Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Vegas_Rebel
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:18 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Vegas_Rebel » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:05 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:thanks. just got placed on hold.


+1

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:thanks. just got placed on hold.


Sorry Miranda, I know you really want NU. At least hold isn't a rejection and is a step above waitlist!

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby opus127 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Sorry about the holds.

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby violaboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:08 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:thanks. just got placed on hold.


I'm sorry! :(

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MirandaHobbes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:14 pm

thanks, guys. i'm more than a little bummed. but i'm already at work on the LOCI. guess i'll be kicking around this thread a while longer. :|

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby fl0w » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:16 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:thanks, guys. i'm more than a little bummed. but i'm already at work on the LOCI. guess i'll be kicking around this thread a while longer. :|


been there, done that. it's painful. but when you submit that LOCI and you know its the best letter you can write... you are a little proud of yourself. then you go back to the waiting again...

we should start a support group. was held a couple weeks back

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:42 pm

fl0w wrote:we should start a support group. was held a couple weeks back


this.

User avatar
MF248
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MF248 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:32 pm

On Hold.

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby luckyjd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:05 pm

i would accept a hold any day... actually, preferably waitlist. northwestern, please please stop toying with me. i'm approaching my 2 month mark (i know there are people who have been waiting longer, sorry folks)

User avatar
MF248
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MF248 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:09 pm

luckyjd wrote:i would accept a hold any day... actually, preferably waitlist. northwestern, please please stop toying with me. i'm approaching my 2 month mark (i know there are people who have been waiting longer, sorry folks)



Is a hold better than a waitlist, or is a waitlist better than an hold? I was under the impression that at most schools at hold is preferable to a WL.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby beef wellington » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 pm

MF248 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:i would accept a hold any day... actually, preferably waitlist. northwestern, please please stop toying with me. i'm approaching my 2 month mark (i know there are people who have been waiting longer, sorry folks)



Is a hold better than a waitlist, or is a waitlist better than an hold? I was under the impression that at most schools at hold is preferable to a WL.

A hold is marginally preferable, but will most likely just result in a WL anyway.

User avatar
Tweek
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:34 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Tweek » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Held today. Will it never end??

User avatar
MF248
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby MF248 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 pm

beef wellington wrote:
MF248 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:i would accept a hold any day... actually, preferably waitlist. northwestern, please please stop toying with me. i'm approaching my 2 month mark (i know there are people who have been waiting longer, sorry folks)



Is a hold better than a waitlist, or is a waitlist better than an hold? I was under the impression that at most schools at hold is preferable to a WL.

A hold is marginally preferable, but will most likely just result in a WL anyway.


Fantastic..... although I guess i can't really be upset. Going off LSP for the decisions I've reached so far all Admits -> Admits, all strong considers -> Holds and all considers - > rejects. If I actually managed to get into all of my 'admits' I'd be very happy with my cycle.

User avatar
Vegas_Rebel
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:18 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Vegas_Rebel » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 pm

MF248 wrote:Fantastic..... although I guess i can't really be upset. Going off LSP for the decisions I've reached so far all Admits -> Admits, all strong considers -> Holds and all considers - > rejects. If I actually managed to get into all of my 'admits' I'd be very happy with my cycle.


That seems to be about my pattern. I had one 'weak consider' hold me, but I'm not getting in unless hell freezes over, and probably not even then.

I'd figured ~50% meant I'd get into some of those schools, but not this cycle it seems. I can't decide if I want to bother with a LOCI for NU or just withdraw and put this cycle out of its misery.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:27 am

As far as LSP goes, so far I've been admitted w/money to a few Admits, WL-ed at another (which was def YP), WL-ed at a Strong Consider, accepted at a Weak Consider, and denied at a couple of Considers. From this, I gather that splitter + good softs = unpredictable cycle.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 am

beef wellington wrote:
MF248 wrote:
luckyjd wrote:i would accept a hold any day... actually, preferably waitlist. northwestern, please please stop toying with me. i'm approaching my 2 month mark (i know there are people who have been waiting longer, sorry folks)



Is a hold better than a waitlist, or is a waitlist better than an hold? I was under the impression that at most schools at hold is preferable to a WL.

A hold is marginally preferable, but will most likely just result in a WL anyway.


Last year, my experience was that it was the other way around at NU (unlike WUSTL).

User avatar
Chichaca
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Chichaca » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 am

Forgive me for asking a question without having followed the thread. Have merit scholarships been offered yet? I don't see any on LSN, but I thought I'd ask here.

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby opus127 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:57 am

Chichaca wrote:Forgive me for asking a question without having followed the thread. Have merit scholarships been offered yet? I don't see any on LSN, but I thought I'd ask here.


Once you submit your essays, you'll get a confirmation e-mail. Mine says offers will be made after March 1. (And, just to be clear, NU says grant/scholarship aid is determined by a combination of merit and need, so there are no strictly merit-based scholarships.)

ncct07
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:24 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby ncct07 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 am

Chichaca wrote:Forgive me for asking a question without having followed the thread. Have merit scholarships been offered yet? I don't see any on LSN, but I thought I'd ask here.



You have to fill out financial aid forms before being considered for scholarships, merit or otherwise.

March 1st is the deadline for regular JD applicants.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby hmlee » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:23 pm

ncct07 wrote:
Chichaca wrote:Forgive me for asking a question without having followed the thread. Have merit scholarships been offered yet? I don't see any on LSN, but I thought I'd ask here.



You have to fill out financial aid forms before being considered for scholarships, merit or otherwise.

March 1st is the deadline for regular JD applicants.


Except for those admitted after March 1st. Then I believe the deadline is either two weeks or a month from the date of admittance.

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:00 pm

So um, they're sending out decisions today.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby IAFG » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:00 pm

admitted via email

User avatar
dontstopbelivin
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby dontstopbelivin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:As far as LSP goes, so far I've been admitted w/money to a few Admits, WL-ed at another (which was def YP), WL-ed at a Strong Consider, accepted at a Weak Consider, and denied at a couple of Considers. From this, I gather that splitter + good softs = unpredictable cycle.


+1 Oh so true, particularly this year.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2779
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby forza » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:16 pm

IAFG wrote:admitted via email


Image

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey, what'dya know, I'm in at Northwestern :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dddddd90, Google Adsense [Bot], Hopefullawkid2015, Keilz, lillawyer2, TudoBem and 15 guests