Northwestern 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Drew2010

Bronze

Re: Northwestern 2010

Post by Drew2010 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:08 pm

D-hops wrote:
Piece is excellent. Try the mashed potato pizza, sounds wierd but is delicious.
Ya, that does sound pretty weird. Mmmm, this talk is getting me so excited to live in a big city.. so many great restaurants to taste/prevent me from ever getting back in great shape

elliefont

Bronze

Post by elliefont » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Drew2010 wrote:
D-hops wrote:
Ya, that does sound pretty weird. Mmmm, this talk is getting me so excited to live in a big city.. so many great restaurants to taste/prevent me from ever getting back in great shape
oohhh, don't worry about that. law books are really heavy (upper body) and the NU library has a huge staircase (lower body) and you'll be too busy to eat (killer diet). Law school = greatest shape of your life!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Drew2010 wrote:
D-hops wrote:
I plan on wasting my money on good food then not eating at home because I have no money.

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:26 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:(m)any good vegetarian restaurants in chicago?
There's a fantastic one up near Wrigleyville/Boystown, the Chicago Diner. http://www.veggiediner.com/wp/
Just go up the red/purple/brown line to the Belmont stop, and it's about a 5-10 minute walk.

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:28 pm

violaboy wrote:
There's a fantastic one up near Wrigleyville/Boystown, the Chicago Diner. http://www.veggiediner.com/wp/
Just go up the red/purple/brown line to the Belmont stop, and it's about a 5-10 minute walk.
thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Drew2010

Bronze

Post by Drew2010 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 pm

elliefont wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:
D-hops wrote:
oohhh, don't worry about that. law books are really heavy (upper body) and the NU library has a huge staircase (lower body) and you'll be too busy to eat (killer diet). Law school = greatest shape of your life!
haha, sounds good :) I do like the look of holmes place.. and the streeter has a little gym area that I'll probably use when I want to get an extra workout done at night.. I really think law school could = back in shape

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:35 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
violaboy wrote:
thanks!
Yeah, I found it while thrift shopping just before college. It was intense for this little closeted boy to wander into Boystown...

Vin

New

Post by Vin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Hey guys,

A while ago someone mentioned that they were planning on emailing the admissions office and asking if they could somehow switch from regular decision to early decision. Did anyone end up trying it? If so, what was the outcome?

jfonz

New

Post by jfonz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Look at the Northwestern forum, talking about practical things like food and pining for the physiques of days gone by - I guess we really are the older crowd.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mayosmith

Bronze

Post by mayosmith » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:37 pm

D-hops wrote:Piece is excellent. Try the mashed potato pizza, sounds wierd but is delicious.
+1 on Piece. They actually call it New Haven style, which is kind of funny in a TLS context.

BTW, I wouldn't mind living in Wicker or Bucktown, but the Blue Line --> bus commute looks annoying. Any thoughts out there?

Drew2010

Bronze

Post by Drew2010 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:39 pm

jfonz wrote:Look at the Northwestern forum, talking about practical things like food and pining for the physiques of days gone by - I guess we really are the older crowd.
haha.. true..

jfonz

New

Post by jfonz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Signs of life on the NU Twitter feed. Nothing regarding decisions, though.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Going to the Portillos on Ontario for dinner tonight, I'm so excited for a Combo, Cheese fries and a shake.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Going to the Portillos on Ontario for dinner tonight, I'm so excited for a Combo, Cheese fries and a shake.
i would actually recommend not getting cheese fries. get regular fries and ask for honey mustard for dipping. Portillos has one of the best honey mustard sides of anywhere i've ever been. It's a weird thing to like about a place, but I can't help it. Just try it!

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Going to the Portillos on Ontario for dinner tonight, I'm so excited for a Combo, Cheese fries and a shake.
I miss Portillo's......

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:18 pm

fl0w wrote:
i would actually recommend not getting cheese fries. get regular fries and ask for honey mustard for dipping. Portillos has one of the best honey mustard sides of anywhere i've ever been. It's a weird thing to like about a place, but I can't help it. Just try it!
I'll try it.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
fl0w wrote:
I'll try it.
nice, lemme know how you like it!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:15 pm

violaboy wrote:
I miss Portillo's......
+1 ... italian beef... yum. their salads are really good too.

Shellbelle

Bronze

Post by Shellbelle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:31 pm

fl0w wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
fl0w wrote: Lou Malnati's for deep dish.
Disagree, but maybe because I lived very close to a suburban Lou Malnati's and its fucked out for me.
I love thin crust.. mmmmm
Thin crust... actually I just had some good thin crust from a couple of places. What I think is the best is a place called Piece. Delicious. They are sort of out of the way though (in whicker park).

Another great food place you'll want to go to (also a little out of the way) is Smoke. AMAZING ribs. Another great rib place is Twin Anchors, and that's a little closer too.
yessss I'm a piece addddddddddddict! (when I make it out to chicago of course) yum yummm

LifeinKodachrome

New

Post by LifeinKodachrome » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:02 pm

All this talk of food is almost making me forget the 8 week decision promise.

Almost...

earlgrey

New

Post by earlgrey » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:03 pm

There are actually quite a few. In wicker park there's Handlebar, Earwax and Mana. There's also Green Zebra and Karyn's (which is closer to the law school). Those are the ones I've been to. They're all quite good.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:09 pm

earlgrey wrote:
There are actually quite a few. In wicker park there's Handlebar, Earwax and Mana. There's also Green Zebra and Karyn's (which is closer to the law school). Those are the ones I've been to. They're all quite good.
very cool. thanks!

also: earwax :shock:

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:27 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
earlgrey wrote:
very cool. thanks!

Horrible name, awesome food. There's also a vegan fast food restaurant in Wicker called Veggie Bite.

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Beatrice wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:
earlgrey wrote:
very cool. thanks!

Horrible name, awesome food. There's also a vegan fast food restaurant in Wicker called Veggie Bite.
vegan fast food? chicago is my new favorite town. you hear that NU? i <3 chicago.

Shellbelle

Bronze

Post by Shellbelle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:47 pm

hmm I vote all of us still over 8 weeks should be let it (preferably immediately) and then thrown a pizza tasting party as our prize for patience. then maybe, just maybe, we could overlook this horrible nothingness they call waiting.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”