Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
strokes788
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby strokes788 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Ohhh FML, I sent all my stuff on March 1st, essays, FAFSA, need-access, so I guess even if my numbers are pretty decent, if its first-come first served there definitely won't be merit aid or any money left. Northwestern is high on my list too but money is a factor

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby hmlee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:54 pm

strokes788 wrote:Ohhh FML, I sent all my stuff on March 1st, essays, FAFSA, need-access, so I guess even if my numbers are pretty decent, if its first-come first served there definitely won't be merit aid or any money left. Northwestern is high on my list too but money is a factor


I said sort of first come. In that, they do their best to *not* run out of money quickly even though decisions are made on a rolling basis. That comment really more applies to those people who are accepted after DANL.

strokes788
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby strokes788 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:29 pm

hmlee wrote:
strokes788 wrote:Ohhh FML, I sent all my stuff on March 1st, essays, FAFSA, need-access, so I guess even if my numbers are pretty decent, if its first-come first served there definitely won't be merit aid or any money left. Northwestern is high on my list too but money is a factor


I said sort of first come. In that, they do their best to *not* run out of money quickly even though decisions are made on a rolling basis. That comment really more applies to those people who are accepted after DANL.


Ohh I misread part of what you initially said, I was admitted in the February 5th wave and applied Mid-December, so I guess I'd be in the middle of the first applied/first admitted group. Any scholarship would be cool, however small, I was just happy to get in in the first place lol

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:01 pm

northwestern tweeted about decisions an hour ago. anyone?

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby opus127 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:07 pm

2 people on LSN just posted huge scholarship awards! Congrats to them!

I can hardly express how much I'm hoping for scholarship help myself, and I hope those who haven't heard yet won't have too long to wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting on $ and admissions decisions!

evergirl23
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby evergirl23 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:16 pm

eas331 wrote:2 people on LSN just posted huge scholarship awards! Congrats to them!

I can hardly express how much I'm hoping for scholarship help myself, and I hope those who haven't heard yet won't have too long to wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting on $ and admissions decisions!



At least one of those was if the person agreed to defer for a year.

Edit: On another note, will I receive an email confirming receipt of my scholarship essays/supplemental form?

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 pm

evergirl23 wrote:
eas331 wrote:2 people on LSN just posted huge scholarship awards! Congrats to them!

I can hardly express how much I'm hoping for scholarship help myself, and I hope those who haven't heard yet won't have too long to wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting on $ and admissions decisions!



At least one of those was if the person agreed to defer for a year.


Can I write a letter to Northwestern and tell them I'd be more than happy to defer for a year if it means they'll give me money?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:
eas331 wrote:2 people on LSN just posted huge scholarship awards! Congrats to them!

I can hardly express how much I'm hoping for scholarship help myself, and I hope those who haven't heard yet won't have too long to wait.

Good luck to everyone waiting on $ and admissions decisions!



At least one of those was if the person agreed to defer for a year.


Can I write a letter to Northwestern and tell them I'd be more than happy to defer for a year if it means they'll give me money?


Haha I think you need to be above both medians.

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby swimbrad » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:25 pm

135k if I defer until next year

didn't submit any essays, nor needaccess/fafsa and didn't interview

hth

Unknownsou
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Unknownsou » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:25 pm

So if I went complete 3/9/10, does that mean that Northwestern definitely is going to accept me or that they've already tossed my app. in the garbage and spit on it?

I just wanna know so bad.

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby opus127 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 pm

evergirl23 wrote:
Edit: On another note, will I receive an email confirming receipt of my scholarship essays/supplemental form?


Yes, you should get confirmation within a couple days of submitting everything.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby booboo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Unknownsou wrote:So if I went complete 3/9/10, does that mean that Northwestern definitely is going to accept me or that they've already tossed my app. in the garbage and spit on it?

I just wanna know so bad.


Seriously?

Unknownsou
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Unknownsou » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 pm

booboo wrote:
Unknownsou wrote:So if I went complete 3/9/10, does that mean that Northwestern definitely is going to accept me or that they've already tossed my app. in the garbage and spit on it?

I just wanna know so bad.


Seriously?


No. I'm just bored.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby booboo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Unknownsou wrote:
booboo wrote:
Unknownsou wrote:So if I went complete 3/9/10, does that mean that Northwestern definitely is going to accept me or that they've already tossed my app. in the garbage and spit on it?

I just wanna know so bad.


Seriously?


No. I'm just bored.


Oh. Okay.

newyorklaw23
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby newyorklaw23 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:28 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:northwestern tweeted about decisions an hour ago. anyone?



Just placed on hold, I didn't even know schools did that in March, haha.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Unknownsou wrote:So if I went complete 3/9/10, does that mean that Northwestern definitely is going to accept me or that they've already tossed my app. in the garbage and spit on it?

I just wanna know so bad.


Neither. Going complete just means your application was received correctly.

evergirl23
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby evergirl23 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:30 pm

eas331 wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:
Edit: On another note, will I receive an email confirming receipt of my scholarship essays/supplemental form?


Yes, you should get confirmation within a couple days of submitting everything.



Thank you! I am meeting with Jill Rubin Decremer on Friday, but I guess it's too much to hope that she will have a nice, big scholarship offer all ready when I walk in the door, huh? :wink: Northwestern really is my first choice, though, so it would be great to get something at some point!

gmichaelbluth
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby gmichaelbluth » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Congrats on the offers that went out today! So far on LSN, looks like they're just full ride if defer options...anyone get a scholly offer not contingent on deferring for a year?

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby opus127 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:37 pm

evergirl23 wrote:
eas331 wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:
Edit: On another note, will I receive an email confirming receipt of my scholarship essays/supplemental form?


Yes, you should get confirmation within a couple days of submitting everything.



Thank you! I am meeting with Jill Rubin Decremer on Friday, but I guess it's too much to hope that she will have a nice, big scholarship offer all ready when I walk in the door, huh? :wink: Northwestern really is my first choice, though, so it would be great to get something at some point!


Hope the meeting goes well on Friday! Will you check back in and let us know if you learn anything about when we can expect to hear scholarship decisions?

NU is definitely my top choice, but whether I can attend depends on scholarship money. I'm having a hard time waiting for this news!

User avatar
KidLogarithm
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby KidLogarithm » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:43 pm

eas331 wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:
Edit: On another note, will I receive an email confirming receipt of my scholarship essays/supplemental form?


Yes, you should get confirmation within a couple days of submitting everything.


I've received all sorts of emails, but nothing confirming receipt of my scholarship essay. Submitted March 1st.

Anyone else?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:48 pm

swimbrad wrote:135k if I defer until next year

didn't submit any essays, nor needaccess/fafsa and didn't interview

hth

I'm guessing you have high numbers but no work experience, right? Assuming that's the case, they want you to defer so that you get work experience. Hth.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:50 pm

getting into northwestern is a pyrrhic victory.

hth
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby D-hops » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:52 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
swimbrad wrote:135k if I defer until next year

didn't submit any essays, nor needaccess/fafsa and didn't interview

hth

I'm guessing you have high numbers but no work experience, right? Assuming that's the case, they want you to defer so that you get work experience. Hth.


It looks like everyone on LSN that got the scholarship money is currently in undergrad.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:53 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:HAHAHA THIS MEANS YOU GUYS MIGHT HAVE TO ATTEND A TRADE SCHOOL WITH AN INFLATED PRICE TAG AND HAVE DESERT FOX AS A CLASSMATE HAHAHAHA GETTING IN TO NORTHWESTERN LAW SCHOOL IS A PYRRHIC VICTORY IF EVER THERE WAS ONE!!!!


LOL pwnd.

User avatar
MURPH
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:20 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MURPH » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Got put on hold today. So I sent them a return email begging for admission.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”