Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kronk

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 pm

booboo wrote:
Kronk wrote:
bayareadunks wrote:So is it bad to still be under review (12/7) and not have gotten a FR email? I'm still a bit confused about this whole concept in general. Can someone explain whether FR is better than still being UR with no word since 12/7? Thanks for the help everyone...

This is awful Kronk. Keep that kind of YouTubing in BP.

Sorry. I rarely venture out. :oops:

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Kronk wrote:
booboo wrote:
Kronk wrote:
bayareadunks wrote:So is it bad to still be under review (12/7) and not have gotten a FR email? I'm still a bit confused about this whole concept in general. Can someone explain whether FR is better than still being UR with no word since 12/7? Thanks for the help everyone...

hahahaha what did he say?

Edit: saw it, such an ass

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:34 pm

calicocat wrote:hahahaha what did he say?

Just really defensive about spots in the Berkeley class that could potentially be yours. <3

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Kronk wrote:
calicocat wrote:hahahaha what did he say?

Just really defensive about spots in the Berkeley class that could potentially be yours. <3

Sigh, I can't stay mad at you for long <3

bayareadunks

Postby bayareadunks » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Kronk wrote:
booboo wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Ouch.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 pm

So Berkley saw less than a 5% increase this year in applications. Not bad. I wonder why it was so little here and 50% at Cornell? Think all the top T14 will only have minimal increases, and the lower will see a larger yearly increase (from people applying to more safety-ish schools)?

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Jericwithers wrote:So Berkley saw less than a 5% increase this year in applications. Not bad. I wonder why it was so little here and 50% at Cornell? Think all the top T14 will only have minimal increases, and the lower will see a larger yearly increase (from people applying to more safety-ish schools)?

Probably some combination of Cornell removing the Dean's Cert. requirement and Berkeley's absurd tuition that I plan to pay.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Kronk wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:So Berkley saw less than a 5% increase this year in applications. Not bad. I wonder why it was so little here and 50% at Cornell? Think all the top T14 will only have minimal increases, and the lower will see a larger yearly increase (from people applying to more safety-ish schools)?

Probably some combination of Cornell removing the Dean's Cert. requirement and Berkeley's absurd tuition that I plan to pay.

Ah yes, I forgot about the Tuition increase..... :(

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Kronk wrote:

I saw all these posts from "Kronk" as thought, how the hell did I miss this guy.

Everyone's so damn tricky with these name changes.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Unfortunate, because Berkeley would be a clear #2 for me behind SLS if it was still under 40K for instate tuition. OOS at 52k makes the decision between Berkeley and UofC / NYU / Columbia harder. It's like "Can I really justify taking the weaker school AND paying more?"

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Kronk wrote:

I saw all these posts from "Kronk" as thought, how the hell did I miss this guy.

Fellow Coloradan reporting for duty. Though you seem to be our MVP currently.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Kronk wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Unfortunate, because Berkeley would be a clear #2 for me behind SLS if it was still under 40K for instate tuition. OOS at 52k makes the decision between Berkeley and UofC / NYU / Columbia harder. It's like "Can I really justify taking the weaker school AND paying more?"

Agreed, but I still hope for the opportunity to have to make that decision. However, so far in the process I have been looking at the cheapest, best school I can possibly get so picking NYU/Columbia over Berkley wouldn't be difficult for me since I have no ties to Cali.

The name changes also confuse me; especially because I can't figure out how to change mine lol.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Kronk wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Fellow Coloradan reporting for duty. Though you seem to be our MVP currently.

Not once Dean Deal gives you a little ring.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 am

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:12 am

Neelio wrote:http://twitter.com/boaltadmissions/

thanks for that!

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:17 am

Havaianas wrote:

thanks for that!

Hoping to see some truth to that tweet. In FR, but the email said "on or before Feb 19".

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:35 am

Neelio wrote:
Havaianas wrote:

thanks for that!

Hoping to see some truth to that tweet. In FR, but the email said "on or before Feb 19".

Last year, there was a batch of AR admits in early February; that hasn't happened yet. I'm guessing that's what this is about. Although it only says "decisions", so it could be another bloodbath for the non-FR folks.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Neelio wrote:
Havaianas wrote:

thanks for that!

Hoping to see some truth to that tweet. In FR, but the email said "on or [strike]before[/strike] around Feb 19".

FTFY

zenithtonadir

Postby zenithtonadir » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:59 pm

BenJ wrote:Last year, there was a batch of AR admits in early February; that hasn't happened yet. I'm guessing that's what this is about. Although it only says "decisions", so it could be another bloodbath for the non-FR folks.

I'm operating under the (probably misguided) assumption that "decisions" means both admits and rejects, but that there will be more than one wave of AR admittances.

But. Who. Really. Knows?

Not me :(

existenz

Postby existenz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Good god, it's just been a bloodbath at Berkeley according to LSN.

Five admits, 95 rejects since Jan. 11th. Ouch. Of course, I guess it's a good thing that they are being up-front with the folks who won't be getting in. But hopefully they have a bunch more admits left to hand out as well.

td6624

Postby td6624 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:13 pm

I guess it's slightly encouraging then that I'm still just Under Review and haven't been rejected yet.

Right?

....right?!

Edit: Just looked at the numbers on the admits. Hope shrinking.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:19 pm

So, Berkley, your 'peer' schools of Chicago and Virginia just waitlisted me today. What's your move? Get it done this week if you don't mind. Thank you for hearing me, but now I need to express this same sentiment to Michigan.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:21 pm

td6624 wrote:I guess it's slightly encouraging then that I'm still just Under Review and haven't been rejected yet.

Right?

....right?!

Edit: Just looked at the numbers on the admits. Hope shrinking.

Whoaaaa livin' on a prayer!

sandiecohen47

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:23 pm

I've basically lost all hope. Many people with better and similar numbers who were non-FR and UR in November just like me were rejected last week. I cringe whenever I see the +1 in my gmail. Sigh.

Fingers still crossed, though.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Jericwithers wrote:So, Berkley, your 'peer' schools of Chicago and Virginia just waitlisted me today. What's your move? Get it done this week if you don't mind. Thank you for hearing me, but now I need to express this same sentiment to Michigan.

Good luck to u 2!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”