Northwestern 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
violaboy

Bronze

Re: Northwestern 2010

Post by violaboy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:08 pm

Just turned in my app. My last one!

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:27 pm

Saw a hidden waiver finally tonight, and my application is submitted. 2nd to last one. Waiting to hear about my interview here in CT.

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:08 am

sharthree wrote:
oneforship wrote:Anyone in the DC area gotten their off-campus interview information yet?
yep...and had my interview today. I submitted my app on 10/2; didn't receive and email by the 21st and called to check. They resent the email dated 10/13 to me the next day.

Hmm, I wonder if I should re-request my interview? I haven't had any response, and requested it roughly 3 weeks ago? Although I won't be back in the country for another 2 weeks, so I guess it's not too urgent yet...

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:39 am

Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Fri May 01, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 pm

ED application complete 10/15.

Had on-campus interview. I really enjoyed the campus and the city, or what I was able to see in my few-hour window. Glad I did ED.

They say that they process decisions approximately 8 weeks after receipt, but the clock doesn't start ticking until Dec 1. Anyone who applied on Oct 2 or whatever should still not expect a decision until January. Sorry. ED means I will get word in December.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Hello all. App Received 10/6, Currently marked as Complete pending interview.

Had my interview (off campus) today with a very nice alum. Now to start the endless waiting.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:08 pm

I thought that NU was the latest of all T14 schools for sending out the initial wave of non-ED decisions.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:27 pm

Helmholtz wrote:I thought that NU was the latest of all T14 schools for sending out the initial wave of non-ED decisions.
Why do you bring it up? Are they sending them out?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:14 pm

NayBoer wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:I thought that NU was the latest of all T14 schools for sending out the initial wave of non-ED decisions.
No, that was just in response to Cy's endless waiting comment.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Apple Tree

Bronze

Post by Apple Tree » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Just found out the hidden FW. That makes me happy! I was not gonna spend $100 :D

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:27 pm

That won't stop me from logging into the status checker everyday until then.

Does anyone know if there are meetings like Status Checkers Anonymous that I can attend until the end of the cycle? Or is that what TLS is during the Fall?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:40 pm

Lame...interviewers in my area are full up, so I'll have to take the train in to NYC.

Oh well, I still love you NU.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:59 am

Helmholtz wrote:
NayBoer wrote:
No, that was just in response to Cy's endless waiting comment.
Thanks, sorry. I missed that because apparently I can't read English.
CyLaw wrote:Does anyone know if there are meetings like Status Checkers Anonymous that I can attend until the end of the cycle? Or is that what TLS is during the Fall?
Going to TLS for Status Checkers Anonymous is like going to an orgy for Sex Addicts Anonymous.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:11 pm

NayBoer wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Does anyone know if there are meetings like Status Checkers Anonymous that I can attend until the end of the cycle? Or is that what TLS is during the Fall?
Going to TLS for Status Checkers Anonymous is like going to an orgy for Sex Addicts Anonymous.
Crap. Now I have to find two new meetings.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Applied yesterday, have my off-campus interview this afternoon. It begins!!

SpaceDawg

Bronze

Post by SpaceDawg » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Applied yesterday, have my off-campus interview this afternoon. It begins!!

Good luck!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:39 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Applied yesterday, have my off-campus interview this afternoon. It begins!!

Good luck!
Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:59 pm

Just emailed my interviewer to schedule.

I have to admit, I feel sort of dirty scheduling an interview when I'm already ED elsewhere and am using NW as a backup. I just have to make sure not to accidently say "My favorite part about Columbia...err...Northwestern is"...

I know Helmholtz knows what I'm talking about.

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:09 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:Just emailed my interviewer to schedule.

I have to admit, I feel sort of dirty scheduling an interview when I'm already ED elsewhere and am using NW as a backup. I just have to make sure not to accidently say "My favorite part about Columbia...err...Northwestern is"...

Agreed, I'm interviewing with NU and Vandy next week with my ED at CLS.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:09 pm

I don't want to hijack this thread but I have a similar question. How (in)appropriate would it be for me to cancel my Vanderbilt interview scheduled for Wednesday now that I've already been accepted at Duke and Gtown (and, thus, would never go to Vanderbilt)?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:11 pm

crackberry wrote:

I don't want to hijack this thread but I have a similar question. How (in)appropriate would it be for me to cancel my Vanderbilt interview scheduled for Wednesday now that I've already been accepted at Duke and Gtown (and, thus, would never go to Vanderbilt)?
I wouldn't do it, you never know what kind of money Vandy might throw at you, and if it is large enough, maybe you could use it to squeeze more $ out of someone else. Adcoms play the numbers game, no reason you can't either.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Apparently the NU status checker does not magically render a decision just because you check it every day. That or I need to be checking twice a day.
crackberry wrote:

I think it's appropriate, especially since I assume the interview is with the VULS adcomm staff. If you won't go then they shouldn't have to waste their time. Actually canceling without withdrawing might bew awkward and I'll leave to you the strategy.

Agree with oneforship that there may be money or other factors that bring you to Vandy. The trip might also change your mind and tempt you to take a rather large scholarship there. I'm not sure the degree to which T14 schools will be moved to negotiate by a Vandy scholarship.

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:48 pm

NayBoer wrote: Agree with oneforship that there may be money or other factors that bring you to Vandy. The trip might also change your mind and tempt you to take a rather large scholarship there. I'm not sure the degree to which T14 schools will be moved to negotiate by a Vandy scholarship.
Yeah, I'm not sure either, but you never know if it is a significant sum. Main point is, I don't think it's inappropriate at all to take the interview and fully explore all of your options, regardless of how likely they may be.

ankit

Bronze

Post by ankit » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Finally complete at Northwestern according to the status checker. Had my interview in early October, and NU was my last application to go complete!

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:53 am

Interview is set up for Christmas break. Hopefully it won't take them too long after that to get everything done.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”