Northwestern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby NayBoer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:06 pm

poprox wrote:
NayBoer wrote:Any other admits just get an email from NU with a USPS tracking number?



yes. I hope it's scholarship notification, but I have a sinking feeling they are just sending a viewbook and info about admitted students day.


Haha, I know I didn't get a scholarship, so it's either a viewbook or an acceptance letter of some sort.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:12 pm

NayBoer wrote:Any other admits just get an email from NU with a USPS tracking number?


Yes.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:13 pm

poprox wrote:
NayBoer wrote:Any other admits just get an email from NU with a USPS tracking number?



yes. I hope it's scholarship notification, but I have a sinking feeling they are just sending a viewbook and info about admitted students day.


Not a scholarship notification, they said they aren't starting that until after the March 1 deadline for fafsa and needaccess.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:13 pm

poprox wrote:
NayBoer wrote:Any other admits just get an email from NU with a USPS tracking number?



yes. I hope it's scholarship notification, but I have a sinking feeling they are just sending a viewbook and info about admitted students day.


of perhaps next semester's bill? j/k

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Come on Northwestern. I was complete 12/1 and it's been eight weeks. I need to know!

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:47 pm

I'll probably get it tomorrow morning.

User avatar
thisiswater1488
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby thisiswater1488 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:31 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:Come on Northwestern. I was complete 12/1 and it's been eight weeks. I need to know!


+1

Complete 11/19. This is getting really old.

rogerlodge
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby rogerlodge » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:00 am

I'm guessing it's a binder/booklet for ASW since Fin Aid would probably come by USPS or email

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Dignan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:05 am

LieutKaffee wrote:Come on Northwestern. I was complete 12/1 and it's been eight weeks. I need to know!

I was complete 11/19 and still haven't heard. Is there anyone else still out there with a mid-November complete date (or earlier) and no decision?

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:29 am

Dignan wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:Come on Northwestern. I was complete 12/1 and it's been eight weeks. I need to know!

I was complete 11/19 and still haven't heard. Is there anyone else still out there with a mid-November complete date (or earlier) and no decision?


I believe their email says if you go complete before 12/1, you should still count from 12/1 for the 8 weeks because that's when they start reviewing.

User avatar
thisiswater1488
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby thisiswater1488 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:48 am

LieutKaffee wrote:
Dignan wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:Come on Northwestern. I was complete 12/1 and it's been eight weeks. I need to know!

I was complete 11/19 and still haven't heard. Is there anyone else still out there with a mid-November complete date (or earlier) and no decision?


I believe their email says if you go complete before 12/1, you should still count from 12/1 for the 8 weeks because that's when they start reviewing.


Which puts us pre-12/1 complete people at what, 11 weeks?

Anyone else still waiting on a November complete date?

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby parker09 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 am

Anyone on hold who returned their "accepting the hold" or whatever form: Did you guys get an acknowledgment that they got it? I faxed it last week, and haven't heard anything back.

User avatar
roundabout
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby roundabout » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:11 am

parker09 wrote:Anyone on hold who returned their "accepting the hold" or whatever form: Did you guys get an acknowledgment that they got it? I faxed it last week, and haven't heard anything back.


I haven't sent mine yet- was waiting until I have my LOCI put together. Will let you know once I send it.

Do you think I should wait? Or just send the form back ASAP and get the LOCI to them at the end of the week? (I got my hold notice Friday)

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby fl0w » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 am

parker09 wrote:Anyone on hold who returned their "accepting the hold" or whatever form: Did you guys get an acknowledgment that they got it? I faxed it last week, and haven't heard anything back.


because of the tight deadline within which they requested a response, i ensured that they had received all of my information after 2 business days. after my inquiry, they sent me notification via email when the last outstanding item had been processed.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby hmlee » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 am

I don't think I ever got an acknowledgement of the hold return form last year... but I remember calling after a few days and getting confirmation that they received it.

daviddel03
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby daviddel03 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 pm

sorry if this was discussed previously, but is being on "hold" different/better than being "waitlisted"?

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby beef wellington » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:13 pm

daviddel03 wrote:sorry if this was discussed previously, but is being on "hold" different/better than being "waitlisted"?

Being on hold means you have to wait three months to find out you're waitlisted. Seriously, to me, it's pretty much semantics.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:22 pm

beef wellington wrote:
daviddel03 wrote:sorry if this was discussed previously, but is being on "hold" different/better than being "waitlisted"?

Being on hold means you have to wait three months to find out you're waitlisted. Seriously, to me, it's pretty much semantics.

I was held also, but I'm considering it a waitlist for all intents and purposes. Just sent my first LOCI, sent the "hold me" form last week.

User avatar
cutiewiddlebebe
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:40 pm

JD application deadline extended until 03/01. Doesn't make me feel great about my chances at this point...

http://twitter.com/nulawadmissions

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby parker09 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:45 pm

fl0w wrote:
parker09 wrote:Anyone on hold who returned their "accepting the hold" or whatever form: Did you guys get an acknowledgment that they got it? I faxed it last week, and haven't heard anything back.


because of the tight deadline within which they requested a response, i ensured that they had received all of my information after 2 business days. after my inquiry, they sent me notification via email when the last outstanding item had been processed.


Hm, thanks (and everyone else who responded, too).

I'm just going to sit tight till Feb 28 (my form was due March 1), and if I haven't heard anything yet, I'll call.

alabamabound
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby alabamabound » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:52 pm

thisiswater1488 wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:
Dignan wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:Come on Northwestern. I was complete 12/1 and it's been eight weeks. I need to know!

I was complete 11/19 and still haven't heard. Is there anyone else still out there with a mid-November complete date (or earlier) and no decision?


I believe their email says if you go complete before 12/1, you should still count from 12/1 for the 8 weeks because that's when they start reviewing.


Which puts us pre-12/1 complete people at what, 11 weeks?

Anyone else still waiting on a November complete date?


Yes.

lawyerlover
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby lawyerlover » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 pm

for those of your sending in LOCI to Northwestern - who did you address it to?
I am currently on hold.

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby violaboy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:27 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:JD application deadline extended until 03/01. Doesn't make me feel great about my chances at this point...

http://twitter.com/nulawadmissions


It's probably for the February takers who got slammed with slow and are taking it later.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:29 pm

lawyerlover wrote:for those of your sending in LOCI to Northwestern - who did you address it to?
I am currently on hold.

Dean Lee, who wrote the hold letter.

User avatar
roundabout
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am

Re: Northwestern 2010

Postby roundabout » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:35 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:JD application deadline extended until 03/01. Doesn't make me feel great about my chances at this point...

http://twitter.com/nulawadmissions


Srsly? Why would they do this?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AJ1010, Baidu [Spider], cathy95, ec333, myronbolitar, oliviaj_j, potterotter, spursforever and 12 guests