Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Legacy316 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:36 pm

southxii wrote:
VoidSix wrote:There is going to be a big wave Tuesday and Wednesday.


Ok. How do we know this? Not doubting you, but i would like to know your source.


Based on previous LSN cycles, it is highly likely that VS is correct. :D

southxii
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:11 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby southxii » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Righteous. I really hope it's email. It sucks not living in the United States.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:05 pm

I just recently went under review so I'm not expecting anything. but it'd be a nice surprise.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27889
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:21 pm

I was trying to sound enigmatic like I had some inside info. I succeeded. However, I don't know anything for certain. That said, this cycle seems very similar to last cycle--a few scattered acceptances throughout November (possibly to people that Dean Tom really liked for whatever reason) along with a huge batch just before Thanksgiving.

Don't forget to put your turkeys in the oven once he calls, boys and girls.

HeyNow
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:30 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby HeyNow » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:42 pm

What do you think will be the app complete cut-off date for the decisions that will be (hopefully) coming out next week? I applied first early in the first week of Nov, went complete the next day, and I would really like a call before Thanksgiving, but I have a feeling that's pushing my luck. Any thoughts?

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby tintin » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:13 pm

at this point i think i would kill for a phonecall from dean tom....

OMG PLZZZZZZ

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27889
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:02 am

BERKELEY GAVE EM THE AXE!

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sfdreaming09 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:04 am

GO BEARS!

protokurios
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby protokurios » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 am

crackberry wrote:But we have the superior team.

bilbobaggins wrote:It's the Pac-10. You'll only be able to say that if you beat us on Saturday.

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bilbobaggins » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:16 am

protokurios wrote:
crackberry wrote:But we have the superior team.

bilbobaggins wrote:It's the Pac-10. You'll only be able to say that if you beat us on Saturday.



Hahahaha. FUCK YES. I had a feeling this was going to happen.

There is nothing better than ruining Stanford's season.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27889
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:42 pm

So, I did a little research about tuition at Berkeley. I can't imagine in coming down, but it's important to note that no one should end up paying that OOS tuition for their 2L or 3L year. I think in-state tuition is going to be around 39.5K in 2010, 42K in 2011, and 45K in 2012. Because of residency rules, no one will actually end up spending 58K for their 2012 year, nor 54K for their 2L year. Still though, 45K for Berkeley is pretty rough.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:45 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
protokurios wrote:
crackberry wrote:But we have the superior team.

bilbobaggins wrote:It's the Pac-10. You'll only be able to say that if you beat us on Saturday.



Hahahaha. FUCK YES. I had a feeling this was going to happen.

There is nothing better than ruining Stanford's season.

For the sake of my sanity, let us please not discuss this any further. Berkeley outplayed us and deserved to win (despite the fact that we had a chance and for some inexplicable reason took the ball out of the hands of our best player in the red zone with the game on the line). It was somewhat meaningless once Oregon beat Arizona and ensured that the winner of the Civil War would go to the Rose Bowl but of course I hate Cal and wanted to beat them.

BB — Congrats on a mediocre season for a mediocre team.

Protokurios — You're just bitter. We own the Coliseum.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27889
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:50 pm

crackberry wrote:BB — Congrats on a mediocre season for a mediocre team.

Protokurios — You're just bitter. We own the Coliseum.


Sounding a little bitter there yourself, crack. :lol:

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:03 pm

VoidSix wrote:
crackberry wrote:BB — Congrats on a mediocre season for a mediocre team.

Protokurios — You're just bitter. We own the Coliseum.


Sounding a little bitter there yourself, crack. :lol:

I make no apologies. It was a soul-crushing defeat and it ruined my weekend. A JR2 this week would make me temporarily forget about it though.

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bilbobaggins » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:33 pm

crackberry wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:
protokurios wrote:
crackberry wrote:But we have the superior team.

bilbobaggins wrote:It's the Pac-10. You'll only be able to say that if you beat us on Saturday.



Hahahaha. FUCK YES. I had a feeling this was going to happen.

There is nothing better than ruining Stanford's season.

For the sake of my sanity, let us please not discuss this any further. Berkeley outplayed us and deserved to win (despite the fact that we had a chance and for some inexplicable reason took the ball out of the hands of our best player in the red zone with the game on the line). It was somewhat meaningless once Oregon beat Arizona and ensured that the winner of the Civil War would go to the Rose Bowl but of course I hate Cal and wanted to beat them.

BB — Congrats on a mediocre season for a mediocre team.

Protokurios — You're just bitter. We own the Coliseum.


Stanford 6-3, 7-4
Berkeley 5-3, 8-3

I know you're bitter, but Stanford didn't really fare much better this season.

Can we at least be happy that we're both going to finish ahead of USC?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:05 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:Stanford 6-3, 7-4
Berkeley 5-3, 8-3

I know you're bitter, but Stanford didn't really fare much better this season.

Can we at least be happy that we're both going to finish ahead of USC?

Yeah I can take some solace in that. Plus if we beat Notre Dame next week, we'll at least be sending Charlie Weis out on a positive note. And I hate Notre Dame even more than I hate Ohio State, which is saying something.

Also I called Cal's season mediocre in comparison to Stanford's because of the expectations going in. No one thought Stanford would finish even remotely close to the top of the Pac 10. Cal was a preseason Top 6 team. In that sense, Stanford overachieved and Cal underachieved.

EDIT: I initially spelled Charlie Weis' name "Carlie," which, in retrospect, is fitting.
Last edited by crackberry on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sfdreaming09 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:41 pm

crackberry wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:Stanford 6-3, 7-4
Berkeley 5-3, 8-3

I know you're bitter, but Stanford didn't really fare much better this season.

Can we at least be happy that we're both going to finish ahead of USC?

Yeah I can take some solace in that. Plus if we beat Notre Dame next week, we'll at least be sending Carlie Weis out on a positive note. And I hate Notre Dame even more than I hate Ohio State, which is saying something.

Also I called Cal's season mediocre in comparison to Stanford's because of the expectations going in. No one thought Stanford would finish even remotely close to the top of the Pac 10. Cal was a preseason Top 6 team. In that sense, Stanford overachieved and Cal underachieved.


Cal was actually ranked #12 in the preseason in both the AP and USA Today. But I understand your point nonetheless.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Mosca » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Every time Cal plays Stanfurd, I have to watch the play. Beautiful!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Mosca wrote:Every time Cal plays Stanfurd, I have to watch the play. Beautiful!

The most under-appreciated part of the play is that it was John Elway's final game at Stanford and he never went to a bowl game. If Stanford had won that game, they would've gone to a bowl.

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bilbobaggins » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:19 pm

crackberry wrote:
Mosca wrote:Every time Cal plays Stanfurd, I have to watch the play. Beautiful!

The most under-appreciated part of the play is that it was John Elway's final game at Stanford and he never went to a bowl game. If Stanford had won that game, they would've gone to a bowl.


And after that his career was a huge joke. ;)

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:23 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Mosca wrote:Every time Cal plays Stanfurd, I have to watch the play. Beautiful!

The most under-appreciated part of the play is that it was John Elway's final game at Stanford and he never went to a bowl game. If Stanford had won that game, they would've gone to a bowl.


And after that his career was a huge joke. ;)

Hah, well I'm sure Elway doesn't lose sleep these days thinking about the play, but I bet he was pretty pissed at the time.

I actually fucking hate the Stanford band. I think those nerds represent everything that is awful about Stanford. I love my alma mater, but damn do I hate that stupid band. They are an embarrassment and a disgrace. So I love the fact that the trombone player just gets flattened by that Cal player. It's a thing of beauty.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Yes, as a fellow Stanford undergrad, I completely despise the band because it runs counter to the character of everyone else whom I know here. It is embarrassing to think that people who aren't familiar with the university imagine that the band accurately represents the students when they see its juvenile, sometimes almost criminal antics reported or on TV.

User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Legacy316 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:09 am

Any chance we see some green dots pop up today?

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 am

Legacy316 wrote:Any chance we see some green dots pop up today?


:Crosses Fingers and hopes:

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby irie » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:27 am

who cares about law school admissions, it's almost bowl season.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, izha, Lmorina126, potterotter, schocolate and 16 guests