Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Shellbelle

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Shellbelle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:40 pm

danidancer wrote:
apples wrote:has anyone from the first round of held applications in early february heard anything?

I haven't, but after reading that blog, I'm wondering if they received my form/LOCI. I emailed it a couple of weeks ago now and never received a confirmation. Did everyone else receive a confirmation? Or should I just call on Monday to confirm it's there/resend if necessary?

I didn't get one...called yesterday and they re-forwarded it to me. odd. I would def ask though!

apples

Postby apples » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Shellbelle wrote:
danidancer wrote:
apples wrote:has anyone from the first round of held applications in early february heard anything?

I haven't, but after reading that blog, I'm wondering if they received my form/LOCI. I emailed it a couple of weeks ago now and never received a confirmation. Did everyone else receive a confirmation? Or should I just call on Monday to confirm it's there/resend if necessary?

I didn't get one...called yesterday and they re-forwarded it to me. odd. I would def ask though!

All i got was an auto reply message from the admissions email address - not really acknowledging my LOCI though

elliefont

Postby elliefont » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:06 pm

apples wrote:
Shellbelle wrote:
danidancer wrote:

All i got was an auto reply message from the admissions email address - not really acknowledging my LOCI though

I didn't get a confirmation, so I called on March 1. the kid that answered the phone "recognized" my name from the pile he'd just been sorting through and assured me all my material had been received. It didn't really comfort me.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Visited campus today, did the self-guided tour and met with a very nice woman in admissions. The buildings were just awesome...I'm not sure what I expected, but I was impressed. The views out of the library of the lake were amazing, very easy to imagine spending long hours there.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:24 pm

elliefont wrote:
apples wrote:
Shellbelle wrote:
danidancer wrote:I haven't, but after reading that blog, I'm wondering if they received my form/LOCI. I emailed it a couple of weeks ago now and never received a confirmation. Did everyone else receive a confirmation? Or should I just call on Monday to confirm it's there/resend if necessary?

I didn't get a confirmation, so I called on March 1. the kid that answered the phone "recognized" my name from the pile he'd just been sorting through and assured me all my material had been received. It didn't really comfort me.

OK. Phew! It's probably fine then. I wonder why they felt the need to include the following on their blog
Oh, one more tiny detail. The response form: turn it in via fax or email. We mail out confirmations every 1-2 weeks and if you have not heard from us -- and you've checked your spam box -- then it is likely we don't have it. If this is the case you may fax or email it again, or call us to confirm that we have not received it.
if they're not actually "confirming" receipt of these things is beyond me... Talk about heart attack! I'll probably still call on Monday just to make sure, but the fact that no one else has received confirmation either is somehow comforting.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:25 pm

danidancer wrote:I'll probably still call on Monday just to make sure, but the fact that no one else has received confirmation either is somehow comforting.

I got a confirmation email.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 pm

beef wellington wrote:
danidancer wrote:I'll probably still call on Monday just to make sure, but the fact that no one else has received confirmation either is somehow comforting.

Interesting. A confirmation email aside from the generic auto response you get when you email admissions? When did you submit, Beef?

I was out of the country for about a week in February, and when I got home I spent a long time on my LOCI, so I ending up cutting things really close to the response deadline and emailing the form and letter together on March 1...

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:33 pm

danidancer wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

Interesting. A confirmation email aside from the generic auto response you get when you email admissions? When did you submit, Beef?

I was out of the country for about a week in February, and when I got home I spent a long time on my LOCI, so I ending up cutting things really close to the response deadline and emailing the form and letter together on March 1...

Sent my Candidate Response Form on 2/17, received confirmation on 3/3. It was a form letter but it was an explicit confirmation of receiving my materials, not the automated response you get for every email.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:34 pm

beef wellington wrote:
danidancer wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

Sent my Candidate Response Form on 2/17, received confirmation on 3/3. It was a form letter but it was an explicit confirmation of receiving my materials, not the automated response you get for every email.

OK, thanks. Definitely calling on Monday then! :D

autarkh

Postby autarkh » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:47 am

I haven't gotten any news since I applied in mid-late Jan and did my on-campus interview. No hold, no updates, nothing. Status checker still stuck at complete. What's the typical progression? Does it go: complete-->under review-->decision? Anyone that that applied around that time still waiting?

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:38 am

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hmlee

Postby hmlee » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 pm

danidancer wrote:
bdemon wrote:
hmlee wrote:
That pretty much conforms to last year. I was placed on hold at the end of March, sent LOCI, and accepted two and a half weeks later. By then it was the third week of April, and they had been admitting / rejecting people out of the hold pool all month. Shortly after I got in, they took the hold list and either waitlisted or rejected everyone else on it.

I had a very similar experience. I was on hold sometime in March. I interviewed in early April, and was accepted a couple weeks later. I was able to get some scholarship money, also, so a Hold is not a kiss of death at all.

Interesting, so it looks like we should start seeing some movement for us "held" folks in 2-3 weeks? I should get to work on my LOCI!

If you've been on hold for a while and haven't sent in a LOCI yet, I'd get on that before the start of April...

janer

Postby janer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Just got my scholarship information. $135,000 over 3 years. I think this may pull me away from Harvard and Penn since I want to practice in Chicago.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Congrats! I wonder if this means I'll be getting my non-scholarship info soon...

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Congrats! I wonder if this means I'll be getting my non-scholarship info soon...

Postby 09042014 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:21 pm

We are going to get the 73K Loan Package.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Desert Fox wrote:We are going to get the 73K Loan Package.

Oh, I know it. I would just like it to be official.

roundabout

Postby roundabout » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:52 pm

As per blog post, I e-mailed the admissions office to confirm they got my candidate response form- they forwarded me an email I supposedly received right after submitting it. Felt kind of stupid, but I really never got it- not in my spam folder or anywhere else.

KidLogarithm

Postby KidLogarithm » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:57 pm

roundabout wrote:As per blog post, I e-mailed the admissions office to confirm they got my candidate response form- they forwarded me an email I supposedly received right after submitting it. Felt kind of stupid, but I really never got it- not in my spam folder or anywhere else.

I called them today. never got the email, but they said they had all they needed.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:04 pm

roundabout wrote:As per blog post, I e-mailed the admissions office to confirm they got my candidate response form- they forwarded me an email I supposedly received right after submitting it. Felt kind of stupid, but I really never got it- not in my spam folder or anywhere else.

Me as well. Email is dated a day or 2 after I submitted. Never got it. Weird.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 pm

janer wrote:Just got my scholarship information. $135,000 over 3 years. I think this may pull me away from Harvard and Penn since I want to practice in Chicago.

Congrats!!! Email or snail mail?

opus127

Postby opus127 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
janer wrote:Just got my scholarship information. $135,000 over 3 years. I think this may pull me away from Harvard and Penn since I want to practice in Chicago.

Huge congrats! I didn't get nearly that much, but I did get some, and with NU already my top choice, I'm 99% sure that's where I'll go!

(The 1% is because I haven't been rejected by Stanford yet.)

janer

Postby janer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:

Thanks! It cam via email.

shadow.

Postby shadow. » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 am

Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:33 pm

shadow. wrote:On hold and just had my interview. E-mail or snail mail the thank you letter?

Should I send an LOCI as well?

Combine the two?

Related question... So I'm in the hold group, and I had an off-campus interview (with an adcom, not an alum) back in the fall. I'm trying to do whatever I can to make my application stand out in this second review so I get admitted. I've already sent in an LOCI, and I'm working on a second. I may be able to travel to Chicago in the coming weeks, but I'm wondering if it's worth it? Does anyone know if I would be able to meet with someone in admissions to have some questions answered (and reiterate my interest)? Or have a 2nd interview, this time on-campus?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”