how I feel about it.


<-----------Did not get an email. :(

<-----------Will be paying sticker.


Yea I didn't even get my "LOL you money? LOL" email yet.


No. You got one? WTF? Did they de-accept me?


No I haven't gotten one yet.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby D-hops » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
No I haven't gotten one yet.


Whoops, RC fail.

gmichaelbluth
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby gmichaelbluth » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:50 pm

chutzpah wrote:Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16


+1. Bummed.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NayBoer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:57 pm

You lost your job Nancy? Sorry to hear that. Did they do it because you're going to law school?

gmichaelbluth wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Just received an email indicating that all available scholarship funds are allocated at this time and there will be a second round after the scholly confirmation deadline of 4/16


+1. Bummed.
The benefit to squeaking in via ED is I won't be crushed when they tell me to take out $200k+ in loans. Instead, I'm delighted at the privilege of mortgaging 10 years of my life to pay for the next three.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:02 pm

NayBoer wrote:You lost your job Nancy? Sorry to hear that. Did they do it because you're going to law school?

Yeah, just found out yesterday. No - my boss resigned because of some shit with the way they were treating him, and since it's just him, me, and a part timer in our office, which was being closed anyway (they were just going to have us all work from his home office, since corporate is in another state), they decided to just basically get rid of all of us. I still get to work from home for a little while longer, but that's it.

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:49 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
NayBoer wrote:You lost your job Nancy? Sorry to hear that. Did they do it because you're going to law school?

Yeah, just found out yesterday. No - my boss resigned because of some shit with the way they were treating him, and since it's just him, me, and a part timer in our office, which was being closed anyway (they were just going to have us all work from his home office, since corporate is in another state), they decided to just basically get rid of all of us. I still get to work from home for a little while longer, but that's it.


Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that. C'mon NU!

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
NayBoer wrote:You lost your job Nancy? Sorry to hear that. Did they do it because you're going to law school?

Yeah, just found out yesterday. No - my boss resigned because of some shit with the way they were treating him, and since it's just him, me, and a part timer in our office, which was being closed anyway (they were just going to have us all work from his home office, since corporate is in another state), they decided to just basically get rid of all of us. I still get to work from home for a little while longer, but that's it.


Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that. C'mon NU!

Thanks. And yeah, seriously, COME ON NU!!! PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ!!

User avatar
KidLogarithm
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby KidLogarithm » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Got the email this morning with $45k scholarship. Really excited. Will probably send seat deposit after ASW.

User avatar
ilovelamp18
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby ilovelamp18 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 pm

KidLogarithm wrote:Got the email this morning with $45k scholarship. Really excited. Will probably send seat deposit after ASW.


Congratulations! This does make me somewhat question the email so many of us got today stating that all of the scholarship/grant money had been allocated. Maybe they sent our emails right after yours. :wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., cyclawps, lsa16, ramp_999 and 18 guests