Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby $1.99 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:08 pm

autarkh wrote:Sorry to hear about all the dings.

I haven't gotten mine (expected) yet, but I applied really late.

What kind of softs did you guys have (esp. those with stellar numbers)? Good letters of rec/PS? Was this massacre based on anything other than pure caprice?


I had ok softs (2 years of work experience, volunteer work as an undergrad, etc), my recs were great, the only thing i can think of is that I sent in just a 2 page personal statement instead of adding more. Also I am an international student (Canada).

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby gymboree » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:08 pm

$1.99 wrote:
Kronk wrote:
$1.99 wrote:my first rejection, just got dinged with 172/3.96 lol what a joke this school is


He's not bitter. Really.


lol not bitter just kind of amused with their admissions process, admitted to Stanford, Chicago, and NYU but rejected at Boalt? I can't think of a good reason why I was after I spent time applying to Boalt.


You may have answered your own question... quasi-yield protect with your numbers?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28213
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:08 pm

shanejamin wrote:My phone just buzzed with an email, and it was my uncle with some dumb email about "viagra coffee". He almost got added to my blocked senders list for that.


LOL

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby gymboree » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm

anyone get a rejection email who was in FR yet?

User avatar
autarkh
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby autarkh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:12 pm

$1.99 wrote:
autarkh wrote:Sorry to hear about all the dings.

I haven't gotten mine (expected) yet, but I applied really late.

What kind of softs did you guys have (esp. those with stellar numbers)? Good letters of rec/PS? Was this massacre based on anything other than pure caprice?


I had ok softs (2 years of work experience, volunteer work as an undergrad, etc), my recs were great, the only thing i can think of is that I sent in just a 2 page personal statement instead of adding more. Also I am an international student (Canada).


Wow. With your combination of numbers and softs you'll surely get in somewhere else -- possibly better -- if you haven't already.

EDIT: Stanford, NYU and Chigago ain't too shabby.
Last edited by autarkh on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby TheWire » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:13 pm

gymboree wrote:anyone get a rejection email who was in FR yet?


I think that's what us big boys in the other thread are waiting on...

kingsmill
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby kingsmill » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Dinged! 179 LSAT, International Undergraduate but is a huge splitter.

Actually, not surprised...

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Out via email. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby letsgojayhawks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:19 pm

kingsmill wrote:Dinged! 179 LSAT, International Undergraduate but is a huge splitter.

Actually, not surprised...


Did you just now get that email? IE, they just got back from lunch and are sending out emails again?

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Rawlsian » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Wow, hundreds of users watching this thread. Look down...

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28213
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Lunch break over. Resume carnage.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:21 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:
kingsmill wrote:Dinged! 179 LSAT, International Undergraduate but is a huge splitter.

Actually, not surprised...


Did you just now get that email? IE, they just got back from lunch and are sending out emails again?


They are robots, meaning they do not eat lunch. The only reason they would pause in the middle of handing out decisions is to make the people on this board suffer.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:21 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:
kingsmill wrote:Dinged! 179 LSAT, International Undergraduate but is a huge splitter.

Actually, not surprised...


Did you just now get that email? IE, they just got back from lunch and are sending out emails again?


Mine was sent ~12:40 pm central time.

kingsmill
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby kingsmill » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:
kingsmill wrote:Dinged! 179 LSAT, International Undergraduate but is a huge splitter.

Actually, not surprised...


Did you just now get that email? IE, they just got back from lunch and are sending out emails again?



Got the email 1:09 PM. Just arrived home to join this discussion.

runnerman
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby runnerman » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Kronk wrote:Lunch break over. Resume carnage.



um, why are you taking so much pleasure in this? you already got your spot if you want it...

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28213
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:27 pm

runnerman wrote:
Kronk wrote:Lunch break over. Resume carnage.



um, why are you taking so much pleasure in this? you already got your spot if you want it...


No pleasure.

jmoney
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby jmoney » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:28 pm

IN! First time poster. Just received the email. FR, since 1/11

User avatar
legallybrunette16
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby legallybrunette16 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:28 pm

gymboree wrote:
$1.99 wrote:
Kronk wrote:
$1.99 wrote:my first rejection, just got dinged with 172/3.96 lol what a joke this school is


He's not bitter. Really.


lol not bitter just kind of amused with their admissions process, admitted to Stanford, Chicago, and NYU but rejected at Boalt? I can't think of a good reason why I was after I spent time applying to Boalt.


You may have answered your own question... quasi-yield protect with your numbers?


actually - Berkeley is more selective than all those schools except Stanford. Being admitted to other great schools, while being rejected from Boalt doesn't make Berkeley a joke. Don't be so bitter.
Last edited by legallybrunette16 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby letsgojayhawks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:29 pm

jmoney wrote:IN! First time poster. Just received the email. FR, since 1/11


are you international? just wondering b/c you got an email instead of a phone call

protokurios
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby protokurios » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Ooohhh FR decisions...the compulsive inbox checking begins for me.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28213
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:30 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:actually - Berkeley is more selective than all those schools. Being admitted to other great schools, while being rejected from Boalt doesn't make Berkeley a joke. Don't be so bitter.


Far more selective than Chicago or NYU, but Stanford has an acceptance rate of like 7%. Berkeley is 11%.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:34 pm

FR here, and ADMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

seamonkey
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby seamonkey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:41 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:FR here, and ADMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!


Congratulations!

rmend
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby rmend » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Did everyone's rejection email say they welcome transfers, or only some?

MeasuredOptimism
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby MeasuredOptimism » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Just posted this in the FR support group...

IN via email a few minutes ago. UR 10/22, FR 1/11

172/3.9




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Nickel94 and 10 guests