Northwestern 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Diamond

Re: Northwestern 2010

Post by 09042014 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:20 am

ughOSU wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
ughOSU wrote:I don't know about everyone else, but I'm counting you, ClemCarter, and your Great Aunt in the threeway....

Sorry I had to call you out on that one, but you are using a Nazi's nickname as your username...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_Rommel
Rommel was a German not a Nazi. He was also part of the plot to kill Hitler, and died because of it. He never engaged in war crimes, or any atrocities.
Right, as far as people fighting for the Germans in the second world war, Rommel wasn't so much of a Nazi. And as far as anyone enabling hitler to remain in power can be not responsible for the war crimes committed in that war, he wasn't responsible for the war crimes. I want to get back to the more interesting part of this conversation....

So you're not denying the three I counted in the threeway? Interesting...
I can neither confirm nor deny.

gmichaelbluth

Bronze

Post by gmichaelbluth » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

natalie123 wrote:i interviewed before t'giving, and my status checker has said "pending interview" since then. i emailed awhile back asking about this... they told me not to worry, that my checker would eventually update. it's been two more weeks, and my checker STILL says "pending interview date" ... i don't want to hassle them, but should i call?
+1. It'll be two weeks for me tomorrow and it still says "pending interview." I got the same response from them when I emailed last week. I'm probably going to wait, and if it's still like that after Christmas, call.

rogerlodge

New

Post by rogerlodge » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:50 am

Mine has said complete since 11/5 when my interview wasn't until 11/17. Seems weird.

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 am

Desert Fox wrote:The worst part of this wait is that my brother is at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and I go visit him 3 times a week, and I see the law school there just haunting me. Also my Great Aunt told me I can probably live in her town home(shes in California most of the year) on the far northside rent free if I get in. That just jinxed me.

Sorry to hear about your brother.

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:54 am

Desert Fox wrote:

Oh, I can deny. I have a no-nazi-sympathizers policy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:54 am

SpaceDawg wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:The worst part of this wait is that my brother is at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and I go visit him 3 times a week, and I see the law school there just haunting me. Also my Great Aunt told me I can probably live in her town home(shes in California most of the year) on the far northside rent free if I get in. That just jinxed me.

Thanks, he is really lucky to be alive. He hit a tree at an unimaginable rate of speed. His two best friends died in the accident.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:55 am

Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:02 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Lest I be branded a nazi I guess I'll have to clear this up, I'm not a nazy-sympathizer. Respect for Rommel's brilliance as a military commander doesn't mean a person is a nazi. For fucks sake Montgomery named his dog after him.

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:07 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Lest I be branded a nazi I guess I'll have to clear this up, I'm not a nazy-sympathizer. Respect for Rommel's brilliance as a military commander doesn't mean a person is a nazi. For fucks sake Montgomery named his dog after him.
So... you're denying the Holocaust, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:14 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

lol stop messing with the guy! although it is hilarious.

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:15 pm

finalaspects wrote: lol stop messing with the guy! although it is hilarious.
He knows I'm just playin'.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:19 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
the mind games that you play with your bf (future, present or past) must be a sight to see

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:20 pm

finalaspects wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
the mind games that you play with your bf (future, present or past) must be a sight to see
That's quite an extrapolation.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:31 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Haha, ok, you got me.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:36 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
That's quite an extrapolation.
It's easy to assume that you're a smart lady. Anyone who actually applies to law school (post in a t14 thread) probably is. But the sarcastic humor that your portray is all the more reason, that if you did use it against a bf, will be very funny. Assuming you don't use it for evil purposes.

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:41 pm

finalaspects wrote:
It's easy to assume that you're a smart lady. Anyone who actually applies to law school (post in a t14 thread) probably is. But the sarcastic humor that your portray is all the more reason, that if you did use it against a bf, will be very funny. Assuming you don't use it for evil purposes.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:56 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CAwolverine

New

Post by CAwolverine » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:

Thanks, he is really lucky to be alive. He hit a tree at an unimaginable rate of speed. His two best friends died in the accident.
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. For some reason I read your original post as saying you have a brother that works at the hospital. I hope he recovers.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

FYI somehow I flipped the years looking at the windows clock calendar. The days of the week that ED decisions came out in years past were Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Also, looking at old threads it looks like emails can come as late as 5 pm Eastern.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 25#p380075
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 05#p350062
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8#p1067594

But it looks like emails can come earlier in the day.

Found several ED admits in last year's thread who did not post data on LSN. Meaning at least 4 people were admitted ED, between TLS and LSN.

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:20 pm

CAwolverine wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
SpaceDawg wrote:

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. For some reason I read your original post as saying you have a brother that works at the hospital. I hope he recovers.

Poor guy, he must be really distraught over his friends.

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 pm

NayBoer wrote:FYI somehow I flipped the years looking at the windows clock calendar. The days of the week that ED decisions came out in years past were Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Also, looking at old threads it looks like emails can come as late as 5 pm Eastern.

Found several ED admits in last year's thread who did not post data on LSN. Meaning at least 4 people were admitted ED, between TLS and LSN.
What were the people wearing when they got their acceptances? I will wear that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:23 pm

NayBoer wrote:FYI somehow I flipped the years looking at the windows clock calendar. The days of the week that ED decisions came out in years past were Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I like you NayBoer. You are as neurotic as me but with much more initiative.

Any of those ED admits super low GPA splitters?

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I like you NayBoer. You are as neurotic as me but with much more initiative.

I didn't see numbers for either of them. Used the view user posts for the one with <30 posts, didn't see any numbers. The other one had hundreds of posts and no LSN, so didn't bother. Otherwise, only left with LSN.

wildcatorbust, 171 / 3.17 - 2008
satajo, URM 167 / 2.87 - 2008
throwdini, 171 / 2.95 - 2005

Not a great sample size. Six years of data and all we get are two URMs, two splitters, and two reverse-splitters. But if you look at the ED rejections, none of them scored 170+. So there's that, at least.
SpaceDawg wrote:What were the people wearing when they got their acceptances? I will wear that.
Hoodies = in
Skinny jeans = out
Carpenter jeans = waitlist (if accompanied by WE in carpentry)

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Also, I'm not just neurotic; I'm also tedious and obsessive. Give me my credit, please! : P

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:33 pm

NayBoer wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I like you NayBoer. You are as neurotic as me but with much more initiative.

I didn't see numbers for either of them. Used the view user posts for the one with <30 posts, didn't see any numbers. The other one had hundreds of posts and no LSN, so didn't bother. Otherwise, only left with LSN.

wildcatorbust, 171 / 3.17 - 2008
satajo, URM 167 / 2.87 - 2008
throwdini, 171 / 2.95 - 2005

Not a great sample size. Six years of data and all we get are two URMs, two splitters, and two reverse-splitters. But if you look at the ED rejections, none of them scored 170+. So there's that, at least.
SpaceDawg wrote:What were the people wearing when they got their acceptances? I will wear that.
Hoodies = in
Skinny jeans = out
Carpenter jeans = waitlist (if accompanied by WE in carpentry)
I feel cautiously optimistic. NU has to take low gpa splitters to keep its LSAT up (its LSAT is way above its rank), its just a matter of which to take. I hope they feel, eh might as well lock up two of them now with ED, instead of running the risk of us taking money at WUSTL or UIUC and turning down the waitlist admit in May or June.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”