Northwestern 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NancyBotwin

Silver

Re: Northwestern 2010

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:50 pm

I did not receive an email, but I happened to check my status and look at the decision letter again. This time it's different. No longer held - I am now waitlisted. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:53 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:......

I did not receive an email, but I happened to check my status and look at the decision letter again. This time it's different. No longer held - I am now waitlisted. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Me too! I am sorry for your loss, but I am just glad that I can, in fact, 'has decision.'

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Don't worry. A lot of TLS-ers that went from hold > waitlist last year were admitted in May. Check out last year's waitlist thread:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=150

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Ditto. Bummer.

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Jericwithers wrote:

Me too! I am sorry for your loss, but I am just glad that I can, in fact, 'has decision.'
so sorry jeric and nb. nothing for me yet. guess that means i'm in tomorrow's ding batch. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Wow they make me fill out another form to be on the waitlist, after filling out a similar form and giving a similar 'show of interest' just to be put on hold. This is one waitlist I won't be wasting my time filling out, so good luck and I hope the 20-25% of people accepted off the waitlist are those who truly want to go!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Wow they make me fill out another form to be on the waitlist, after filling out a similar form and giving a similar 'show of interest' just to be put on hold. This is one waitlist I won't be wasting my time filling out, so good luck and I hope the 20-25% of people accepted off the waitlist are those who truly want to go!
Yeah, I've already sent them 2 LOCIs - one before my visit and one after. HOW MUCH MORE PROOF DO THEY NEED?!?!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:57 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Wow they make me fill out another form to be on the waitlist, after filling out a similar form and giving a similar 'show of interest' just to be put on hold. This is one waitlist I won't be wasting my time filling out, so good luck and I hope the 20-25% of people accepted off the waitlist are those who truly want to go!
Yeah, I've already sent them 2 LOCIs - one before my visit and one after. HOW MUCH MORE PROOF DO THEY NEED?!?!
van Gogh's recommendation? Send them an ear.

TTT-LS

Silver

Post by TTT-LS » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DarkwingDick

New

Post by DarkwingDick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Yep, same here.

Tweek

New

Post by Tweek » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:35 pm

Still says "on hold" for me... I have no idea what this all means anymore...

dreaming

Bronze

Post by dreaming » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Tweek wrote:Still says "on hold" for me... I have no idea what this all means anymore...
Me too...but they might be in the process of uploading our waitlists/rejections :?

noname4

New

Post by noname4 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 pm

No accepts/dings yet? Just WLs?
Last edited by noname4 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Shellbelle

Bronze

Post by Shellbelle » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:57 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

Diddo. I told them in my application, on campus interview & my LOCIs there were my first choice and would absolutely attend.

I'm gunna sleep on it...but I feel as if enough is enough.

noname4

New

Post by noname4 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Anyone get their status check updated recently (like last 5 min) or are they done? Weird that they didn't tweet about it this morning with everyone breathing down their necks.

Jrugg88

New

Post by Jrugg88 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:03 pm

I also checked my letter again and went from "Held" to "WL"

I thought this was somewhat strange given that I was "held" within the last week and there was no e-mail or other update to notify about the change aside from simply checking the letter again.

I called to inquire and they indicated they had begun to review candidates placed on "hold" and were issuing decisions as they went along.

Good luck to everyone else!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Just emailed in the response form along with YET ANOTHER loci (this time I skipped all the "this is why I want to go" stuff, they have 2 letters from me about that already). :cry:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Just emailed in the response form along with YET ANOTHER loci (this time I skipped all the "this is why I want to go" stuff, they have 2 letters from me about that already). :cry:
Lol I think sending in the form already is a good way to your our continuing interest, as they haven't even sent out emails yet saying a decision has been made. Good luck getting off the WL quick; you deserve it!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Just emailed in the response form along with YET ANOTHER loci (this time I skipped all the "this is why I want to go" stuff, they have 2 letters from me about that already). :cry:
Lol I think sending in the form already is a good way to your our continuing interest, as they haven't even sent out emails yet saying a decision has been made. Good luck getting off the WL quick; you deserve it!
Thanks! I sure hope so! A quick decision would be nice, since UIUC wants their 2nd $500 by May 21, and I'm poor and jobless now, so that's a lot of money. :cry:

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Also held -> waitlist.

autarkh

Bronze

Post by autarkh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Sorry to hear about the WLs.

Just checked my status. Still on original hold. Good or bad? Will choose to interpret as good until further notice.
Last edited by autarkh on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

noname4

New

Post by noname4 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Who knows... last year it was accepts on thursday and rejects and WLs on Friday of this same week. Confusing to have WLs first. Maybe its WLs then rejects with no admits? Maybe accepts tomorrow. No way to tell.

autarkh

Bronze

Post by autarkh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:34 pm

noname4 wrote:Who knows... last year it was accepts on thursday and rejects and WLs on Friday of this same week. Confusing to have WLs first. Maybe its WLs then rejects with no admits? Maybe accepts tomorrow. No way to tell.
Like I said: will choose interpret as good until further notice. The "further notice" will probably be a large bucket of icy water -- but as of right now, I'm still dry.

MirandaHobbes

Bronze

Post by MirandaHobbes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:52 pm

autarkh wrote:
noname4 wrote:Who knows... last year it was accepts on thursday and rejects and WLs on Friday of this same week. Confusing to have WLs first. Maybe its WLs then rejects with no admits? Maybe accepts tomorrow. No way to tell.
Like I said: will choose interpret as good until further notice. The "further notice" will probably be a large bucket of icy water -- but as of right now, I'm still dry.
i wish i shared your sense of optimism. i'm expecting a ding tomorrow. :(

autarkh

Bronze

Post by autarkh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:08 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:
autarkh wrote:
i wish i shared your sense of optimism. i'm expecting a ding tomorrow. :(
Stay positive. The only alternative is abject despair -- and if it's called for, there will be plenty of time for it. Just not yet.

Plus, if you're not getting in with your numbers, none of us are. :mrgreen:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”